P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

18 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

So pleased your daughter’s result was negative Avril, I agree it seems worse this lockdown, perhaps because we haven’t got the nice weather this time.

Best wishes to you all Josy, it’s so hard. Keep fighting Graham.

I’m having a strange lockdown birthday today. John and I have had a nice walk and I’ve had a long phone call with my sister. Best of all though our son bought our grandson to our gate for some waves and giggles. Bless him I’m sure he thought it odd he wasn’t coming in! My mum also had her lump removed from her face first thing at a local clinic, in and out in half hour so that’s a relief.

Happy birthday yesterday Sue.

Sorry I missed it.

Pleased your mam had her treatment and hopefully it is very successful.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Hardly Italy’s responsibility though - blame the fraudulent importers.

I was by no means apportioning blame. Just pointing out that if you buy "Italian" olive oil, which normally commands a price premium,  you may actually be buying Spanish oil.  

3 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Nice to hear from you Graham.  How are you this morning, and how’s Pauline?

Thanks Harry.

I had to get changed during the night as I woke with my pyjama top damp.Strangely this virus only seems to overheat my head arms and chest.

We are both fine this morning and I have eaten breakfast.

After getting washed I stood on the bathroom scales and i have lost 4lb in weight since symptoms began.

Graham.

• Like 7

17 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Gosh there seems to be lots going on here on this forum today. Graham, glad you are feeling better and Avril, glad your daughter tested negative. Happy Birthday to everyone today, it’s my sons birthday as well, he is 32 today, I don’t feel old enough to have a son that old. 

Michelle 

Happy belated birthday to your son Michelle.

Graham.

18 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I was by no means apportioning blame. Just pointing out that if you buy "Italian" olive oil, which normally commands a price premium,  you may actually be buying Spanish oil.  

We've actually bought a bottle this year,we normally are given a litre by our gardener or neighbours.There's been a bad harvest this year with diseases and things.Everything here has made in Italy labels but most is made in China and assembled in Italy,lol.

20 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

I had to get changed during the night as I woke with my pyjama top damp.Strangely this virus only seems to overheat my head arms and chest.

After getting washed I stood on the bathroom scales and i have lost 4lb in weight since symptoms began.

Graham.

Well done mate.I didn't mean to insinuate you were mollycoddled the other day.I'm sending you a bunch of grapes,bear with me it's taking me ages to peel them all.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

Graham.

Glad you are feeling a bit better now.

Although it’s an extreme way to lose weight ! 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

Graham.

Morning Graham. Nice to know you're both fine this morning, but I can think of more pleasant ways to lose weight. Is your breathing improving? Earlier this year during lockdown I phoned the doctor as Frank was feeling ill and running a temperature. The first thing he asked was if his chest felt hotter than the rest of his body, so that must be unique to this virus. Luckily it wasn't, was prescribed antibiotics and was better within the week. 

Avril

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Or it might be the poor quality EU statistics to blame!!!

If it was a case of a few litres, fine, but we are talking millions of litres here. No chance that the statistics can be that wrong. 

What us undeniably true is that Italy bottles a great deal more oil than it actually produces.

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Harry.

Graham.

Hi Graham,

I haven’t been reading this thread, as I try to restrict my Cruise Critic activity to the threads that actually relate to cruising and I don’t use it for general chat purposes, but I became aware that I hadn’t been seeing your usual high volume of posts so figured that something was up. I now realise that you have gone down with Covid! I sincerely hope that you are over the worst of it and would like to send my very best wishes for a speedy recovery. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Graham. Nice to know you're both fine this morning, but I can think of more pleasant ways to lose weight. Is your breathing improving? Earlier this year during lockdown I phoned the doctor as Frank was feeling ill and running a temperature. The first thing he asked was if his chest felt hotter than the rest of his body, so that must be unique to this virus. Luckily it wasn't, was prescribed antibiotics and was better within the week. 

Avril

Thanks Avril.

I had already lost 2 stones in weight by diet change after my heart attack in December 2019 but my weight had been constant for several months.

I'm pleased Frank got better with antibiotics and it wasn't covid19.

Graham.