P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, I’ve been reading the posts earlier in bed but as I was on my phone I still can’t respond! On my iPad now - 

Jane, so pleased to hear you got a reply from MSC  and the man was, rightly, sacked.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the booster jab etc. Unfortunately I’m not surprised.

Quiet day here today as John is at work, he’s off tomorrow and it’s our wedding anniversary so will be quite busy. Have a good weekend everyone.

61c0783bc2559bbe47d433b1bf2dd0d9.gif.09c6c642384ab55d3e57e4d1afa3b117.gif    Enjoy your day together :classic_smile::classic_love:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Moon last night 

IMG_20210917_212522.jpg

Now that is the sight I miss the most. Watching the sunset over the sea while taking a late night stroll around the promenade deck just before bed. Beautiful.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your cruise Graham. I should  have been a detective.  🕵️‍♀️😉

Avril

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, I’ve been reading the posts earlier in bed but as I was on my phone I still can’t respond! On my iPad now - 

Jane, so pleased to hear you got a reply from MSC  and the man was, rightly, sacked.

Sorry to hear about the problems with the booster jab etc. Unfortunately I’m not surprised.

Quiet day here today as John is at work, he’s off tomorrow and it’s our wedding anniversary so will be quite busy. Have a good weekend everyone.

Enjoy your anniversary weekend Sue.
It’s frustrating re responding on this site at times isn’t it? No danger of forgetting my password!! 🤣

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I failed to report it was our 56th wedding anniversary last Saturday. Now with Emma Raducana winning the US open, we have a much more pleasant reminder of our anniversary date.

Belated Anniversary congratulations.to you both. We married in 1965 too. Looking back over the years I wonder where the time went. I doesn't feel that long ago I was a fresh-faced 18 year old eager to start married life.

Avril

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Enjoy your anniversary weekend Sue.
It’s frustrating re responding on this site at times isn’t it? No danger of forgetting my password!! 🤣

Thank you 😊 I wondered why there were so many posts to read then I remembered why 🙄

Spot of really good news for a number of people here in a Press Release issued by HMG last night.

Potentially and literally a life saver for anyone with a compromised immune system, for whom the vaccine hasn’t provided any COVID-19 antibodies:

“Thousands of vulnerable NHS patients in hospital due to COVID-19 are set to benefit from a ground-breaking new antibody treatment, the government has announced today (17 September 2021).

Ronapreve, a combination of two monoclonal antibodies, will be targeted initially at those in hospital who have not mounted an antibody response against COVID-19.

This includes people who are immunocompromised, for example those with certain cancers or autoimmune diseases, and therefore have difficulty building up an antibody response to the virus, either through being exposed to COVID-19 or from vaccination.”

• Like 11

11 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Spot of really good news for a number of people here in a Press Release issued by HMG last night.

Potentially and literally a life saver for anyone with a compromised immune system, for whom the vaccine hasn’t provided any COVID-19 antibodies:

“Thousands of vulnerable NHS patients in hospital due to COVID-19 are set to benefit from a ground-breaking new antibody treatment, the government has announced today (17 September 2021).

Ronapreve, a combination of two monoclonal antibodies, will be targeted initially at those in hospital who have not mounted an antibody response against COVID-19.

This includes people who are immunocompromised, for example those with certain cancers or autoimmune diseases, and therefore have difficulty building up an antibody response to the virus, either through being exposed to COVID-19 or from vaccination.”

I saw that too Harry ,it's very good news and I believe they used it on the president (Trump)

when he had covid , it seemed to work better than bleach :classic_unsure:

• Haha 5

51 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Great news for you at last Harry. I have really felt for you through all this. While others have been able to return to some kind of 'normality' you've had to watch and wait. I hope all goes well with the trials and your waiting will soon be at an end.

Take care.

Avril

• Like 4

Good news indeed Harry.

I’ve just walked down to my local shops and bumped into my friend whose surprise 60th we’re going to!! Luckily I haven’t seen her since her Britannia short cruise so I asked her lots of questions about that! I walked off with a ‘have a good weekend’ while thinking ‘see you tomorrow’ 😁😁

She really enjoyed her Britannia cruise. Before she went she wasn’t sure about no ports but she told me they got off wishing they’d booked a week!

• Like 3

2 Brit ladies in their 70s have gone down with covid on the apartment complex near us.They flew in about 10 days ago,although they have separate apartments they are constant companions and shared a car with 3 others visiting a waterfall last week.That's a bit worrying for the others.Good news is the symptons are a bad head cold and just require isolation so far.I was about to go round there with a pile of books for their club the day after I heard,phew.1 from Northern Ireland 1 from Birmingham and the other 3 from Wigan.They won't be flying home Tuesday as planned.Tested ourselves today,OK,cheers,Brian.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Great news for you at last Harry. I have really felt for you through all this. While others have been able to return to some kind of 'normality' you've had to watch and wait. I hope all goes well with the trials and your waiting will soon be at an end.

Take care.

Avril

Thanks, Avril - that's kind of you. 

We're still very much shielding (even though the government helpfully announced two days ago that it's officially finished!) and haven't been into any shops, houses or other buildings since March 2020.  Can't have anyone in the house either, and that includes family.  All granny/grandchildren physical contact impossible.  Son's wedding in December an almost certain no-no.

