P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Wow it’s been busy in here today! Think it was only a day or day and a half since I looked in here.

Yesterday we did a reccy to a place we’re going to for a friend’s daughters wedding in two weeks. It looks lovely but completely in the middle of nowhere! Glad we went as we’re going to the evening only and it will be dark then. It overlooks a creek on the Isle of Sheppey. We had a coffee there before we came back.

Tomorrow I’m doing my late shift instead of Thursday as I’ve got the day off for Joshua’s birthday, can’t believe he’ll be three. So a lovely Monday lie in tomorrow!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Wow it’s been busy in here today! Think it was only a day or day and a half since I looked in here.

Yesterday we did a reccy to a place we’re going to for a friend’s daughters wedding in two weeks. It looks lovely but completely in the middle of nowhere! Glad we went as we’re going to the evening only and it will be dark then. It overlooks a creek on the Isle of Sheppey. We had a coffee there before we came back.

Tomorrow I’m doing my late shift instead of Thursday as I’ve got the day off for Joshua’s birthday, can’t believe he’ll be three. So a lovely Monday lie in tomorrow!

Happy 3rd birthday for Joshua.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

It overlooks a creek on the Isle of Sheppey. We had a coffee there before we came back.

We are at Harty Ferry for a wedding early next year.  Its been postponed twice so it's third time lucky. lo

That road leading up to it is 4 miles long, with hardy anything on it.. just the venue and a few dwellings and a church at the end.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

We are at Harty Ferry for a wedding early next year.  Its been postponed twice so it's third time lucky. lo

That road leading up to it is 4 miles long, with hardy anything on it.. just the venue and a few dwellings and a church at the end.

Yes you’ve got the right place! This is the third attempt at this wedding too.

Nice to see what everyone has been up to since I was on here yesterday lunchtime.

I spent a very quiet evening at work yesterday, so quiet that we sat and watched Strictly Come Dancing, between checking in a few guests and serving drinks in the bar.  Finished work at 10 pm last night and back in again at 8.30 am this morning, feels as though I didn't go home!  Another quiet day, quite a few check-outs but only three check-ins, so spent some time online looking at cruises. Been looking at some  cruises with MSC in November, undecided, but I'm very tempted though!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I think we should as well 😕Is that the Eastern Med trip, with a new (to us) port in Greece - Gythion, or some such?

Really have no thoughts of resuming cruising at the moment

I typed that yesterday but haven’t been able to post or add likes. 🙄. Ho hum

So excuse if I seemed to be ignoring 

Having the same problem myself at the moment, it started this afternoon,  so I'm having to use my phone 😤

No Eddie, it was on October 10th 19 nights central  Med. I think the western Med cruise was the one before.

Avril 

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

I looked at the first picture and thought ' that looks like Miller and Carter onion loaf ' . Then scrolled down and realised how sad I really am. That can go on our list for next time we pop down to Bournemouth for the weekend. Being retired now, we can have our weekends in the middle of the week and save a few Bob.🤣

zapp you are correct it was miller and Carter , but our onion loafs were a little bit smaller than usual, pudding was apple & rhubarb crumble and banoffee pie, 😋

• Like 1

9 hours ago, brian1 said:

An hour after our full English this morning (loads of toms).Vanessa our neighbour took us to this lovely cafe for hot chocolate and cream cakes.Note the choc is a bit different from ours.IMG_20211017_103816.thumb.jpg.4daafb27234f49d7a078537f13a5cf73.jpgIMG_20211017_103937.thumb.jpg.a6be27bece632f934fcdffb94147140d.jpgIMG_20211017_104459.thumb.jpg.87144a88ef21f8d6423dced0b39c722d.jpgIMG_20211017_104558.thumb.jpg.a86b44a23b65bf133de6ff774df637fb.jpg

It’s been 17 years since I had one of those hot chocolate in Italy, loved them so much I got the waiter to write down what I needed and went of to the supermarket to buy some of the packets to bring home to make my own but never tasted the same but was still good 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, purplesea said:

Been looking at some  cruises with MSC in November, undecided, but I'm very tempted though!

I do think you need to read the reviews before you book a MSC cruise. However,  if you can afford it, the Yacht Club is meant to be fantastic.  

11 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Graham lovely pictures of you and Pauline especially the last one you both look very happy and you look very tall against Pauline and she’s got hills on .

Thanks Sandra.

Pauline is only 5 feet 2 inches and I'm 5 feet 10 inches.

Today is 3 years since Pauline's lovely mam died so we will be going to the remembrance room at the Crematorium later.

It is currently 12°C and cloudy.

I hope everyone has a nice day.

Graham.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sandra.

Today is 3 years since Pauline's lovely mam died so we will be going to the remembrance room at the Crematorium later.

Graham.

Best wishes to you and Pauline on a sad day. Those anniversaries never get any easier.

Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

3 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Best wishes to you and Pauline on a sad day. Those anniversaries never get any easier.

Gill x

What Gill said, you two take care :classic_smile:

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

I do think you need to read the reviews before you book a MSC cruise. However,  if you can afford it, the Yacht Club is meant to be fantastic.  

Thanks for the advice, but having looked into the cost of transport, getting to the port, etc have decided it's not worth it!

• Like 1

Graham best wishes to you and Pauline on a challenging day.

Weather cloudy here and as the Gardening Express has not yet sent me the shrubs for the planters no gardening whoopee. Instead I shall sally forth and treat myself to lunch at the Crown at Wells I think. Don't feel I stick out like a sore thumb on my own in the week unlike Sundays when its mainly families.

Good news on the passport front I received an email a couple of minutes ago from the passport office saying my renewal had been approved ad my new passport sent for printing. Given I only completed the application at the Post Office around 1pm on Thursday that seem sterling work. Just have to wait and see how long until arrival.

Em

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sandra.

Graham.

A sad day for Pauline and you today. I s add m sure you have many treasured memories 

Michelle

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

A sad day for Pauline and you today. I s add m sure you have many treasured memories 

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Lots of memories including 6 cruises Ruth shared our cabin after Pauline's dad died.

I knew her 40+ years and we saw her every day unless we were away on holiday.

Graham.

55 minutes ago, ccpm said:

Graham best wishes to you and Pauline on a challenging day.

Weather cloudy here and as the Gardening Express has not yet sent me the shrubs for the planters no gardening whoopee. Instead I shall sally forth and treat myself to lunch at the Crown at Wells I think. Don't feel I stick out like a sore thumb on my own in the week unlike Sundays when its mainly families.

Good news on the passport front I received an email a couple of minutes ago from the passport office saying my renewal had been approved ad my new passport sent for printing. Given I only completed the application at the Post Office around 1pm on Thursday that seem sterling work. Just have to wait and see how long until arrival.

Em

Thank you Em.

Graham.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Sandra.

Graham.

Dad died in 1991 and mum 1993. I still  miss them every day, but the tears now come less often.

Thinking of you both today as you remember all those happy times together. x

Avril 

I hope this time it finally posts. 

Edited by Adawn47
  • Thanks 1