P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

14 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

She was a singer and she cruises with us.  Has a voice to die for, just like Vera Lynn.  Britboys has heard it.  At 86 she shouldn't be able to sing like that but she can!

Was she on the 2017 world cruise on Aurora? If so she was on my table at dinner.

14 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Doors arrived at last, being fitted Tuesday, been a long wait since mid September, but hopefully hall will be warmer afterwards, it’s the coldest part of the house with front door facing north, the composite door has better thermal properties than the current 25 year old upvc door. 

I replaced my front door with a new composite one almost a year ago now. It has made a huge difference to the temperature in the hallway.

• Like 1

We are off tomorrow to Southampton and hopefully sailing Monday.  We are Cunard this time.

I hope you will behave while I'm gone!

To be honest we, and others on the same  trip, have been quite stressed with all the palaver of mounds of paperwork, and changes to tests etc.  Its been  quite bad with forms  online freezing or incomplete.  We also have to hope that when we get off (on 23rd), and go straight to a testing station,  that our results come through before Christmas Day when we go to my daughters.

We would not have been upset if it was cancelled and we could go when things are more settled.

I sound like moaning minnie, 😂but once we are on our way we  will enjoy ourselves, and forget the run up to it.

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 12

Indiana - have a lovely, non-dramatic, incident free cruise.  Tell us all about it when you get back

We had a pleasant morning but it’s come in all filthy drizzle now.  Mr Eddie has gone off to watch a local rugby match, but he was suitably clad, so should be fine.  I’ve written the Christmas cards

Well, my daughter has now tested positive for the C thing 🙄.  That’s 2 with and 2 currently negative in their house.  Sounds like their Christmas is likely to be “different”.  Poor things.  Granddaughter is feeling a bit better & fancying a Nando’s, daughter has no symptoms at the mo

Take care everyone.  Stay safe

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Indiana - have a lovely, non-dramatic, incident free cruise.  Tell us all about it when you get back

We had a pleasant morning but it’s come in all filthy drizzle now.  Mr Eddie has gone off to watch a local rugby match, but he was suitably clad, so should be fine.  I’ve written the Christmas cards

Well, my daughter has now tested positive for the C thing 🙄.  That’s 2 with and 2 currently negative in their house.  Sounds like their Christmas is likely to be “different”.  Poor things.  Granddaughter is feeling a bit better & fancying a Nando’s, daughter has no symptoms at the mo

Oh no. So sorry to hear your daughter positive. Hopefully it’ll be a mild dose and not the new variety.

Drizzly here too. Just back from walking dog and settling down for an evening of high brow tv (Strictly and I’m a Celebrity). 🍷🍷🍷

• Like 5

We've had drizzly weather all day although it's mild at 12oC.

Went out to Tesco's earlier for one or two bits. Did have an order booked for tomorrow but have cancelled it and booked a click and collect order for Tuesday when I will double discount😀 Wines are on offer at 25% off 6 bottles or more as well. Guess what's going to be in my shopping basket??😊

• Like 6

I've been quiet on this thread recently, but not elsewhere, as I'm sure a few will have noticed !

Funny times again and who knows what the immediate future holds ?  Anyway back to happier thoughts, we have a local Thai lady who cooks lovely food and her husband delivers, so it's a Thai feast later, yum yum  !

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I've been quiet on this thread recently, but not elsewhere, as I'm sure a few will have noticed !

Funny times again and who knows what the immediate future holds ?  Anyway back to happier thoughts, we have a local Thai lady who cooks lovely food and her husband delivers, so it's a Thai feast later, yum yum  !

Thai for us tonight too!!! Yum yum indeed!!

Have a nice evening everyone.

Michelle

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry to hear your daughter has Covid Eddie.

I hope she stays symptom free.

I hope your granddaughter is better very soon.

Take care of yourself Eddie.

Graham.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Sorry to hear this, hope they all feel better soon and have only mild symptoms.

My son has just recovered from Covid, just a few cold like symptoms. Other son & daughter in law both had it last Xmas when she was 37 weeks pregnant. He is a Dr and was working on Covid ICU at the time. 
Take care everyone and stay safe in these still strange times. I never thought we would still be living with Covid after it all came to light back in early 2020, just goes to show how easy our lives can change.
Michelle 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

I hope all your family recover soon and your Granddaughter enjoys her take away .

Our Granddad never liked chicken takeaways but Nan-does :classic_unsure:

All stay safe and take care :classic_love:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

11 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope all your family recover soon and your Granddaughter enjoys her take away .

Our Granddad never liked chicken takeaways but Nan-does :classic_unsure:

All stay safe and take care :classic_love:

Most middle Eastern countries don't have chicken takeaways, but Abu Dhabi do.  Come on Lewis.🏎️.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Most middle Eastern countries don't have chicken takeaways, but Abu Dhabi do.  Come on Lewis.🏎️.

There's one of those Dutch chip shops with the different sauces at Dubai airport.Didn't sell wallys though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Thai for us tonight too!!! Yum yum indeed!!

Have a nice evening everyone.

Michelle

Our favourite is Thai too, but tonight for us it was Prawns is Tomato and Ginger Sauce, or if you want to be posh, Hwang Chi Hsia Ren. Saturday night is always our Asian night😋.

Avril

• Like 2

Mixture of brightness and drizzly rain here too. Food shop in the New Town today and picked up dinner, which was a Tesco Finest Ham, Garlic Mushroom and Marscapone Pizza 😋. Had lunch out at my favourite 'greasy spoon' whilst in town. Got most of the rest of my Christmas Cards written this afternoon whilst half watching the rugby on tv. At least my no.1 footy team had a reasonable win (sorry AndyMichelle 😀) as the no.2 and no.3 teams both lost. Night in watching tv.

Had a stressful last few days as late on Wednesday evening I noticed some water on the hallway floor and looking up, damp patches on the ceiling. There are bathrooms on the two floors above but a quick check couldn't identify the source. Contacted my insurers first thing Thursday, who arranged an emergency plumber. He couldn't find anything either and suggested a Leak Detection expert. Spoke to insurers again who said they would arrange and said expert arrived yesterday afternoon with damp meters and thermal imaging equipment. Upshot is that the flush pipe between the cistern and toilet pan in my ensuite bathroom leaks water when flushed.

At least it has been identified and won't leak as long as I don't flush that loo. Thank goodness I have more than the one loo! I was due to be away with friends for a houseparty this weekend too but c'est la vie - it could have been a lot worse. Now just need to get the repair sorted and bits of redecorating done. Just as well I took out the Home Emergency optional extra when I bought my household insurance...

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Our favourite is Thai too, but tonight for us it was Prawns is Tomato and Ginger Sauce, or if you want to be posh, Hwang Chi Hsia Ren. Saturday night is always our Asian night😋.

Avril

We went posh too. McDonald's. Graham's photos tempted us to book pizza express tomorrow. After the race. Come on Lewis.

• Like 3