P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Morning 

I am in beautiful but not so sunny North Devon at the moment. It took my husband several hours to find a petrol station with fuel the night before we left, but we made it.  Fortunately the local petrol station down here seems to be coping ok, limiting drivers to £30 of fuel, and we should manage to get home again 😊

There is another National shortage that is hit our holiday 😂 no flakes for ice creams anywhere!

My 18month old Grandson is loving Westward Ho! beach although he’s refusing to say ‘the sea’ and keeps calling it a big puddle! 🥴

This is the first time in ages I’ve been able to get on here & post with my iPhone, too many missed pages to read through. But thoughts go to Sharon, I hope all goes well, and the same to others with hospital appointments and those under the weather! I’ve missed reading everyone’s posts, hopefully my phone has got rid of it’s gremlins. 

C7E842E7-05CD-4074-BDA2-7BC34E96391B.jpeg

I hope you all have a fantastic time in North Devon Sarah.

Graham.

• Like 1

Thanks for all of the good wishes for my hospital appointment today.  We are now home and I am feeling a bit sore.  I have to wait 6-10 days for the results and to find out what the next step will be.  I was amazed at how efficiently everything was handled at the hospital. I felt that everything possible is being done to keep everyone safe.  I now have a better appreciation of hard things have been

for people who are having to make frequent hospital visits.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Thanks for all of the good wishes for my hospital appointment today.  We are now home and I am feeling a bit sore.  I have to wait 6-10 days for the results and to find out what the next step will be.  I was amazed at how efficiently everything was handled at the hospital. I felt that everything possible is being done to keep everyone safe.  I now have a better appreciation of hard things have been

for people who are having to make frequent hospital visits.  

I hope your results are excellent news for you 🤞.

Thank you to all of you who have given me words of encouragement after my last MRI scan results. It came a shock to learn that something has appeared on the scan after being clear for so many years. 

Glad everything went well for you Josy, fingers crossed everything is OK.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Nope, after you buy your 8th drink a take away cup will appear on the right, next time you want to buy a drink you have to click the offer and follow the destructions

Oh, I see.

I think I’ll have to download the app, I’ve never bothered before, just used the card instead. 

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Only If you buy one drink to get to 8 beans then your next will be free. If you buy both drinks together the app will show a free drink plus one bean. The new system is much better for us than the old one.

I quite liked the old system. We’d save our points and then use them to buy sandwiches for lunch if we went out for the day 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I quite liked the old system. We’d save our points and then use them to buy sandwiches for lunch if we went out for the day 

I used to save the points and then buy lunches or treat myself to something to eat. I think I have lost out on the changeover!

• Like 2

Yes, the new system is only concerned with barista made drinks so food does not count. I just confirmed today by buying tea that it does count as barista made by highly trained operatives putting the tea bag in the teapot 😁

You also get a free cake during your birthday week

Maybe the optimum strategy is to buy less expensive drinks and when your free one arrives get a large expensive one

Edited by davecttr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Good evening.

It has been a miserable 10°C with intermittent rain showers here.

I booked another P&O cruise today so this has cheered us both up.

Take care and stay safe everyone😷

Graham.

Miserable here today too, got soaked out walking the dogs.

Another cruise sounds exciting!!! Where you going this time?? We have no cruises now until Feb 22 on Britannia then July 22 on Sky Princess. 
Family coming to stay this weekend from Whitley Bay, can’t wait to see Grandchildren!!

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Miserable here today too, got soaked out walking the dogs.

Another cruise sounds exciting!!! Where you going this time?? We have no cruises now until Feb 22 on Britannia then July 22 on Sky Princess. 
Family coming to stay this weekend from Whitley Bay, can’t wait to see Grandchildren!!

Stay safe everyone 

Michelle 

It is on Britannia next year.

I hope you have a fantastic weekend Michelle with your grandchildren and family from Whitley Bay.

Graham.

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Yes, the new system is only concerned with barista made drinks so food does not count. I just confirmed today by buying tea that it does count as barista made by highly trained operatives putting the tea bag in the teapot 😁

Maybe the optimum strategy is to buy less expensive drinks and when your free one arrives get a large expensive one

The McDonalds app gives you a evoucher to get a Big Mac or 1/4 pounder for 99p in your birthday month.

• Like 1

Hi all,went out for dinner last night at the pub round the corner.It is an Ember Inn part of the Mitchell and Butler chain.Fantastic menu but sod all available.All the fish dishes and loads of others not there.The manager said they order stuff and the lorry turns up with loads missing.This supply chain crisis is serious.I'm dreading Christmas,my Octopus is looking more of a reality now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, davecttr said:

Lol that is exactly what we did. Our points were converted over and we had enough for two drinks, so we had the large cappuccinos, any drink any size, its my birthday next week so I will try for my free cake!😁

• Like 1

Flu vaccination clinic at our local surgery has now been cancelled for the second time.  Tried Boots - no joy. Rang Asda - no problem, got an appointment for Monday.  What is going on with the flu vaccine programme this year? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Billish said:

Flu vaccination clinic at our local surgery has now been cancelled for the second time.  Tried Boots - no joy. Rang Asda - no problem, got an appointment for Monday.  What is going on with the flu vaccine programme this year? 

Delays in delivery due to “road freight challenges” 

https://www.pulsetoday.co.uk/news/clinical-areas/immunology-and-vaccines/gps-forced-to-cancel-flu-vaccine-appointments-due-to-delivery-delays/

3 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Thank you for that. I do recall reading some time ago that some logistical problems were forecast,  but given the advance warnings I of course assumed that the government would take the necessary steps to ensure supplies would get through.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Billish said:

No sign of any flu vaccination clinic at our surgery either. We had ours about a month ago at the chemist attached to our Drs.
I think the Drs surgery just don’t want large amounts of people in the surgery at any one time. It’s bad enough getting an appointment to see the Dr individually, I have not managed to get one since March 2020. 
Michelle 

3 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

No sign of any flu vaccination clinic at our surgery either. We had ours about a month ago at the chemist attached to our Drs.
I think the Drs surgery just don’t want large amounts of people in the surgery at any one time. It’s bad enough getting an appointment to see the Dr individually, I have not managed to get one since March 2020. 
Michelle 

It is near impossible to get a doctor's appointment at our surgery at the moment.  I recently managed to get one but only because I had a telephone appointment first and she then said I would have to go into the surgery because she needed to examine me to determine exactly what was causing the problem. 

I had my flu vaccine last week at the covid vaccine clinic where I volunteer.  We were offering the flu vaccine to all over 60s who came in for their Covid vaccine and I know that they are planning to do the same tomorrow though obviously will change if they don't get a delivery of vaccines.