Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

59 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well miller and carter was packed. 
 

talked to the waitress and there were 209 people booked in for lunch. Double the usual amount 

Ours was quite busy, but not too bad. The garlic mushrooms that I had should help social distancing. DW is staying away from me at the moment🤔.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Oh dear.😞 What began at 10.45  this morning as the removal of a microwave from a cupboard that Frank said would be , and I quote " a ten minute job", has now morphed into the complete removal of four cupboards "because it would be easier that way" so he said, I'll believe him, he is a joiner after all. I also have a partially  redecorated kitchen and cupboard contents scattered over every available surface.

 It'll look a lot better tomorrow with the new microwave in. I hope😣 Help!!!!!

Avril 

Deepest sympathy, Avril. I expect by tomorrow the whole house will be scattered all over Yorkshire.😂

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Went to skeg vegas. Took the daughter to the aquarium. Inside the aquarium social distance and masks were adhered too. However outside general walking up and down the streets limited to none social distancing going on. Plenty of room on the beach though

How do they get the masks to stay on the fish ?. No ears to clip them on.

 

Puzzled of Woking

😂

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Vampiress88 said:

Well miller and carter was packed. 
 

talked to the waitress and there were 209 people booked in for lunch. Double the usual amount 

Lucky you fully booked we’re we live all 3 close to us

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well we have been up the Great Orme in Llandudno today and everyone was very sensible. Walked in Colwyn Bay yesterday and people stood aside to let one another pass at a distance or went the long way round. There probably will be some being idiots but on the whole everyone is doing a good job of respecting everyone else. PS It has been beautiful here ... so pleased for the Welsh tourist industry as everyone needs it at the minute. The scenery was absolutely stunning too ...again have to say that we won't take it for granted in future. 

20200803_141008.jpg

20200803_140435.jpg

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As expected it was a strange weekend here in Silverstone. No crowds, roads and footpath closed. In theory we, as locals, should have been able to still use some of the footpaths that skirt the circuit but didn't push our luck and went on walks in nearby Hazelborough wood and Bucknell wood instead.

Did skirt a part of the circuit today. Quite a few caravans around without cars. Not sure if they were marshals or what. 

Come Friday we go through the whole thing again with the 70th anniversary GP.

No supporting races this time, just the F1 cars. Can't expect to see it being quite as dramatic as yesterday with all the tyre blowouts. Forecast is hot again which won't suit the Mercs so could be a tight race.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hope all of you eating out enjoy your meals.

 

I am a bit confused about what I can do as a solo household. I am in a bubble with some family and I know I can eat out with them.

 

If I meet a friend though, even if our table is correctly 1 metre or more from other tables, I’m not sure we can be 1 metre from each other. It’s possible in gardens as everyone can easily sit back and keep 2 metres, but I can’t see how it will work at a restaurant table where you will be so close to your dinner companion as to be almost touching. And obviously you won’t be wearing a mask.  Or am I overthinking it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoFlyGuy said:

As expected it was a strange weekend here in Silverstone. No crowds, roads and footpath closed. In theory we, as locals, should have been able to still use some of the footpaths that skirt the circuit but didn't push our luck and went on walks in nearby Hazelborough wood and Bucknell wood instead.

Did skirt a part of the circuit today. Quite a few caravans around without cars. Not sure if they were marshals or what. 

Come Friday we go through the whole thing again with the 70th anniversary GP.

No supporting races this time, just the F1 cars. Can't expect to see it being quite as dramatic as yesterday with all the tyre blowouts. Forecast is hot again which won't suit the Mercs so could be a tight race.

When you look at all the empty stands, seems a shame. Surely they could fit a few thousand in. Give free tickets to the locals to make up for all the normal inconvenience. Come on Lewis ( and Lando ,got to support Woking ).😁😁

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, gadabout60 said:

Hope all of you eating out enjoy your meals.

 

I am a bit confused about what I can do as a solo household. I am in a bubble with some family and I know I can eat out with them.

 

If I meet a friend though, even if our table is correctly 1 metre or more from other tables, I’m not sure we can be 1 metre from each other. It’s possible in gardens as everyone can easily sit back and keep 2 metres, but I can’t see how it will work at a restaurant table where you will be so close to your dinner companion as to be almost touching. And obviously you won’t be wearing a mask.  Or am I overthinking it?

