Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

I think one problem at the moment is that often people would sooner not test to see if they have covid as it might spoil their plans etc if they only mild symptoms particularly as you have to pay for tests.Sometimes people genuinely think that because it's usually just like a cold it doesn't matter if others catch it.Unfortunately it seems to be another product of the ,Me, culture  

More worried about monkey pox. How many are walking around untested?. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lovely sunny day here today but I’m very busy watching Wimbledon 😁

snowhill I hope your wife doesn’t suffer to much with her cough and soon back on her feet and you stay clear off it .

 

Just a heads up especially to wowzz but I’ll expect he already knows, I’ve just had a email from princess and for one day only tomorrow you can book a 23/24 cruise for £1 deposit only. 😁

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Just a heads up especially to wowzz

Thanks - I did see that.

However,  Princess do tend to drop prices nearer  the date of the cruise, so will probably pass at the moment.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, wowzz said:

Thanks - I did see that.

However,  Princess do tend to drop prices nearer  the date of the cruise, so will probably pass at the moment.

After looking at the main cruise companies for the med next year, we have decided to wait and see if they start being realistic.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

More worried about monkey pox. How many are walking around untested?. 

Yeah,I'm getting worried,they sold out of bananas in our Sainsbury.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We went to a large family and friends party last Saturday week, 18th, and up until now 7 people have caught Covid. So far so good for my wife and I, we are anxious because we are cruising on Saturday. Negative today so just got to hope we are ok.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, zap99 said:

After looking at the main cruise companies for the med next year, we have decided to wait and see if they start being realistic.

Not sure why my original reply has disappeared. 

Totally  agree.

We have enjoyed our cruises over the last few months,  but feel cruised out. Our Azura March cruise is debateable,  and future cruise options are limited as Mrs W refuses to cruise on Arcadia again.

So, self catering options in Europe,  starting with Lanza in November,  and probably Denia in May. Will be nice not to be  woken by the couple in the next cabin opening and closing every drawer twice  at 7a.m. Just why .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not sure why my original reply has disappeared. 

Totally  agree.

We have enjoyed our cruises over the last few months,  but feel cruised out. Our Azura March cruise is debateable,  and future cruise options are limited as Mrs W refuses to cruise on Arcadia again.

So, self catering options in Europe,  starting with Lanza in November,  and probably Denia in May. Will be nice not to be  woken by the couple in the next cabin opening and closing every drawer twice  at 7a.m. Just why .

We had a good look around the main cruise companies. We quite fancy a Eastern Med, but sorting our own flights. Silly prices, so we will hold fire. Lots of air miles in the account, so looks like we may book a Med hotel and wait see what happens with cruise prices.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

We went to a large family and friends party last Saturday week, 18th, and up until now 7 people have caught Covid. So far so good for my wife and I, we are anxious because we are cruising on Saturday. Negative today so just got to hope we are ok.

Good luck. We go 2 weeks on Saturday. DW is out for lunch tomorrow with her friends. It was my turn this evening. From Wednesday semi isolation and a few tests before the proper one. Perhaps Celebrity will drop testing in the next couple of weeks.🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, zap99 said:

We had a good look around the main cruise companies. We quite fancy a Eastern Med, but sorting our own flights. Silly prices, so we will hold fire. Lots of air miles in the account, so looks like we may book a Med hotel and wait see what happens with cruise prices.


We’ve booked an Eastern Med cruise for late next year with RC on one of their smaller ships, which I like.  We will use RC for same-day flights into Athens and will arrange a one-way car rental in Ravenna, have a few days by Lake Garda and then a cheapo flight home from Milan Bergamo.  Doable, and the cruise is a good price.  I just hope the hire car will come down a bit by then but it has the makings of a nice holiday.

 

See you soon, or probably not 😄

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Good luck. We go 2 weeks on Saturday. DW is out for lunch tomorrow with her friends. It was my turn this evening. From Wednesday semi isolation and a few tests before the proper one. Perhaps Celebrity will drop testing in the next couple of weeks.🤔

Thanks and same to you. Feel fine ATM and will test again later today, then the test that counts on Thursday through Randox, who provide evidence that MSC require that you are negative.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, zap99 said:

Good luck. We go 2 weeks on Saturday. DW is out for lunch tomorrow with her friends. It was my turn this evening. From Wednesday semi isolation and a few tests before the proper one. Perhaps Celebrity will drop testing in the next couple of weeks.🤔


And I hope they don’t!  Given that we’re currently on Ventura, our risk sounds greater than yours, but I would still prefer to be denied boarding than potentially put others at risk if either of us were to be positive by then. As Harry and others point out, the risks from Covid are not the same for everyone.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:


We’ve booked an Eastern Med cruise for late next year with RC on one of their smaller ships, which I like.  We will use RC for same-day flights into Athens and will arrange a one-way car rental in Ravenna, have a few days by Lake Garda and then a cheapo flight home from Milan Bergamo.  Doable, and the cruise is a good price.  I just hope the hire car will come down a bit by then but it has the makings of a nice holiday.

