P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Just now, terrierjohn said:

You would need to persuade the 2 authorities concerned that one would need to cede control to the other, I suspect the question has been asked repeatedly but remains unresolved.

Agreed John  and you would think under the current circumstances the two councils would pull together .

Then again ... :classic_unsure:  That could be too hard for them .

I note W- yorks are staying T2 at the moment     .... Stay safe :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Good morning folks ,hope you are all well .:classic_smile:

I suppose that's put an end to Bonfire party's and Children running up peoples 

paths this Halloween but with a bit of luck we may get lifted back out of lockdown before Christmas .

Some in our area will moan saying " our area isn't that bad , why me ? "  All I can say is .....

" Forget the ME and remember the WE "  The sooner we work together the sooner we can get out

of this lockdown , again ...  Stay safe folks :classic_smile:

I can’t understand why the powers that be haven’t actually issued strong advice against celebrating Halloween and banned the sale of fireworks (which are already being used). Bearing in mind what people have already been through in differing degrees, no Halloween or bonfire night would not be great sacrifice and for many a blessing. 

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I can’t understand why the powers that be haven’t actually issued strong advice against celebrating Halloween and banned the sale of fireworks (which are already being used). Bearing in mind what people have already been through in differing degrees, no Halloween or bonfire night would not be great sacrifice and for many a blessing. 

I bought our halloween Mars bite size packet as usual, but hopefully they will all be left for me to scoff.😊

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Many of the organised bonfire displays have been cancelled round here but I fear that will mean more garden displays. My poor dog shakes and is so scared of the noise etc.

I’d like to see those sold for personal use being banned or at least only allowed on 31st Oct, 5th November and 31st Dec - but I’m probably being a grumpy old woman!! 

6 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Was sunny and a bit windy here too yesterday. After my stint at my work desk I went for a walk around my local roads. I was very warm when I got back!

Our grandson is 2 today so going round there later with our presents.

Happy 2nd birthday to your grandson Sue.

Graham.

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I bought our halloween Mars bite size packet as usual, but hopefully they will all be left for me to scoff.😊

Well Done that man !   Making good out of a bad situation :classic_smile:

Maybe a warning sign on your door  " Please stay 2M back due to covid restrictions "  should do the trick :classic_wink:

50 minutes ago, kalos said:

Well Done that man !   Making good out of a bad situation :classic_smile:

Maybe a warning sign on your door  " Please stay 2M back due to covid restrictions "  should do the trick :classic_wink:

Or preferably 20 metres just in case.

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

We were standing on the bridge in the photo 2 weeks ago as part of our holiday in Whitby

A local guy has took up filming coastal areas amongst others areas.

This was filmed in August   hope it brings back nice memories Ann :classic_smile:    Staithes    :classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

A local guy has took up filming coastal areas amongst others areas.

This was filmed in August   hope it brings back nice memories Ann :classic_smile:    Staithes    :classic_smile:

Thank you.It is a lovely village.It seemed odd to see people in the video in shorts.When we were there a fortnight ago it was cold and windy!

Afer the excitement of my 60th birthday last week and all the lovelysurprises my husband arranged, we've just had our back-to-back Caribbean/repositioning cruise(s) cancelled for next March so feeling prety glum. 

Possibly due to my work, I'm a bit of a conservative dresser, but I had bought an uncharacteristically pair of bright Caibbean print trousers in preparation, highly unsuitable for wearing anywhere else - so they mean we will HAVE to re-book.

I could, of course wear them in the High Street and welcome Jean to Worcester!

Edited by Cruiserjules
spelling
11 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

Afer the excitement of my 60th birthday last week and all the lovelysurprises my husband arranged, we've just had our back-to-back Caribbean/repositioning cruise(s) cancelled for next March so feeling prety glum. 

Possibly due to my work, I'm a bit of a conservative dresser, but I had bought an uncharacteristically pair of bright Caibbean print trousers in preparation, highly unsuitable for wearing anywhere else - so they mean we will HAVE to re-book.

I could, of course wear them in the High Street and welcome Jean to Worcester!

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.

Shame about your cruise but probably for the best and maybe January, February or March 2022 would be an ideal time in the Caribbean.

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday.

Shame about your cruise but probably for the best and maybe January, February or March 2022 would be an ideal time in the Caribbean.

Yes, but it seems such a long way away, and we had the perfect cabin....ah well, better to be safe.

