P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

39 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

We have. It’s the hardest decision I’ve ever had to make and I am struggling with it. He’s been gone only two days.

I can understand your loss, we had to have a dog put to sleep last year after suffering three strokes over a period of 18 months. It’s a terrible loss but I am sure you will all have lots and lots of happy memories 

Michelle

• Like 4

So sorry to hear about your dog Vampiress. I understand how sad you must all be feeling at the moment and you will miss him so much. In time you will remember all the happy times and the love and companionship he has given you for so many years. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

hi sue

yes the girls are good at school. None have them have been off and they are trying the best to keep it normal for the kids
we are all a bit down currently due to the dog

Sorry to hear about your dog.  We were so devastated lose our dog that 10 years later we still can't bring ourselves to get another, he was our second dog but for some reason we felt losing him more than we did the first dog.  Ours was a schnauzer and a real character and brilliant with children everyone in our family still talk about him and understand why we can't get a replacement.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

It was right Vamps

Don’t cry at this - or maybe do cry but don’t feel embarrassed.  Why would we have them if we didn’t love them; if we didn’t love them how could we not mourn them?

4CA29CB1-417C-4D3C-A964-67623474E013.jpeg

yeah that made me cry. 
I used to love my kitchen and now I hate it because he’s not in it. 
it hurts and other things are also falling apart. 
I need to keep it together for the girls

Edited by Vampiress88
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry to hear about your dog.  We were so devastated lose our dog that 10 years later we still can't bring ourselves to get another, he was our second dog but for some reason we felt losing him more than we did the first dog.  Ours was a schnauzer and a real character and brilliant with children everyone in our family still talk about him and understand why we can't get a replacement.

Same here, but a much loved cat - can't face the journey to the vet again, plus occasionally you meet an irreplaceable pet. Having said that, were I young like Vamps there is time for many pets to look forward to in the future. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yeah that made me cry. 

That made me cry too -- cats for us as not had dogs but we've had goldfish, gerbils and hamsters ..... oh and Giant African  Land Snails ..... bless them all. Have been there and shed lots of tears for all of them, Each one special. Hubby says that I will get attached to anything that lives and breathes. Am a right softie.

Take care, such a sad time - our animal babies are part of our family and very special. x

Edited by Presto2
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

When we met we both had a cat (two boys). Putting them together was interesting. They lived to 21 and 20 ... we still feel the pain of the loss now and it was years ago. We now have two girls - rescue cats. They are just beautiful and real characters ... shame they never met the boys 😉 

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

yeah that made me cry. 

Oh gosh that made me cry too. My dog is my world and the thought of losing him is unbearable.
My heart goes out to you and I know there are no words of comfort that will help at this moment - it is too raw. But after a while you will remember him with smiles and laughter. 

X

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a border collie cross. We had him put down when he was 16. DW said you didn't cry like that when your Dad died. I didn't take dad out down the woods 3 times a day. The dogs lead is still hanging behind the kitchen door 12 years later. You do miss them, don't you.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We had a border collie cross. We had him put down when he was 16. DW said you didn't cry like that when you Dad died. I didn't take dad out down the woods 3 times a day. The dogs lead is still hanging behind the kitchen door 12 years later. You do miss them, don't you.

That's beautiful 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We had a border collie cross. We had him put down when he was 16. DW said you didn't cry like that when your Dad died. I didn't take dad out down the woods 3 times a day. The dogs lead is still hanging behind the kitchen door 12 years later. You do miss them, don't you.

We still have our dog lead and collar, 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

yeah that made me cry. 

It will take  a little time because you'll see him eveywhere but soon when you go into your kitchen you'll remember him with a smile. We had a beautiful Border Collie, Gemma, and when I left the house she would lay at the front door and wait for me. As she got older and wasn't so sprightly I would rattle the keys to give her time to move away from the door. After she died I still used to do it out of habit and it would upset me, but later It made me smile. It will get better I promise.

Please keep posting Vamps,  because reading between the lines it seems as if you need to talk. Take care x

Avril

• Like 6

35 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Pauline put Xmas decorations up in our dining room last night.

IMG-20201129-WA0002.jpg

Looks lovely. Putting ours up next weekend, having a wall knocked through tmoro and a window put in so too much dust going to gather this week to put them up any earlier.

Seems lots of people around put them up this weekend, it looks so lovely🎄🎄

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Looks lovely. Putting ours up next weekend, having a wall knocked through tmoro and a window put in so too much dust going to gather this week to put them up any earlier.

Seems lots of people around put them up this weekend, it looks so lovely🎄🎄

Thank you Michelle.

🎶That's another month gone ..another one bites the dust ! 🎶

Tomorrows December ! :classic_smile:

Lovely tree Graham , yep they do lift your spirits :classic_smile:

I would love to get my hands on one of these remote control  one's .. :classic_love:  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1