 

See you soon, or probably not 😄

I spent a few days in Bergamo, unfortunately I was working, but the old town is stunning. We have looked at NCL from Athens , quite expensive at the moment. Our probable selection will be RC from Barcelona with a few days at the coast. We like the RC small ships...and the big ships. Azura from Malta may be ok as well.... decisions, decisions. Perhaps a couple🤔🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

Thanks and same to you. Feel fine ATM and will test again later today, then the test that counts on Thursday through Randox, who provide evidence that MSC require that you are negative.

We have the Randox tests ready, but will do the same as you. Free test before the Randox one as early as allowed. Shop up the road stocks them, so can always try a second one...or a third...£11 a pop .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mrsgoggins said:


And I hope they don’t!  Given that we’re currently on Ventura, our risk sounds greater than yours, but I would still prefer to be denied boarding than potentially put others at risk if either of us were to be positive by then. As Harry and others point out, the risks from Covid are not the same for everyone.

My sister and hubby arrived back from a 2 week Princess cruise to Norway on Saturday and have both tested positive since getting home. It is still out there and people are still becoming infected, despite precautions being put in place. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, pete14 said:

My sister and hubby arrived back from a 2 week Princess cruise to Norway on Saturday and have both tested positive since getting home. It is still out there and people are still becoming infected, despite precautions being put in place. 


Yes, you are hearing this more and more.  BUT the precautions this year are not the same as last, when we were fortunate enough to take 4 cruises and remain unaffected!  I still think that some precautions are better than none.

 

Last year mask wearing was compulsory indoors on board, distancing in theatres, lifts, excursions and dining, etc.  Now I realise that cruises need to get back to larger passenger numbers than last year, but some caution is better than none.  Last year on each cruise there were a few who tested positive, but that’s a far cry from what appears to be happening now with it being commonplace to read of families testing positive when they return home.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:


We’ve booked an Eastern Med cruise for late next year with RC on one of their smaller ships, which I like.  We will use RC for same-day flights into Athens and will arrange a one-way car rental in Ravenna, have a few days by Lake Garda and then a cheapo flight home from Milan Bergamo.  Doable, and the cruise is a good price.  I just hope the hire car will come down a bit by then but it has the makings of a nice holiday.

 

See you soon, or probably not 😄

Car hire prices in Italy have been thru the roof in the past few months.It's getting the same in the UK also.Hopefully it will change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hopefully it will change.

I don't think it will improve anytime soon. Car hire companies sold off cars during the pandemic, as they needed the cash. Now things are improving, they cannot easily replace these vehicles due to the massive waiting times for new cars.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Car hire prices in Italy have been thru the roof in the past few months.It's getting the same in the UK also.Hopefully it will change.

Same in Lanzarote in April. £100 for 2 days.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I don't think it will improve anytime soon. Car hire companies sold off cars during the pandemic, as they needed the cash. Now things are improving, they cannot easily replace these vehicles due to the massive waiting times for new cars.

The car hire Lady in Lanzarote said the same. Her boss had ordered 800 cars and had received confirmation for 30. Last October in Menorca ,no problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Same in Lanzarote in April. £100 for 2 days.

€430 for 21 days from Autoreisen for our forthcoming November stay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

€430 for 21 days from Autoreisen for our forthcoming November stay. 

That's a bargain. Several of the companies we tried wouldn't do advance bookings. Only on the day,at their office.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, zap99 said:

That's a bargain. Several of the companies we tried wouldn't do advance bookings. Only on the day,at their office.

Autoreisen are our "go to" hire company.  Reserve in advance, pay on collection of the car, and a relaxed attutude to fuel levels, the odd scratch etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Autoreisen are our "go to" hire company.  Reserve in advance, pay on collection of the car, and a relaxed attutude to fuel levels, the odd scratch etc.

I think we have used them in the past. I don't think they had an office open in CT when we were there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...