That sounds like a massive moan, but you develop coping mechanisms, as others here equally badly affected will know.  The garden's fine for meeting up in the warmer months, and everything we could possibly need gets delivered to the door by Tesco, Waitrose, Amazon and eBay.  We're very lucky in many ways, and I really feel for those in different circumstances.

The Ronapreve news is excellent in that should the worst happen, despite taking all these precautions, the near certainty of death changes very substantially, and that's quite some reassurance!  Hats off to all the scientists and medics who did the research which led to this outcome.

Hope you and Frank enjoy today's good weather in the garden (sunny there, I think) - just had our coffee outside, and it's very nice.  🌞

Harry

• Like 6

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Thanks very much Sue. A good outcome from MSC, the usual shambles from the NHS. I wish you a very happy anniversary for tomorrow. Have a great day. Jane.x 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

This is really great news Harry. A real spark of light in what must have felt like eternal darkness. I am so happy for you and all those affected. Best wishes. Jane.x 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Well we have just been treated to a beautiful fly past by a Spitfire over Hanley. It was to mark the new exhibition at the City Museum of the Spitfire and Reginald Mitchell. Spectacular!

We have just had the Red Arrows fly over in formation, I don't know if they are practicing or going to a show, maybe its a late treat for Frank's Birthday as they were heading in Avril's direction😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We have just had the Red Arrows fly over in formation, I don't know if they are practicing or going to a show, maybe its a late treat for Frank's Birthday as they were heading in Avril's direction😁

I think they were doing the Chorley G7 summit flypast ..

Left RAF Scampton - 12.28pm

Fiskerton - 12.30pm

Leek - 12.40pm

Crewe - 12.42pm

Llyn Brenig - 12.49pm

Lytham St Annes - 12.57pm

Southport - 12.58pm

Bretherton - 12.59pm

Chorley - 1pm

Heywood - 1.02pm

Holmfirth - 1.05pm

Eastoft - 1.11pm

RAF Scamtpton - 1.15pm  for a nice cup of tea :classic_love:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks, Avril - that's kind of you. 

We're still very much shielding (even though the government helpfully announced two days ago that it's officially finished!) and haven't been into any shops, houses or other buildings since March 2020.  Can't have anyone in the house either, and that includes family.  All granny/grandchildren physical contact impossible.  Son's wedding in December an almost certain no-no.

That sounds like a massive moan, but you develop coping mechanisms, as others here equally badly affected will know.  The garden's fine for meeting up in the warmer months, and everything we could possibly need gets delivered to the door by Tesco, Waitrose, Amazon and eBay.  We're very lucky in many ways, and I really feel for those in different circumstances.

The Ronapreve news is excellent in that should the worst happen, despite taking all these precautions, the near certainty of death changes very substantially, and that's quite some reassurance!  Hats off to all the scientists and medics who did the research which led to this outcome.

Hope you and Frank enjoy today's good weather in the garden (sunny there, I think) - just had our coffee outside, and it's very nice.  🌞

Harry

The garden is as far as we go too. I know we're double jabbed , but that doesn't mean we've actually produced any antibodies, so I'm being cautious. Family visit now though and I get my Grammy cuddles again, so I'm slowly adjusting. I just don't feel comfortable in crowds now masks are a rarity and social distancing long forgotten. 

We have to hand it to our wonderful scientists with how far they have come in the last 18+months, they've done a remarkable job. 

I hope it's not too much longer Harry. Wouldn't it make a lovely Christmas present for you?

Stay safe and take care Harry

Avril

• Like 5

4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Nope Phil, nothing here, and we've been in the garden most of the day.

Oh wait though...... they only do the flypast when it's your 100th birthday.

Next year then🤫😁

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Now that is the sight I miss the most. Watching the sunset over the sea while taking a late night stroll around the promenade deck just before bed. Beautiful.

I'm pleased you enjoyed your cruise Graham. I should  have been a detective.  🕵️‍♀️😉

Avril

Thanks Avril.

We got home a couple of hours ago after a 315 mile drive home from Southampton.

We had an amazing 7 nights cruise on Iona.

The ship was fabulous and is now top of our list of ships.

Graham.

IMG_20210912_114328.jpg

IMG_20210912_132237.jpg

IMG_20210917_185620.jpg

IMG_20210917_115224.jpg

IMG_20210917_114917.jpg

IMG_20210916_202408.jpg

IMG_20210916_135546.jpg

IMG_20210916_105423.jpg

IMG_20210915_202321.jpg

IMG_20210915_150113.jpg

IMG_20210915_111955.jpg

IMG_20210915_111851.jpg

IMG-20210914-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20210914-WA0011.jpg

IMG_20210916_110952.jpg

IMG_20210912_212716.jpg

IMG_20210914_102520.jpg

IMG-20210911-WA0013.jpg

• Like 14

8 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I failed to report it was our 56th wedding anniversary last Saturday. Now with Emma Raducana winning the US open, we have a much more pleasant reminder of our anniversary date.

Happy belated 56th wedding anniversary John and Pauline.