P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

27 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just heard some devastating news about a 33 year old local lad, (Michelle's hairdressers brother) who was fit and healthy and was Europe's 5th strongest man in 2018, who became ill with Covid 11 days ago and has now died... 

He seemingly followed all the guidelines like the rest of us. 

For all the doubters... I hope you never have to deal with what his family and 12 year old son are going through now... 

Andy 

How awful for the family!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

Enjoyed watching but not sure who will get voted off?I love Anton as a judge- its a pity he is only temporary.

I do like Anton, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to give a little bit of criticism. The constant gushing does become a little wearing. Just hearing a repeat of "you were wonderful" time after time actually is tiresome.

I think Craig is mellowing, in the sense that whilst he still points out faults, he is more positive than previously. Which, to my mind, makes a good judge. Point out the faults, but then praise the positives.  Perhaps Priti Patel needs to learn from Craig!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Just heard some devastating news about a 33 year old local lad, (Michelle's hairdressers brother) who was fit and healthy and was Europe's 5th strongest man in 2018, who became ill with Covid 11 days ago and has now died... 

For all the doubters... I hope you never have to deal with what his family and 12 year old son are going through now... 

Andy 

Desperately sad, but a real anomaly given how few people in that age group have died. 

Without pre-judging, I think we should wait for the official cause of death.

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

So sad, my thoughts are with them,  we went though it last year when my Son passed away leaving our 12 year old Grandson.

Edited by Bloodaxe
  • Like 2

Such sad stories.  I think at last most doubters are taking it all more seriously. especially here in Swale, which is nearly top of the list, although local Politicians say that the major outbreak is in our three prisons, but I'm not so sure.

On a lighter note, we like Anton  but feel he is just telling everyone they are wonderful and not really helping them by giving any constructive advice/criticism.  We got a bit fed up with that.  He seemed a bit smarmy

Also, does anyone else dislike the spoilers at the beginning of lots of programmes.. where they tell you what's coming up later.  Spoils it for me.  Its on documentaries and the like

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wowzz said:

Desperately sad, but a real anomaly given how few people in that age group have died. 

Without pre-judging, I think we should wait for the official cause of death.

From what we have heard from the family, it was 100% Covid. He was in hospital for 11 days being treated for Covid, nothing else. 

I agree it is an anomaly, but my point is, any one of us can be that anomaly, 

I don't want it to be any of us... 

Some, if not many, are dying in all age groups.

Doubt at your peril... 

Andy 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Very sad and devestating for his family.  It shows that it can affect anyone and I wish people would take it more seriously.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

From what we have heard from the family, it was 100% Covid. He was in hospital for 11 days being treated for Covid, nothing else. 

Doubt at your peril... 

Andy 

You’re right, as usual, Andy, and it’s a very sad story.

Statistically, the chances of dying as a result of a Covid infection at that age are extremely small indeed, but it can and does happen.

Much the same with heart attacks, or for that matter crossing the road.

It’s a tiny percentage incidence rate overall, but 100% if you’re the unfortunate one.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

I thought it was only season 1 - 7 that are streamed on Netflix?  Season 10 will be on BBC in the new year, and seasons 8 and 9 will be on Britbox, I think not       i-Player.

Morning. Series has been on Netflix for a out a month and 1 to 9 def on BBC I Player ... we don't have Britbox.  The only problem. We have is not falling asleep in the last 5 minutes and missing who done it 🙂

19 hours ago, brian1 said:

Arrived in Chiasso,no problems,didn't see any plod the whole journey.

I've heard that the Carabinieri want a word with you about your driving and have put out this video  😉

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Statistically, the chances of dying as a result of a Covid infection at that age are extremely small indeed, but it can and does happen.

It’s a tiny percentage incidence rate overall, but 100% if you’re the unfortunate one.

We can all die of anything, but imagine the guilt if you were the one to bring it to your door and someone close died.. 

I doubt my actions will cause a heart attack... 

Andy 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

We can all die of anything, but imagine the guilt if you were the one to bring it to your door and someone close died.. 

