P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Years and Years was exceptional. But then, so is Russell T Davies, and I’m looking forward to his return to Doctor Who after the dross of the current writing team.

And please, please, please can they get back to the original idea and (sorry don't want to offend anyone) let it be a male doctor. We've not watched it since Peter Capaldi but enjoy all the reruns 🙂

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, kalos said:

Sometimes we all worry just like the time I couldn't remember if I had taken my 

anxiety tablet ..Mrs Kalos asked " Are you worried about it ?" :classic_unsure::classic_wacko::classic_smile:

If you weren't you knew you'd had it am guessing 😉

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

If you weren't you knew you'd had it am guessing 😉

I tend to worry about been bit  by dogs,cats, insects  , bit coins :classic_unsure:....

(Oh dear for some) :classic_mellow:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

And please, please, please can they get back to the original idea and (sorry don't want to offend anyone) let it be a male doctor. We've not watched it since Peter Capaldi but enjoy all the reruns 🙂

I remember watching the very first episode of Dr Who with William Hartnell, to me he was the  Doctor. I kept watching until Tom Baker took over the role from Jon Pertwee. After that I lost interest as I didn't like the 'Dr' that he portrayed.

Avril

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Sometimes we all worry just like the time I couldn't remember if I had taken my 

anxiety tablet ..Mrs Kalos asked " Are you worried about it ?" :classic_unsure::classic_wacko::classic_smile:

I sometimes worry that I'm not worrying enough, but then again how much worry is enough?🤔

If I worry too much then I get worried because I might be over worrying, and that could be a worry, so I try not to worry about it. 🥴😁

Avril

• Haha 5

an old Irish saying about worrying.

There are only two things in life to worry about: if you are well or if you are sick. If you are well, there is nothing to worry about.

If you are sick, there are only two things to worry about: if you will get better or if you will die. If you get better, there is nothing to worry about. 
If you die, there are only two things to worry about: if you will go to Heaven or if you will go to Hell. If you go to Heaven there is nothing to worry about. If you go to Hell, you will be too busy catching up with old friends that you won’t have time to worry.

So why worry?
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I remember watching the very first episode of Dr Who with William Hartnell, to me he was the  Doctor. I kept watching until Tom Baker took over the role from Jon Pertwee. After that I lost interest as I didn't like the 'Dr' that he portrayed.

Avril

My first dr was Jon Pertwee - just a little younger than you 🙂 🙂 

Loved the new Dr Who remakes though and loved Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant (ahhh), Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi (though he was let down by terrible writing and scripts for his amazing talent). Then we went to the next Dr and we haven't watched since. 

Have to say, we once visited Cardiff Dr Who exhibition and had the chance to visit the Tardis set --- met a REAL Weeping Angel and set foot IN the TARDIS. Happy days .... and yes, we are big kids at heart 🙂 🙂 

We are Trekkies too ................ and have met William Shatner and Walter Koenig ----- Star Trek convention to celebrate the 50th anniversary BUT we didn't wear a costume !!!!!!

😉

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

an old Irish saying about worrying.

There are only two things in life to worry about: if you are well or if you are sick. If you are well, there is nothing to worry about.

If you are sick, there are only two things to worry about: if you will get better or if you will die. If you get better, there is nothing to worry about. 
If you die, there are only two things to worry about: if you will go to Heaven or if you will go to Hell. If you go to Heaven there is nothing to worry about. If you go to Hell, you will be too busy catching up with old friends that you won’t have time to worry.

So why worry?

Love it😁

Worry free Avril

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Loved the new Dr Who remakes though and loved Christopher Eccleston, David Tennant (ahhh), Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi (though he was let down by terrible writing and scripts for his amazing talent). Then we went to the next Dr and we haven't watched since. 

Have to say, we once visited Cardiff Dr Who exhibition and had the chance to visit the Tardis set --- met a REAL Weeping Angel and set foot IN the TARDIS. Happy days .... and yes, we are big kids at heart 🙂 🙂 

We are Trekkies too ................ and have met William Shatner and Walter Koenig ----- Star Trek convention to celebrate the 50th anniversary BUT we didn't wear a costume !!!!!!