We had a lovel ylocal  meet up with our cruise friends on Monday, passing through on their way back up north and they gave us the video discs of our shared October 2018 cruise on Britannia, so that's Friday night's viewing sorted.

53 minutes ago, Cruiserjules said:

bright Caibbean print trousers

If they are a 34" waist, I could take them off your hands for when I go for a fish and chip lunch in Cleethorpes.  Might be a bit too stylish though😀!

It’s a beautiful day here on the South Coast.  Warm and sunny.

We saw at least 4, probably 6 cruise ships anchored but they were too far away to get a decent pic on the phone.

Here’s an unexciting pic of me and Hattie in the sunshine.  It was too hot in my jacket but I didn’t have enough hands to cope with pup, 30’ training lead and a coat, so I just sweltered!

E022E62E-E911-4A04-B976-3D6C50CC6B09.jpeg

22 hours ago, pete14 said:

Have to say we love bonfire night and usually still have fireworks at the back in our own garden. (We have fields behind so its quite open). Have to say, this year I feel like I need something to look forward to - even just a few sparklers may help. Am guessing that people may go completely OTT with the Christmas decorations on the outside of their houses too, but I wuldn;t blame them. We all need something to 'life' the mood at the moment.

A beautiful Autumn day here in Stoke on Trent. The garden looks really nice as the Autumn colours are starting to appear. Half term here now and it feels odd that we aren't going anywhere 😞 Normally in the past we have gone up to Blackpool for 3 / 4 days for the lights and stayed at The Imperial but there is no chance this year & he caravan is out because of the Welsh lockdown. We were thinking of going to Cheshire Oaks shopping but the rate is pretty high there so we are not keen. Have booked a day at Tatton Park for my birthday next week, so hoping for good weather and that the place stays open ! Off for a walk to our local park tomorrow so will take some pics as the Autumn colours are looking stunning. 

If nothing else we are having an enforced rest !

Quite a cool day in Harrogate where we have come for a trip out today.

First picture is the famous Betty's

The other 2 photos are either side of the main town street 

IMG_20201022_130246.jpg

IMG_20201022_132220.jpg

IMG_20201022_132237.jpg

Edited by grapau27

I have just heard on the news that Stoke on Trent is going to Covid level 2 tomorrow, apparently our council leader has asked Matt Hancock to put us into level 2 because she is worried about spiking numbers locally.  This will not greatly affect us because other than shopping and our daily walk we are staying at home. In some ways I think it is good to try to keep the numbers down but for people who are already struggling it will only make things worse for them. 

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Quite a cool day in Harrogate where we have come for a trip out today.

First picture is the famous Betty's

The other 2 photos are either side of the main town street 

IMG_20201022_130246.jpg

IMG_20201022_132220.jpg

IMG_20201022_132237.jpg

Blimey Graham, that looks very, very quiet!

(I bought my first ever house in Harrogate, back around 1977)

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Blimey Graham, that looks very, very quiet!

(I bought my first ever house in Harrogate, back around 1977)

It is very quiet today Wowzz although there is a big queue around Betty's.

We had lunch at the White Hart Hotel and now Pauline is looking in the shops.

Edited by grapau27
45 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have just heard on the news that Stoke on Trent is going to Covid level 2 tomorrow, apparently our council leader has asked Matt Hancock to put us into level 2 because she is worried about spiking numbers locally.  This will not greatly affect us because other than shopping and our daily walk we are staying at home. In some ways I think it is good to try to keep the numbers down but for people who are already struggling it will only make things worse for them. 

I noticed that as well. It shouldn’t affect me very much either as, apart from walking the dog, I haven’t been going to many places. I just hope everybody actually respects the seriousness of the situation and does all required of them. They can impose as many restrictions as they like but if people ignore them (people of all ages), we will be stuck on this situation for much longer. It amazes me that so many supposedly intelligent people can think it is acceptable to behave so stupidly. 

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It amazes me that so many supposedly intelligent people can think it is acceptable to behave so stupidly. 

Say no more :classic_unsure:

Woman in T3    Best send Avril round to sort her out :classic_wink:

Edited by kalos
7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think it might have been in Barnsley, so Avril may know her.

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think she is absolutely correct. 

Strange that the government is burying the report stating that local lockdowns will lead eventually to more deaths that would have been caused by CV19.  I'll try and find the link.