Andy 

I understand what you are saying Andy . Percentages mean nothing when your the 

family it happens to ,like the family in Wales I think it was that buried three members 

of their family in the same day from covid .How do you put that into a percentage, the 

pain and suffering that family must be going through ?

Were talking about peoples lives here and whether the covid turned into a heart attack 

or anything else does it matter ?

As we have read sometimes ,you can still end up with covid when you think you have

taken all reasonable precautions.

Lets just all put a little more thought/effort into keeping safe from this horrible virus.

Keep safe everyone !

• Like 7

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Doubt at your peril... 

Andy 

I agree.

Amazingly on RCL boards people are complaining about having to wear masks and getting vaccines when they are available to be able to cruise.

I think most of us on here are extremely careful and because I have had it now for 16 days and kept our friends here informed of how bad it is people have someone to relate to.

Take care Andy.

Graham.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

An old retired ex colleague of Pauline caught Covid19 and her husband caught it off her and then died in hospital with Covid19.

She is distraught.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

I agree.

Amazingly on RCL boards people are complaining about having to wear masks and getting vaccines when they are available to be able to cruise.

I think most of us on here are extremely careful and because I have had it now for 16 days and kept our friends here informed of how bad it is people have someone to relate to.

Take care Andy.

Graham.

Graham,

Are you receiving any medication or assistance from the NHS? to make you more comfortable, or to assist with your symptoms? if so are they keeping in regular contact? Just wondering how they are dealing with it?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

Graham,

Are you receiving any medication or assistance from the NHS? to make you more comfortable, or to assist with your symptoms? if so are they keeping in regular contact? Just wondering how they are dealing with it?

No contact from the NHS regarding medication.

If you are not in hospital you are left alone to self medicate.

Had emails asking if we wanted any support for shopping.

Pauline had a reminder to isolate from Test and Trace.

Graham.

• Like 3

Just now, grapau27 said:

Graham.

So there is no medication or guidance other then to shut yourself away, amazed.

Have they painted a red cross on your front door?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mercury7289 said:

So there is no medication or guidance other then to shut yourself away, amazed.

Have they painted a red cross on your front door?

It's Pauline I feel sorry for running around in a plague doctors mask :classic_unsure::classic_wink:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

An old retired ex colleague of Pauline caught Covid19 and her husband caught it off her and then died in hospital with Covid19.

She is distraught.

I don't think I could carry on if I was in that poor lady's shoes. It doesn't bear thinking about. My niece was the same when her father died from covid and she was his only outside contact. Even though she tested negative, she must have been asymptomatic. She still can't forgive herself. 

Avril

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Indeed. Figures in the press today show that only 42 people have died from CV19 with no pre-existing condition. Obviously, that is still 42 too many, but it does put the risk facing healthy individuals into perspective. 

95.6% of those who have died of CV19 had at least one pre-existing serious condition. 

52 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

The friend I mentioned is feeling somewhat better and has even tried driving. After over 3 weeks they should not be infectious but intend to continue self isolating until probably after xmas. Including visiting their daughter and grandson who lives in Swale 😱

NHS suggested he try the doctor who was working from home, it is a large practice and it has been in chaos recently, maybe down to COVID? Anyway after a short telephone conversation he is now on a course of tablets which as he describes them sound like anti virals. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Indeed. Figures in the press today show that only 42 people have died from CV19 with no pre-existing condition. Obviously, that is still 42 too many, but it does put the risk facing healthy individuals into perspective. 

95.6% of those who have died of CV19 had at least one pre-existing serious condition. 

Not sure about the figures there.

if 95.6% of those who have died of cv19 had at least one pre existing condition, that means that 4.4% didn’t. The ‘official’ death toll is almost 55000 and 4.4% of 55000 is 2420 people.

That’s just a back of an envelope calculation, and the true death toll of Covid is probably much higher, but the figure of 42 seems unfeasibly low. 

Notwithstanding any of this, Covid can make anybody very ill. Even if it doesn’t kill you, it’s not exactly a walk in the park

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1