P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Son of Anarchy said:

We thought that as well.  We had a balcony cabin for a change and were looking forward to ordering a light breakfast to have on the balcony for a few days.  Luckily we were on deck 15, so I just nipped up to the buffet and brought some stuff back.

I hope you had a great time Son of Anarchy.

Graham.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bin man said:

Room service

Additional cost
For a little extra
Additional cost
Dining

Morning, noon, and through the night, if you fancy a bite to eat in your cabin, you’ve a mouth-watering room service menu to choose from… meals, desserts, snacks and drinks, all prepared with care and delivered with a smile. A small supplement applies to each item, apart from breakfast, which is included in the price of your holiday. 

Onboard Activities

So p and o say on their website additional cost apart from breakfast ? Trades description or what ! 

In our case the waiter lost out.

Even Royal Caribbean continental room service breakfast is free but we don't mind paying $7.95 for their hot breakfast.

Graham.

IMG_20210915_223717.jpg

3 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Afternoon all. It's piddling down here, thundering too.

Graham, lovely photos of your cruise, hope you had a good time.

I've just sorted out my clothes for our Devon holiday next week and am feeling a bit cross with myself, lots of clothes that either don't fit or barely fit, not much wiggle room for cream teas and Hockings clotted cream ice creams. 🙄

Thank you Sarah.

We loved Iona.

I actually put on 8lbs in weight.

I hope you have a fantastic time in Devon.

Good excuse to buy some new clothes.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks that is what I thought but my nieghbour asked me earlier today if we had organised our tests for when we get back and I started to panic.

Nothing required for our 2 seacation cruises.

On both occasions we got our negative results of our Lateral flow test at the terminal within 20 minutes and we had to show the texts on our phone before we were allowed to check in.

Graham.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you Sarah.

We loved Iona.

I actually put on 8lbs in weight.

I hope you have a fantastic time in Devon.

Good excuse to buy some new clothes.

Graham.

I am determined not to buy the next size up incase I spread outwards even more 😂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

With our 8.5% discount it came to £2.29.

I felt sorry for the waiter as I always give a £2 tip and had a bank bag with several £2 coins in for this purpose.

Graham.

Poor *ugger. He probably had to walk half a mile in each direction just to bring you your brekkie too...😏😀

• Haha 3

Just now, Britboys said:

Poor *ugger. He probably had to walk half a mile in each direction just to bring you your brekkie too...😏😀

Most of the restaurants were at the back of the ship and we were close to the rear lifts as well as the service lifts.

He never came into our cabin as he stood outside and passed the tray to me.

Graham

• Like 1

Just now, grapau27 said:

Most of the restaurants were at the back of the ship and we were close to the rear lifts as well as the service lifts.

He never came into our cabin as he stood outside and passed the tray to me.

Graham

Only joking Graham!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, davecttr said:

As long as it does not fall into the Atlantic, in which case bye bye New York, the Caribbean, the rest of the Canary Islands,  be pretty bad for the UK as well. Don't panic 😱

Glad to say that mega tsunami theory has been debunked by more recent research, there maybe tsunamis, but not ones that will devastate the coastlines of North & South America or the South coast of England. 

5 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know if anyone's been keeping an eye on the news about the earthquakes and tremors that have been happening on La Palma over these last few days. There were predictions of a possible eruption, and the volcano erupted  this afternoon. 

Avril

Visited La Palma back in 2013 an unscheduled stop after we couldn’t get into Lisbon due to a storm. Beautiful Island we were hoping to go back one day, glad not there at the moment, seeing Spanish TV broadcast around 500 tourists have been evacuated from the area, along with a few thousand residents. 

I remember when I was at the the top of Mt Teide in Tenerife at 3715m the view across to La Palma in the distance was spectacular. 

Good afternoon everyone.

It is currently 16°F and sunny.

I saw the doctor first thing and on my way out I saw the nurse who gave me the flu jab.

I then called at my TA to book a cruise then had 3 hours doing sales calls.

I hope everyone is well.

Take care.

Graham.

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I saw the doctor first thing and on my way out I saw the nurse who gave me the flu jab.

I hope everyone is well.

Take care.

Graham.

Good afternoon everyone,

Lovely afternoon here too, just collected the dog from the groomers, car said it was 19 degrees. Clear blue skies, I have been sat out on the patio getting my vitamin D intake.

Booking a cruise sounds great, something to look forward to Graham

Take care everyone 

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good afternoon everyone.

I hope everyone is well.

Take care.

Graham.

A very nice 20.c with Mr Blue Sky here :classic_love: Having read your post prompted me to ring 

our Drs about flu jab but they have heard nothing about when they will be stocked or 

starting the jabs yet ,could go to the chemist but I'm in no rush yet .

I hope you enjoy your next cruise and wish you well in getting rid of those excess pounds 

from your cruise just gone . Take care:classic_smile:

• Like 2