P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone, cold here today, -2 when I got in my car this morning. 
Just been helping my mum with her Xmas cards, she has Macular Degeneration and can’t see to write envelopes so she writes her name in the card and I do the envelopes. Just mine to do now. 
Dog walking at lunchtime then not much else planned but always can find jobs that need doing around the house.

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Reading though your posts it seems warm down here in comparison. Overcast but dry and not a breath of wind with a temp of 7oC and expected to reach double figures!!

That's our forecast for tomorrow, with a temp of 11c. That's a +11 not - 11 by the way. Hmm, I'll wait and see🤔

Still no sign of Kalos, and I am concerned now. I do hope they're both alright. I look for a post from him every time I log in. Isn't it strange how you can worry and care about someone you've never met? x

I'm just an old softie🙄

Take care and stay safe everyone

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

We went to Wales this past weekend to stay with friends, we had to go up the M62 as all the other roads over the Pennines were shut. To be fair it wasn't too bad even though it had been closed until 08:00. Fine coming back Sunday night until we got to Huddersfield, a bit hairy but manageable, even this morning some of the roads over the top to Barnsley were slippy in places plus it was -2oC. Now it is lovely and sunny and a balmy 3oC.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That's our forecast for tomorrow, with a temp of 11c. That's a +11 not - 11 by the way. Hmm, I'll wait and see🤔

Still no sign of Kalos, and I am concerned now. I do hope they're both alright. I look for a post from him every time I log in. Isn't it strange how you can worry and care about someone you've never met? x

I'm just an old softie🙄

Take care and stay safe everyone

Avril

It is a tad concerning that Kalos has been so quiet. Let’s hope he posts again soon as I think we all miss his posts. He cheered us up so much last year and this year and it would be nice for us to be able to reciprocate if things are not good for him at the moment.

Gill

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

It is a tad concerning that Kalos has been so quiet. Let’s hope he posts again soon as I think we all miss his posts. He cheered us up so much last year and this year and it would be nice for us to be able to reciprocate if things are not good for him at the moment.

Gill

I'm begining to think it could be Mrs K. He did say that she had been in some pain for while, her back I think, but kept ignoring it. He said that she finally decided to have some tests done, and so he may not be posting as often.

We can only hope things are well with them both.x

No news is good news🤞

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

It would be really nice to hear from @kalos

We’ve just returned from a nice walk.  It didn’t seem too cold, though we were well wrapped up.  We could see our breath, so there must have been a nip in the air

We went into our favourite riverside-walk pub, for the first time since 2019 - though we have visited often and eaten and supped outside.  It was so nice to be back in - roaring fire and Christmas decorations up.  We only had coffee but we’re very tempted looking at their Xmas menu!  I think we may be back, in the next few days in case hospitality rules change

09125D62-0E08-4AE3-A070-C26719563FBC.thumb.jpeg.2b391ef8fd93fcccb007700fa57c8a18.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, brian1 said:

That's the sky by the way not a lake.Someone tell how to rotate my pics please,lol.

Hi Brian.

Click on the 3 dots.

Click on Rotate.

Click on 3 dots again.

Click on Rotate.

I have cropped the last photo for you.

Graham.

Screenshot_20211129_135817_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox.jpg

Screenshot_20211129_135840_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20211129_135858_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20211129_135910_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Screenshot_20211129_140157.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Just got my BCC op date.

24th December.

Pre-op nasal covid19 swab on 21-12.

Graham.

I wonder if that's a cancellation Graham?  Not many people want (or have the time) to have an op on Christmas Eve.  Personally it wouldn't bother me and I suspect it won't bother you either.  Sooner the better and the very best of luck.  So cold even in the South today - minus 1 degree in London but no snow.  Take care you and Pauline.  Best wishes.  Jane xx

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

I wonder if that's a cancellation Graham?  Not many people want (or have the time) to have an op on Christmas Eve.  Personally it wouldn't bother me and I suspect it won't bother you either.  Sooner the better and the very best of luck.  So cold even in the South today - minus 1 degree in London but no snow.  Take care you and Pauline.  Best wishes.  Jane xx

Thank you Jane.

The appointment came in the post today.

I think it must be a cancellation because the consultant on November 17 said after Christmas.

I have to isolate after the nasal swab until the op.

Do you think after the op I will be able to mix on Christmas day Jane?.

Graham x.

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm begining to think it could be Mrs K. He did say that she had been in some pain for while, her back I think, but kept ignoring it. He said that she finally decided to have some tests done, and so he may not be posting as often.

We can only hope things are well with them both.x

No news is good news🤞

Avril

Hi guys hope you are all keeping safe and well and I'm having a quick catch up on 
the posts.  @grapau27, @Adawn47,   @Angel57 @Eddie99-Thanks for your concern
 about me . 
Avril's sixth sense is working spot on and it was Mrs K that was in a bad way .
The doctor had tested her for cancers and other nasty things but was clear  thank 
goodness and put her on pain killers thinking it was a nasty sprain . After being 
rushed into A&E and just about every scan you can have they spotted something 
and further scans found another problem as well. So she needed two operations 
and they have decided to do them both together at the same time . As Mrs K does 
not post on here all I will say they are "ladies operations" and leave it at that . 
I have spent time reassuring her that all will be fine and not to worry. which isn't easy
 in these covid times and I have spent my time trying to keeping her spirits up . 

Took her for the pre op test today before she goes in this Thursday for a couple of days .
After the operations She has to take things  easy for the next six weeks and fingers crossed

she will be fighting fit again . Then we can go get our booster jabs as her surgeon told us not

to do so until after her operation is complete as they could give her pre op covid test a false

positive . You all take care and keep safe.:classic_smile:

I will be doing  the same with my special lady ,Mrs K :classic_love: .Bye for now .

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1