P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Host Sharon. Do you think you could keep a thread like this open even when things get back to normal?

It has been extremely popular and gives a place to be “off topic”.

I think a lot of posters have really valued the chance to get to know each other so much better.

I know that the pub is available but this P&O group has become cohesive and I think others would value this continuing as well.

What do others think?

A wonderful idea. We often go off topic and I know it's frowned upon, but to have a thread for  just general chat, fun and advice would be lovely. Our own little  refuge.

Avril

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Host Sharon. Do you think you could keep a thread like this open even when things get back to normal?

It has been extremely popular and gives a place to be “off topic”.

I think a lot of posters have really valued the chance to get to know each other so much better.

I know that the pub is available but this P&O group has become cohesive and I think others would value this continuing as well.

What do others think?

Have to agree as well, and I think it works better than the pub just because it is almost entirely P&O,  or at least UK cruisers, giving us much more in common.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, AnnieC said:

How are you feeling now, Avril? 

Much better thank you Annie. I've had a lazy day and a  nice plate of comfort food for dinner. Back to normal now, or as normal as possible🙃 Just relaxing and listening to a little saxophone .drinking a coffee with a small glass of Tia Maria. It will be an early night for me.🥱

Avril

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

I’ve just had an email from the cottage owner with lots of details About the place and also a document about local services that you’d find in a book normally in the cottage. Now it’s emailed due to Covid. We were planning to eat in quite a lot but I had been looking online and the first restaurant he’s recommended is the one I was thinking of booking for hubby’s birthday! 
I think I might actually have to think about packing now 😊

That sounds promising, It's really helpful to have some local advice about the best places to go at the moment. Our apartment owner has done the same.

I must admit I am keeping an eye on availability at the caravan park up the road from the apartment just in case we have to book one last minute for my daughter, son in law and Grandson if things change. 

I have had words with Grandson and told him they'll be moving to a caravan if he keeps waking up at 4am but he's only 6 months old and just laughed at me and blew a raspberry 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Good point John. 

I get a bit lost in the pub, so don't tend to bother. 

Andy 

I used to go over when kalos was posting his jokes and tried to start a thread about general chat etc but it fizzled out after a few pages. The topics on there are old and no-one does much posting.Vamps tried to start a thread too but the same thing happened with hers. To be honest after kalos left it was, dare I say, boring.🤫

Avril

PS where is Vamps by the way?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I used to go over when kalos was posting his jokes and tried to start a thread about general chat etc but it fizzled out after a few pages. The topics on there are old and no-one does much posting.Vamps tried to start a thread too but the same thing happened with hers. To be honest after kalos left it was, dare I say, boring.🤫

Avril

PS where is Vamps by the way?

Yes where is Vamps and Selbourne?.

Hopefully they are both well.

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Good point John. 

I get a bit lost in the pub, so don't tend to bother. 

Andy 

To be fair Andy I did have virtual entry & exit signs fitted.It's that virtual beer ,stronger than you think:classic_unsure:

Talking of virtual pubs ....   “Hello bartender”

“Good evening sir”
“Bartender, what’s the wi-fi password, please ?”
Bartender “you’ll have to buy a round of drinks first”

“OK, two single malts and three pints of Carlsberg”
“There you go sir, £17.20 please”
Customer hands over £20 note, then says 
“Keep the change, now what is the password please ?”

Bartender “thank you sir, as for the password  ....

"you’ll have to buy a round of drinks first’....all lower case and no spaces” :classic_wacko::classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We knew Selbourne was having a break for a while, I hope he's still looking in though and starts to post again. It's strange not see his name and also Daib's flag. I hope Vamps is just busy.

Avril

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We knew Selbourne was having a break for a while, I hope he's still looking in though and starts to post again. It's strange not see his name and also Daib's flag. I hope Vamps is just busy.

Avril

Do you ever get the feeling that lots of eyes are looking at you from behind twitchy curtains?🙂😎😁

Only joking, it's nice to have people concerned about each other.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Do you ever get the feeling that lots of eyes are looking at you from behind twitchy curtains?🙂😎😁

Only when I'm wearing my speedos in the back garden but that's another story .:classic_unsure:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Only joking, it's nice to have people concerned about each other.

Until your edit you had me puzzled. It's natural in this climate to worry when regular posters disappear. I'd do the same for you John😉

Avril

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I have dipped in and out a bit recently and sometimes it's hard to just drop back in as the thread moves so fast and you lose track. 

It was Richard and Judy's book club a little while ago and then what to do with too many tomatoes??? 😊

I'm sure they will pop back when they are ready, they will know we are thinking about them. 

Andy 

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well I can hear my bed calling, so it's up the wooden hill for me. I hope we all have better nights sleep and a better day tomorrow. Goodnight all. Sleep well.🥱

Avril

Good night Avril and hope you sleep better tonight .:classic_smile:

I just don't understand why people cannot sleep ,I can do it with my eyes closed :classic_wink:

Sleep well :classic_smile:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I just don't understand why people cannot sleep ,I can do it with my eyes closed :classic_wink:

A good nights sleep...such a distant dream!!!!

My head hits the pillow and my brain says  WAKE UP🙃 🤥

I can lay there for hours.  Sometimes I go to bed at about five am after watching tv and doing jigsaws.. At the moment the spiders are out (eeeeek) so I have to get into bed early and turn out the lights and get under the duvet, so its even worse for me for another week or two.

Silly but I cant help it.😀

• Like 3

12 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Definitely, it’s nearer Tunbridge Wells but not far. Lots of lovely NT places near Sevenoaks. I did fancy Chartwell today but the weather looked slightly better Tunbridge way.

We went to Chartwell 2 years ago,it was nearer,also Knole house and park is opposite her house.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

Good morning all. Anyone out there awake?

It’s a cold morning here, the central is blasting away. I don’t mind the fresh cold autumn days, better than drizzle.

Have a good day all.

Yep, looks like it's just us two (Brian doesn't count as he's an hour ahead of the rest of us🤣).

Lazy lot!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Anybody tried the coronavirus app yet? I won't because although I have a smartphone it does not have a SIM in it and my reading on the app indicated you have to be 'live' with a phone network because the app uses the tower locations to calculate where you are?. I do have a mobile phone but it is not smart, just a simple Doro 'pensioner proof' phone that makes and receives calls and texts just fine, IT has BIG buttons for old fingers not little touch screen areas

16 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Anybody tried the coronavirus app yet? I won't because although I have a smartphone it does not have a SIM in it and my reading on the app indicated you have to be 'live' with a phone network because the app uses the tower locations to calculate where you are?. I do have a mobile phone but it is not smart, just a simple Doro 'pensioner proof' phone that makes and receives calls and texts just fine, IT has BIG buttons for old fingers not little touch screen areas

I was trying the new feature on the iPhone concerning the Corona virus but I have no idea how it works and how it applies to the privacy of the information. What if you dont want to share your information about your diseases with people around you? This app works under the same algorithm I suppose 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, davecttr said:

My son and I both downloaded it this morning. If you allow it to use your location it searches for local data.

I will keep it on my phone but I think if not read properly it may cause a little unnecessary panic. It tells you the risk level for your area but 'your area' is listed as 'your local authority or a neighbouring authority' so for example someone in Medway could be told they are at amber level due to high or rising numbers but that could actually be Medway or Maidstone, Gravesham, Swale, or Tonbridge and Malling etc.

• Like 2