Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Thank you.

 

A little aside.. I did an order (its a very cold store!!) which had £10 off.  It was a one day deal.

 

The day before delivery I went in to add some bits and the £10 off disappeared.  It seemed like I couldn't edit a special deal even though I ordered on the day!  I hope that makes sense.

 

If I am reading this right , then the clue was in it was a one day deal.

Eg :-  £10 off  a shop order if you spend £30 or more on the 1st Dec  only .

The goods you ordered on that day should have that offer even if you booked a later 

date slot. When you go to edit the order it will not show as that offer is no more ,

it has expired .

We get similar things happen with our orders .We may see today as we put a order in 

today, two of  our favourite butter on offer .."Buy 2 for one"  offer expires on 3rd Dec 

we click on the offer and get a delivery slot before the 3rd  we get the offer .

If our delivery is at a later date ,then we would not  but the web site usually informs us of this  .

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

 

This made me laugh.  One of my favourite USA chains is the Cheesecake Factory, but we only ever have lunch there because the dinner portions are enormous.  I felt quite smug because I always chose a chicken salad (with a fried onion topping 😁) and then they started printing the calories on the menu.  My lunchtime salad had more than 1200 calories!!

 

Being Mrs Smug, as well as mrsgoggins, I will add that my Tesco slots are booked until 7th January 😊

I have a Delivery Saver account and just checked online. Slots for the week after xmas and the first full week in January are not yet available 🤔

 

Normally  my slots are available  4 weeks in advance from the day after I get a delivery. I just changed the day from Thursday to Wednesday. New Delivery Saver accounts are not available at the moment.

Edited by davecttr
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, kalos said:

 

If I am reading this right , then the clue was in it was a one day deal.

Eg :-  £10 off  a shop order if you spend £30 or more on the 1st Dec  only .

The goods you ordered on that day should have that offer even if you booked a later 

date slot. When you go to edit the order it will not show as that offer is no more ,

it has expired .

We get similar things happen with our orders .We may see today as we put a order in 

today, two of  our favourite butter on offer .."Buy 2 for one"  offer expires on 3rd Dec 

we click on the offer and get a delivery slot before the 3rd  we get the offer .

If our delivery is at a later date ,then we would not  but the web site usually informs us of this  .

Yes, quite often there are discounts for items with delivery dates from xxxx to xxxx. As long as your delivery slot is between those dates you will be charged the offer price.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have a Delivery Saver account and just checked online. Slots for the week after xmas and the first full week in January are not yet available 🤔

 

Normally  my slots are available  4 weeks in advance from the day after I get a delivery. I just changed the day from Thursday to Wednesday. New Delivery Saver accounts are not available at the moment.

I too have a delivery saver account and I booked the one for January last week.  I have been on the site today to ajust an order and they have disappeared!

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, purplesea said:

I too have a delivery saver account and I booked the one for January last week.  I have been on the site today to ajust an order and they have disappeared!

You should find the order in ‘My Orders’.  They were allowing bookings for early January a few days ago, as you know, but then took them off again.

 

Your booked slots should still be in My Orders though. 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Happy 1st December everyone. In our house that means it's time for the Advent Calendars, our 10 year old son's on the left and grown-ups on the right (or have I mixed that up? 🤪)

IMG_1218.JPG

I came home to find all the windows open and everything gone... 

 

Scumbags... 

 

They have no right... 

 

It's my advent calender😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, purplesea said:

I too have a delivery saver account and I booked the one for January last week.  I have been on the site today to ajust an order and they have disappeared!


I booked my January slot last week too and also have a delivery saver

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have to go into Rainham to collect my repeat prescription but apart from that there is no need to visit any shops. Luckily I have a weekly Tesco delivery with slots reserved up to xmas but still try to go for a daily walk. I do miss my regular visit to Costa in Hempstead Valley for a bit of people watching. I like the toast as well. They threatened ( in a friendly way) to throw me out  a few years ago for telling everyone how many calories were in the cakes 😈 😁

 

I should really get my next few weeks click and collect slots sorted out soon. I think avoiding the shops as much as possible is a good idea at the moment! 

I love the Costa toasties, lots of calories in those too sadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DamianG said:

Happy 1st December everyone. In our house that means it's time for the Advent Calendars, our 10 year old son's on the left and grown-ups on the right (or have I mixed that up? 🤪)

IMG_1218.JPG

A daily mini bottle from Laithwaites is extremely civilised 😀 that and chocolate, happy days.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok guys I know some of you have put your tree &  lights up to bring some

cheer into what has not been the best of years .

Even the old guy in the bungalow opposite us has put some lights up in 

his window .It's like a scene out of Pin Ball Wizard and a cross between 

Flamborough light house , he's having fun with them .

Anyway I thought what can I get you lot for Christmas ?   I thought  this

handy gadget may come in handy .I hear some of you say.....

" I haven't got around to it ."  So I got you all this time saving gadget and

decided to give it to you now as an early Christmas gift :classic_smile: .....

 

                                                 roundtuit.thumb.jpg.3d8ea0c6b386d2378ef6591f101c665d.jpg

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks!