😉

I was 16 when Dr Who began, way back in 1963.

You should have worn a costume Presto, I'm sure you would have made a lovely Uhura.

Avril

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

You should have worn a costume Presto, I'm sure you would have made a lovely Uhura.

Avril

I was born just a month before Dr Who aired so we are the same age !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re wearing a costume from the Original Series ........... mmmmmm .... once upon a time perhaps, but I have inherited by dad's short, fat stumpy legs (not hairy as in Morecambe and Wise) so will stick to not wearing the 1960s uniforms for now ...... somethings are best left hidden !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😉 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

For any of you who might be interested (!), how about giving CYRDLE a go?

LOL, You had me there!  But I will recommend to a good friend of mine who is from Anglesey.  I’m on the look out for smart word games since I finally completed Alphabetty.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Presto2 said:

I have quite enjoyed Jodie Whitaker as The Doctor.

There are rumours that David Tennant may return to the role, that would be an interesting regeneration!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

😉

One of our grandchildren was in Dr Who with Peter Capaldi, he was very good with the young cast members in that episode spent a lot of time with them, giving advice. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I sometimes worry that I'm not worrying enough, but then again how much worry is enough?🤔

If I worry too much then I get worried because I might be over worrying, and that could be a worry, so I try not to worry about it. 🥴😁

Avril

You're worrying me now sis,bro.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I remember WH when he was Sergeant major Bullymore in the army game,lol.Those Daleks make me laugh,you were only in danger if you lived in a bungalow,bro.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I have quite enjoyed Jodie Whitaker as The Doctor.

There are rumours that David Tennant may return to the role, that would be an interesting regeneration!

I’ve no problems at all with Jodie Whittaker. Just the overcomplex, ludicrous scripts and the gang of 4/5 whatever replacing the Dr Who plus companion format. I think she’s been shafted by the writers, and I’ll be pleased to see the return of Russell T Davies.

Watched most episodes since that first one in 1963 - remember rushing home to watch it - and it’s gone through good and bad patches, but my wife’s keener on it now than I am.

Richard Ayoade is also a possible. He’d be good. Quirky is good. I’d cast Matt Lucas!

7 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I’ve no problems at all with Jodie Whittaker. Just the overcomplex, ludicrous scripts and the gang of 4/5 whatever replacing the Dr Who plus companion format. I think she’s been shafted by the writers, and I’ll be pleased to see the return of Russell T Davies.

Watched most episodes since that first one in 1963 - remember rushing home to watch it - and it’s gone through good and bad patches, but my wife’s keener on it now than I am.

Richard Ayoade is also a possible. He’d be good. Quirky is good. I’d cast Matt Lucas!

I like Matt Lucas, he would definitely be a quirky choice but, and I don't know why, I hate him presenting the Bake Off. 

Weather here today is just so grey again. However I have a very unexpected and puzzling visitor, my SIL. Suppose all will be revealed later.

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Something like this .... :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

garl.jpg.e862adf7aee91411ae52547fc40ec3d7.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

I think Richard Ayoade would be great.Love his travel programmes

2 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Times have changed,if a Dalek booked a cruise now he'd have to have a disabled cabin.How else would he get in the shower to wash his raygun.

Things have moved on - they can levitate and fly now, thanks to CGI!

Funniest I ever saw (side-splitting!) were Victor Lewis-Smith’s daleks on TV Offal. But I won’t link to that here because it’s absolutely inappropriate and unsuitable. 😇

• Haha 1

A fair day here weather wise, had a nice walk before breakfast.

To me Dr Who is what it is, I have always watched it and likely always will. A bit like Star Wars and Star Trek some are good some not so, plus we always watch the multitude of spin offs too. Whatever rings your bells.

• Like 2

• Host Anne locked and unlocked this topic