P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

11 hours ago, pete14 said:

Lovely sunset in Wales last night followed by bouts of heavy rain which seemed to start just as I had managed to drop off to sleep again. I don’t know why the pictures are upside down. Sorry, but you get the idea. Mind you, upside down, they look quite artistic and if painted could sell for millions, especially as they are not separated from each other.

990D610E-B556-4770-994C-620E50F69FE8.jpeg

F45C89A7-0A45-4910-8D40-61CF79D177F3.jpeg

We have some too from the 'cheaper seats' by the sea last night and was going to post but never got round to it😉

It really was stunning out there last night wasn't it -- it was like the sky was on fire.

Sadly 'Red sky at night' didn't work as its been miserable today eh !!!!

(Unless there was a red sky this morning giving us a warning and we missed it ...

BUT------------ quieter 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Have found our photos and hope they are the right way up ....

20220529_212015.jpg

20220529_212030.jpg

20220529_213050.jpg

Absolutely love the last picture it’s just the one I’m looking for for my bathroom wall . I love sunsets & sunrises and that’s perfect beauty.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Absolutely love the last picture it’s just the one I’m looking for for my bathroom wall . I love sunsets & sunrises and that’s perfect beauty.

Copyright Presto2 ... joke  TBH the camera didn't get it at its best. There was a verticle shaft of light from the sun when it set. ... awesome.  Hubby tried to get it in his posh camera but his battery went flat !

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Tbh there is one here I prefer but can't work out how to preview it

20220529_212331.jpg

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 3

42 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Cruising towards Iron gate on the Danube just as the sun is coming up 

IMG_20220531_043809_876.thumb.jpg.d26d9fa07510fe9a08be0dc6a0242063.jpg

Hope your enjoying your river cruise, I’ve always wondered where that rock with the face is , now I know thank you.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Hope your enjoying your river cruise, I’ve always wondered where that rock with the face is , now I know thank you.

Didn't know Brian Blessed was famous there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning. I can’t believe it’s the end of May already, it’s certainly been cool here the last couple of days. 

Going to a newly formed friends group this morning in St Annes for coffee then a bit of shopping this afternoon and the ever growing pile of ironing to tackle. Oh and dog walking to fit in as well.

The weather seems brighter this morning but it must have been raining really heavy during the night as hubby says the water level in the pond has risen so much the fish are nearly swimming on the grass. 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 7

Talking point locally overnight and this morning on local boards is yesterday’s 3.8 magnitude earthquake centred on Wem in Shropshire, quite a number of people felt it locally, saying it felt like a very heavy lorry going past shaking the house. I was outside never felt anything. 

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Talking point locally overnight and this morning on local boards is yesterday’s 3.8 magnitude earthquake centred on Wem in Shropshire, quite a number of people felt it locally, saying it felt like a very heavy lorry going past shaking the house. I was outside never felt anything. 

That's what my mrs says.

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

I recall my desk moving during a quake of that order, many moons ago.  Strange sensation

I like your smart kit SH - is it in response to the Britannia dress code thread?

Very showery day forecast here, so we’ll have to judge our walk time carefully.  I have Book Club this afternoon anyway.  Nothing more exciting than that happening, I’m afraid

Feel as though I have been awake all night. Seagulls  were squawking about 2 this morning, it was heavily and someone near us has rooster and that starting crowing, so gave up trying to sleep and got up. 

Have got a head start on the housework. Was sunny when I got up so put washing machine on, and typically it started raining again! The machine has  finished but not worth putting it on the line at present as there seems to be a lot of heavy showers around, but it is expected to clear up later.🤞

Today would have been Dad's birthday, so will call over as see Mum later, but nothing else planned.

Hope you all have a good day.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

It startled me. It did sound/feel like a lorry going past or a strong gust of wind where the house creeks a bit but I immediately thought that it could be an earthquake. We are about 20 miles from the epicentre here in Cheshire.

1 hour ago, Snow Hill said:

When I saw the news, I was going to ask if the earth moved for you, but obviously not🙂

Avril

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

If the tremors from it had reached Stoke yesterday evening I would have had an excuse for my appalling bowling. I enjoyed the game though because the lady I played against was someone I have known for almost 50 years due to us both working for the same company albeit in different departments until we retired.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Feel as though I have been awake all night. Seagulls  were squawking about 2 this morning, it was heavily and someone near us has rooster and that starting crowing, so gave up trying to sleep and got up. 

Have got a head start on the housework. Was sunny when I got up so put washing machine on, and typically it started raining again! The machine has  finished but not worth putting it on the line at present as there seems to be a lot of heavy showers around, but it is expected to clear up later.🤞

Today would have been Dad's birthday, so will call over as see Mum later, but nothing else planned.

Hope you all have a good day.

Sending you birthday wishes for your late dad Pam.

I hope your mam is okay today.

0E28A08F-12A8-48E8-A080-FF0DF318DC39.gif.3041fde9886fd59f1bdcb8aa942c2699.gif

• Thanks 1

Well just been into St Annes to M & S food hall and it is busy!! Nightmare !!

The whole town just seems busy, I know it’s half term and it’s a tourist town, I think I have forgotten how busy it can get as it’s been quiet the last two summers.

I have been trying to get amaretti biscuits because i am going to make the Queens Jubilee Trifle and can’t seem to get any. I will have to try Amazon as a last resort I think

Michelle

We had one remaining cruise booked on Iona for next March, carried forward from all the cancellations.

Even though the ship looks lovely, and I think I would have enjoyed all the different restaurants, neither of us felt particularly that we actually wanted to do the cruise - just couldn't get enthusiastic about the idea of it. It just doesn't seem to suit our requirements anymore

Therefore, we took action today. We've cancelled Iona, and lost our £200 deposit, and have booked a round Britain cruise on Saga's Spirit of Adventure for August 2023.

We've never been on Saga before, so we feel excited to try something new. Saga does look Expensive on first glance, but a lot of things are included.  It's nice to feel a bit of enthusiasm again regarding cruising. 

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Well just been into St Annes to M & S food hall and it is busy!! Nightmare !!

The whole town just seems busy, I know it’s half term and it’s a tourist town, I think I have forgotten how busy it can get as it’s been quiet the last two summers.

I have been trying to get amaretti biscuits because i am going to make the Queens Jubilee Trifle and can’t seem to get any. I will have to try Amazon as a last resort I think

Michelle

Have you tried Tesco I bought a pack in our Tesco yesterday.

Dermotsgirl - hope you will like Saga.  Best points are the door to door travel; pretty good food all included in several restaurants, with varying food styles; all drinks included, though the wines are all in the £6 a  bottle range and the spirits house ones. However, generously poured, and if you should like sherry they are really good ones.  I think these are the points where Saga is different from P and O - but obviously more expensive.  Oh, all cabins are outside with balconies.

• Like 1