 

I always find it difficult to get a round tuit 😂

 

It’s a beautiful day here.  Started with a spectacular cerise sunrise, which faded to shades of pink and lilac and is now clear blue sky and gentle breeze.  (Ah, the side benefits of an early-waking puppy). Nasty stuff, including potential sleet, forecast for Friday though

 

Haggis and neeps tonight, as we couldn’t have it on St Andrew’s Day yesterday as I had other stuff which required eating.  Not my favourite but twice a year, today and Burns’ Night is bearable 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just finished writing my Christmas cards but as I can't send one to my cruising friends here is a link to one that you can all share.  This link is safe, I use this website to send cards to my family and friends outside the UK.

https://www.jacquielawson.com/ecard/pickup/r8fb3326698024a03ac669fcfb50bf6ac?source=jl999&utm_medium=pickup&utm_source=share&utm_campaign=receiver

Edited by Josy1953
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all and sis,finally got a £5 a month cheapo internet with BT.We caught an earlier Eurotunnel and got home at 2.30.Thought great I can chill out now but found that the bog wouldn't flush, some idiot neighbour was flushing wetwipes for the 9 months I was away.Spent the afternoon lifting heavy manhole covers and waiting for Thames Water to come and clear it.After reading all the rows a few pages back I'm glad that's the only crap  I can be accused of posting.Popped in Boots yesterday to enquire about flu jab and they done us both straight away.Got my £200 heating allowance today,just don't tell them we were not here in Sept to qualify for it,lol.Hey sis,glad you're posting regularly again,was getting worried reading 20 pages back,cheers,Brian.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all and sis,finally got a £5 a month cheapo internet with BT.We caught an earlier Eurotunnel and got home at 2.30.Thought great I can chill out now but found that the bog wouldn't flush, some idiot neighbour was flushing wetwipes for the 9 months I was away.Spent the afternoon lifting heavy manhole covers and waiting for Thames Water to come and clear it.After reading all the rows a few pages back I'm glad that's the only crap  I can be accused of posting.Popped in Boots yesterday to enquire about flu jab and they done us both straight away.Got my £200 heating allowance today,just don't tell them we were not here in Sept to qualify for it,lol.Hey sis,glad you're posting regularly again,was getting worried reading 20 pages back,cheers,Brian.

Welcome home Brian... 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎29‎/‎2020 at 6:58 PM, Presto2 said:

 

That made me cry too -- cats for us as not had dogs but we've had goldfish, gerbils and hamsters ..... oh and Giant African  Land Snails ..... bless them all. Have been there and shed lots of tears for all of them, Each one special. Hubby says that I will get attached to anything that lives and breathes. Am a right softie.

 

Take care, such a sad time - our animal babies are part of our family and very special. x

I wouldn't let the snails out for a walk where we live.When it rains all the old biddies go out with their carrier bags collecting all the snails in the road escaping the soggy grass.We walk in front rescueing them.Bloody hypocrite though,I still love Escargot on ship,lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all and sis,finally got a £5 a month cheapo internet with BT.We caught an earlier Eurotunnel and got home at 2.30.Thought great I can chill out now but found that the bog wouldn't flush, some idiot neighbour was flushing wetwipes for the 9 months I was away.Spent the afternoon lifting heavy manhole covers and waiting for Thames Water to come and clear it.After reading all the rows a few pages back I'm glad that's the only crap  I can be accused of posting.Popped in Boots yesterday to enquire about flu jab and they done us both straight away.Got my £200 heating allowance today,just don't tell them we were not here in Sept to qualify for it,lol.Hey sis,glad you're posting regularly again,was getting worried reading 20 pages back,cheers,Brian.

Welcome home Brian. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Hi all and sis,finally got a £5 a month cheapo internet with BT.We caught an earlier Eurotunnel and got home at 2.30.Thought great I can chill out now but found that the bog wouldn't flush, some idiot neighbour was flushing wetwipes for the 9 months I was away.Spent the afternoon lifting heavy manhole covers and waiting for Thames Water to come and clear it.After reading all the rows a few pages back I'm glad that's the only crap  I can be accused of posting.Popped in Boots yesterday to enquire about flu jab and they done us both straight away.Got my £200 heating allowance today,just don't tell them we were not here in Sept to qualify for it,lol.Hey sis,glad you're posting regularly again,was getting worried reading 20 pages back,cheers,Brian.

Hi bro. Glad you both got back safely. I was just thinking about you yesterday while I was making the dumplings with olive oil that you told me about. Really lovely with the beef casserole. Not such a good welcome home gift from your neighbour, but it gave you some exercise and kept you warm. Doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things, does it?  No need to worry about me bro, I just had a little wobble but all's well now. I'm like a Kelly, knock me down and I'll pop straight up again😊 How's the family?

Sis

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks Josy

 

The Jacqui Lawson cards are super, aren’t they?

I have been sending them for over 15 years because they are much easier than regular cards for our family and friends outside the UK because I can specify the date that they should be delivered.  The children love them even more than the adults do.  I have a membership because we have so many people abroad to send them to.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I have been sending them for over 15 years because they are much easier than regular cards for our family and friends outside the UK because I can specify the date that they should be delivered.  The children love them even more than the adults do.  I have a membership because we have so many people abroad to send them to.

With 1st class stamps going up 9p (to 85p) on 1st January there will be more people using the Jacqui Lawson type cards.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, brian1 said:

I wouldn't let the snails out for a walk where we live.When it rains all the old biddies go out with their carrier bags collecting all the snails in the road escaping the soggy grass.We walk in front rescueing them.Bloody hypocrite though,I still love Escargot on ship,lol.

That made me laugh - have a friend who is married to an Italian and bless it is the birds that need to worry 😉

 

I still love Italy and the Italians though  - bless 'em 

Edited by Presto2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...