P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your kind words and support about my mobility scooter and it’s own “walkabout” adventure. Much appreciated 

Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing. At last it’s a cooler now to want to do something and we have had some rain.

Michelle

• Like 12

26 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all ok this morning.

I just wanted to say thank you everyone for your kind words and support about my mobility scooter and it’s own “walkabout” adventure. Much appreciated 

Have a nice day everyone whatever you are doing. At last it’s a cooler now to want to do something and we have had some rain.

Michelle

So delighted that your mobility scooter found it’s way home to you.

I hope your hospital appointment goes ok this morning.

• Like 4

On 8/14/2022 at 9:50 PM, Josy1953 said:

I have just received a phone call telling me that my cousin has passed away.  I saw her last week and was shocked to see how she had deteriorated health wise since I saw her the previous week. She was a year younger than me but we always talked about what we and my sisters used to do on Sundays at grandma's.  My favourite was sitting under  the table eating " toffee fishes" while the "grown ups" talked about "Grown-up things".

How are you doing Josy? Losing someone with such a long and loving link to our past is such a blow.

Gill x

• Like 4

Showers forecast for today and a pleasant 17C. 

Came in from work yesterday with a sore throat and headache plus feeling achy, so did a test - negative. So dosed my self up and had an early night, tested again this morning still negative🙂 so fingers crossed it's just a cold🤞

Hope everyone has a good day.

• Like 13

Good morning all.

It seems my small corner of Yorkshire is in for another rainless day, despite the forecasters' useless predictions. We have 23c temp and 47% chance of some rain this evening, but we shall see. Bill Foggitt did a better job watching nature around him . I still look to see if the frog spawn is at the edge of the pond or the centre, and the amount of berries on the trees and bushes for the birds over the winter.🙄😁 Strange how certain things stick in your mind isn't it?

Michelle, I'm pleased your scooter arrived home safely after its singles jaunt and that you can now get to your hospital appointment. Hope all goes well.

Purplesea, I hope you feel better soon and the tests stay negative. Take care.

Waiting for Asda to arrive and then not much planned, just the usual day to day jobs. I do lead an exciting life, I don't know how I cope😂

Have a good day everyone whatever you've got planned, and take care.

Avril

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Heaving wet here, all that is missing is Noah and the Arc, they could float along my patio.It’s just dreich. 

It is so miserable I have turned to comfort food and I’m making a large pot of ham end soup.I got ham bones at the local farm shop for the stock. Made a nice brown loaf  to go with it for lunch. Oh how exciting my life is!

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

Heaving wet here, all that is missing is Noah and the Arc, they could float along my patio.It’s just dreich. 

It is so miserable I have turned to comfort food and I’m making a large pot of ham end soup.I got ham bones at the local farm shop for the stock. Made a nice brown loaf  to go with it for lunch. Oh how exciting my life is!

Well... I feel like I'm waiting for Godot. Forecast is for thunderstorms, the rain-radar show us under a torrential deluge, the papers are full of apocalyptic rain, but all we've had is two minutes of light drizzel and it's too grey & damp to sit in the garden. I'm now just about to resort to a well known internet sales site to try and find a reliable bit if dried seaweed for an accurate forecast. 

• Like 2

Going to the dreaded dentist checkup this afternoon after putting it off for 2 years, I know that there will be work to be done. Until about 10 years ago I didn't mind going when the worst was a replacement filling but having 2 prolonged treatments of root canal and crowns on the back molars the whole experience was unpleasant. What doesn't help as well is that I've developed a bad gagging reflex which made my last visit to the dentist a rather alarming experience for me and him! I'm sure I'll get through it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

Well... I feel like I'm waiting for Godot. Forecast is for thunderstorms, the rain-radar show us under a torrential deluge, the papers are full of apocalyptic rain, but all we've had is two minutes of light drizzel and it's too grey & damp to sit in the garden. I'm now just about to resort to a well known internet sales site to try and find a reliable bit if dried seaweed for an accurate forecast. 

We must have got your rain as it has rained almost constantly since Sunday evening and we have had several sessions of thunder and lightening.

On Orkney they sell a weather forecasting stone on a string

Stone.                         Forecast

stone is wet.              It’s raining

stone is dry.               Not raining (will be soon)

stone casting shadow.  It’s sunny

white on top.             It’s snowing

cant see the stone.  It’s foggy

stone swinging.       It’s windy

stone gone.              Very windy

• Like 3
  • Haha 12

44 minutes ago, lincslady said:

Brian - lovely scenery, lovely family.

Is it any hotter there than here (about 28 today).   Still sunny here in Lincs., but hopefully some rain on the way, preferably quietly overnight.

Thanks,it's a constant high 30s here and probably will be till the end of September,Brian.

Overcast and 24 C here, had some very short showers yesterday, not heavy, so not made any difference here, we are due some rain overnight tonight. To be fair, local forecast did say showers could be hit and miss, a volunteer colleague who lives 15 miles away from me had some heavy rain yesterday. 

Chatting with a friend who has retired from Environment Agency, he said the unpredictability of these heavy downpours makes it difficult for forecasters to predict exactly where they will fall in the next 12 to 24 hours, which is why it is a good idea to keep in eye on local forecasts which cover the next couple of hours or so as they can be more accurate. He said what we have experienced this year so far is going to happened more often in coming years and we will need to adjust.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Chatting with a friend who has retired from Environment Agency, he said the unpredictability of these heavy downpours makes it difficult for forecasters to predict exactly where they will fall in the next 12 to 24 hours, which is why it is a good idea to keep in eye on local forecasts which cover the next couple of hours or so as they can be more accurate. He said what we have experienced this year so far is going to happened more often in coming years and we will need to adjust.

I can see the problem now - the unpredictability must make it very difficult to predict.:classic_wacko:

• Haha 8