I have met several (different) friends for coffee at our local cafe.Fortunately they have outside tables but they have also removed some chairs so you are not seated as close as you would normally be.They have also removed quite a few tables from inside .Even so , as you state, it is difficult to be seated 1 metre away from a friend but I feel happy to sit reasonably spaced out but wouldn t want to sit in a restaurant that was crowded with people.I have taken advantage of the government's Eat out to Help out scheme having lunch with one friend today and another tomorrow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

First time in 141 Days, we went for a 20 minute drive around the local village lanes.

We ended up at our local petrol station to fill up!

Not exciting, but masked and gloved up and waited till the shop was empty.

It was a big step for us after all this time.

Happy that I have diesel which may give us a few more options.

Did not feel normal!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

First time in 141 Days, we went for a 20 minute drive around the local village lanes.

We ended up at our local petrol station to fill up!

Not exciting, but masked and gloved up and waited till the shop was empty.

It was a big step for us after all this time.

Happy that I have diesel which may give us a few more options.

Did not feel normal!

Glad you got out Mercury, even if it was only for fuel. 

We sat in a local pub garden for lunch on Saturday, it was the first time Michelle had been near others since February, but we have been walking some days. 

The nice thing was they were strictly enforcing the guidelines, no shared tables for more than 2 households, sanitiser everywhere, the staff were wearing masks constantly and everything was as contact less as possible. 

It was all a bit surreal, but enjoyable. 

Andy 

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

First time in 141 Days, we went for a 20 minute drive around the local village lanes.

We ended up at our local petrol station to fill up!

Not exciting, but masked and gloved up and waited till the shop was empty.

It was a big step for us after all this time.

Happy that I have diesel which may give us a few more options.

Did not feel normal!

Mercury, glad you got out.

I know that it's a but late now,  but I hope that over the last 141 days you took your car out at least two or three times, and got the oil up to temperature,  put the air conditioning on at full blast  etc. Leaving a car idle for the best part of 6 months can cause all sorts of issues. I fully appreciate that your health is much more important than anything else, but a 15 minute drive once a month is virtually risk free.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Had a shock yesterday, collected a repeat prescription and popped into Costa for a coffee. Medium Cappo and a ginger biccie. Half price the young lady said. . Wow, the taxpayer is subsidising my caffeine hit. Sat outside and watched the world go by🙂

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, mercury7289 said:

First time in 141 Days, we went for a 20 minute drive around the local village lanes.

We ended up at our local petrol station to fill up!

Not exciting, but masked and gloved up and waited till the shop was empty.

It was a big step for us after all this time.

Happy that I have diesel which may give us a few more options.

Did not feel normal!

 

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Glad you got out Mercury, even if it was only for fuel. 

We sat in a local pub garden for lunch on Saturday, it was the first time Michelle had been near others since February, but we have been walking some days. 

The nice thing was they were strictly enforcing the guidelines, no shared tables for more than 2 households, sanitiser everywhere, the staff were wearing masks constantly and everything was as contact less as possible. 

It was all a bit surreal, but enjoyable. 

Andy 

Glad to hear you fledged the nest so to speak Mercury and glad to hear likewise with Andy's Michelle.

I had the same feelings last week after stepping past our garden gate for the first time this year.

We went to a local landmark that has nice views and we found a pleasant hidden garden that we

had to ourselves,which I posted on here.

The other one we have done is go to one of our Country parks where we can park close to the waterside,

staying in the car, people watching,who are sailing or feeding the ducks. The car is acting as a barrier/screen

so we feel more relaxed. Maybe if you have a similar venue you could possibly do the same sometime.

I must push myself to do it again this week ,as said it does feel strange to be away from the home.

I do understand Mercury  how you and Andy's Michelle were feeling going out, not easy but we all did it.

Take care and hope you all have a pleasant next time out .:classic_smile:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I know you're reasonably local to me so if you're in Parkwood, Rainham, I apologise that might be my husband  banging and drilling! 😬


😂You’re ok, we’re not far away though - Twydall! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...