P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just now, Vampiress88 said:

which one did you get it from kalos 

we always used to go to zacs as kids

The SEA FISH at Conisbrough ,we don't mind a bit of a travel if they are good.

Eating in is good as well you get a nice view of the castle. Which the novel Ivanhoe was based on .

Nearer to home we like the Wickersley chippie.

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Eating in is good as well you get a nice view of the castle. Which the novel Ivanhoe was based on .

If you eat in on Monday - Wednesday you can have Rishi's chips. I bet you haddock had a meal there yet.🐬

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

never actually been to that one. 

went at Christmas to that wickersley one and sat upstairs. My gran took me. 

nearly fell of my seat with the price though!

3 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

We are looking at Warner for a December break as we won't be going on Aurora... 

Just cautious as not sure how restricting it is likely to be. 

Cricket St Thomas or Holme Lacy? 

Andy 

I love Cricket St Thomas but I don't think it has the wildlife park any more. Doesn't matter really as it's too far for us to travel these days. We will probably go to Nidd Hall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

We were there for a couple of nights about the same time as you. It all had an atmosphere a bit like the lull before the storm. Maybe go towards the end of the year. Maybe.

Yes, it was definitely a heightened atmosphere.  

We went to Sinah Warren a couple of years ago. I like it at Warner’s, as it’s a little bit like a cruise, what with the entertainment programme. 

Going forward, I think we will be doing more short U.K. breaks. We aren’t making any bookings just yet, just waiting to see what happens next. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, happy v said:

I love Cricket St Thomas but I don't think it has the wildlife park any more. Doesn't matter really as it's too far for us to travel these days. We will probably go to Nidd Hall.

No wildlife park and blobby land went bust😂

12 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Lovely part of the country though. And plenty of places within easy reach of Ilminster. 

When they kick you out on the day of departure, not too far to divert down to Dorset on the way home.

Evening all. Dreading the exceptional heat due tomorrow here. My son's old bedroom that I use as my office faces South, it’s ok in the mornings but on Fridays I work 1-6pm, I’m dreading it! Why are the really hot days on Friday??

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Evening all. Dreading the exceptional heat due tomorrow here. My son's old bedroom that I use as my office faces South, it’s ok in the mornings but on Fridays I work 1-6pm, I’m dreading it! Why are the really hot days on Friday??

FRY DAY

😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

Hee hee, we have just cancelled our trip to Scotland as well.  Just decided it wasn't necessary and the hotels are giving breakfast in paper bags, so that was not what I had in mind.

How do they get 2 eggs,bacon,square saus,black pud,toms and beans in a paper bag.

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Not here 😕 At the moment it's overcast,  damp and cool.

Avril  

Blue skies and sunshine here but I’m dreading the heat. I love sun and warmth but over 28 degrees in this country is awful! All cool in my house at the moment, might just stay inside so I don’t get too hot when I start my shift at 1pm. At least working from home I can wear my shorts!

Edited by P&O SUE

There was a time I loved the heat, but as I've become older, no longer. 19/20° max and a light breeze is perfect now for me. That's why we cruise no earlier than October. 

Avril 

Edited by Adawn47

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

There was a time I loved the heat, but as I've become older, no longer. 19/20° max and a light breeze is perfect now for me. That's why we cruise no earlier than October. 

Avril 

Well you sure won't cruise before October this year.🚢

It’s a hot one!  Early walk today, methinks, then continue watching England’s (thus far) miserable progress in the cricket

but

tonight

(well, 5pm)

we’re eating out, almost normally, at Zizzi.  🥳
Not something I would normally go overboard about, not my favourite chain eaterie but our local one has a terrace, so fits our new-normal criteria.  

We last ate out in the evening in the second week of March, 5 months ago.  How I’ve missed it; it had become a regular small indulgence.  We must grab the opportunity whilst it’s there - won’t be able to eat outside if it’s pouring rain or minus 5C

Hope everyone finds a small delight in their day

• Like 5

You couldn't really write this.  Large 18m motor boat enters the harbour and telephones the office to ask where to moor.  Unable to use the radio as doesn't know how!!  Also, didn't understand that they needed fenders to hang on the sides?!!  Dear God, this boat would have cost hundreds of thousands.  I give up!  Didn't understand the word starboard.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

You couldn't really write this.  Large 18m motor boat enters the harbour and telephones the office to ask where to moor.  Unable to use the radio as doesn't know how!!  Also, didn't understand that they needed fenders to hang on the sides?!!  Dear God, this boat would have cost hundreds of thousands.  I give up!  Didn't understand the word starboard.

Apologies, Jean.  Saw all the reports about Salcombe, had some lockdown money saved up, hired the boat for the weekend, just dropping in for a coffee.

On the way to Rock next.........😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 4