P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

17 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

The problem is we all love Bill but he is not improving... 

This is where we see if it is a popularity vote and not about the dancing at all... 

Welcome to the sad club Wowzz.. I fought it for years but have now succumbed... 

Andy 

Still no takers in this house........and I can’t see that changing. Ever. 😱

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

6°C cold and wet this morning.

We will be going to church this morning then to a garden centre then probably go to the beach.

Graham.

Don't forget the parasol and sunscreen Graham😎

Well, we can still dream☺️

Avril

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Don't forget the parasol and sunscreen Graham😎

Well, we can still dream☺️

Avril

Stood looking at our garden and it's a nice pleasant 22deg c this morning :classic_smile:

However on the other side of the window , it's a very damp and dismal 3deg c:classic_mellow:

Best keep my thermals on standby :classic_unsure::classic_smile:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

You are lucky, I have just been outside and our garden thermometer is registering 3° C.  I think that we should move house, where we are now we are high up ( lovely views over the city) but if we drive 2 miles down to the town it is usually a couple of degrees warmer.

We are close to what I believe is the highest point in the city of Stoke (Goldenhill - not as nice as it may sound). When the wind from the North blows down through the Cheshire gap, we get an otherwise unobstructed blast.🤨

11 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Nope, not here either. 

Avril

You can add me to the list as well. Just an overhyped showcase for a few who are seeking to increase their public profile at the licence fee payer’s expense, with judges reinforcing the incorrect stereotype that men have to be camp to succeed in ballroom dancing. 🤨

Edited by pete14
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, pete14 said:

incorrect stereotype that men have to be camp to succeed in ballroom dancing

Given the numerous liasions that the male dancers have had with various female celebrities, I think that stereotype is well and truly disproven.

But, as you don't watch it, you wouldn't know about that, would you?

I just don't understand this bah humbug approach. I have never watched East Enders, but if people want to watch overpaid actors, why not?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

This is where we see if it is a popularity vote and not about the dancing at all... 

Andy 

Who is the WE that all love Bill, I find him the most boring and irritating "celebrity" that's been on strictly for some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Andy 

Bet I'm sadder than you mate.I watch Loose Women.Years ago I used to like meeting loose women.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

Still no takers in this house........and I can’t see that changing. Ever. 😱

Nor here. I watched something about the McVitie's biscuit factory in Carlisle, which says it all really, and at least I now know how to make a decent custard cream.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Oh dear I can see where this is heading .:classic_unsure: But thanks to an amazing invention ,

you can grab your remote control and switch to what you do like to watch .:classic_smile:

Have I seen strictly ? Yes thanks via Google box, and the snippet I see on there 

confirms it's not for me BUT that does not mean anyone else will not enjoy it .:classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Who is the WE that all love Bill, I find him the most boring and irritating "celebrity" that's been on strictly for some time.

I was talking about my household, we expected him to be rubbish, he was OK but hasn't improved. 

It cannot only be us that likes him though, otherwise he wouldn't still be there. 

Andy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Nor here. I watched something about the McVitie's biscuit factory in Carlisle, which says it all really, and at least I now know how to make a decent custard cream.

Aah, but there is a connection... 

You are getting drawn in unknowingly Annie.. 

Andy 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, pete14 said:

You can add me to the list as well. Just an overhyped showcase for a few who are seeking to increase their public profile at the licence fee payer’s expense, with judges reinforcing the incorrect stereotype that men have to be camp to succeed in ballroom dancing. 🤨

Escapism at its finest Pete.. 

Andy 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

Oh dear I can see where this is heading .:classic_unsure: But thanks to an amazing invention ,

you can grab your remote control and switch to what you do like to watch .:classic_smile:

Have I seen strictly ? Yes thanks via Google box, and the snippet I see on there 

confirms it's not for me BUT that does not mean anyone else will not enjoy it .:classic_smile:

Absolutely and well said. I've tried Strictly a few times (one of the presenters is like fingernails down a chalkboard for me for a start, though) and didn't enjoy it,  but what others watch is absolutely none of my business and I'm pleased they're enjoying some harmless entertainment. There are only a few thousand other channels to choose from, let alone catch-up.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

You are of course right.  I think that it is rarely about the dancing, I love the show but over the years I have noticed that the public vote keeps the most undeserving dancers in because they are either popular or are getting a sympathy vote.  In my opinion JJ should have gone long ago but he is still there because he is getting a sympathy vote and I think that Bill is popular with the public.  Maisie is an example of this, earlier in the series she was in the bottom two several times despite being one of the best dancers and was saved by the judges she was obviously unpopular with the public.

It is the 'Boaty McBoatface' effect, never let the public vote on anything like that unless you want to get stupid results.

53 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Half of our household think you are absolutely right, couldn't be more righter. DW watches it though🤔

• Haha 1

Just now, kalos said:

Jamie Oliver's Christmas countdown is getting there :classic_unsure:

Oh dear, at the risk of upsetting everyone Jamie Oliver is another that, for me, is like fingernails down a chalkboard (along with Nigella). Bring back Delia!

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Bake Off next? 

Oh dear. Have to own up to half watching that. Half because I can do other things while it’s on, the wife likes it because it’s an area of real interest, and I don’t find it annoying. Real people, rather than ‘celebrities’ (though Hollywood thinks he is) and no daft audience participation.

And I quite like Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Oh dear. Have to own up to half watching that. Half because I can do other things while it’s on, the wife likes it because it’s an area of real interest, and I don’t find it annoying. Real people, rather than ‘celebrities’ (though Hollywood thinks he is) and no daft audience participation.

And I quite like Matt Lucas and Noel Fielding.

I've never watched it, but will defend your right so to do! Perhaps I should try it.

I love Four in a Bed; bit difficult to indulge in TV-watching one-upmanship after that admission.

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 2

Just now, AnnieC said:

Oh dear, at the risk of upsetting everyone Jamie Oliver is another that, for me, is like fingernails down a chalkboard (along with Nigella). Bring back Delia!

He’s annoying, yes - but he knows his food. I can tolerate him for his expertise. Delia’s recipes, my wife tells me, always work. 

But then so does my own ‘Special Mix’ recipe for hungry families and lazy husbands:

One tin oxtail soup

One tin minced beef

One tin baked beans

Mix together in bowl and microwave on medium high till hot.

Pudding:

As above - just add one tin custard.

6 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Jamie Oliver has one of those faces that you’d never tire of slapping.

(sorry to any of his fans) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2