P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, wowzz said:

Have to eat early before watching the full concert- they go on for over 3 hours (as you know!)

I watched his Broadway show on Netflix - excellent.

Three hours doesn’t include the 5 song encore which seems to be standard. 

I agree his Broadway show was excellent, perhaps he could do it in the theatre on a sea day during the afternoon. 

i can’t wait to see him open a new concert tour, hopefully starting off with ‘Ghosts’ from the new album.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Just posted this in another thread, but it's worth posting twice

https://www.omnicalculator.com/health/vaccine-queue-uk?adobe_mc=TS%3D1608222800|MCAID%3D2D53F13405317E29-400001182004603A

At least 9.9 million people ahead of me in the queue,  and I'm not likely to get my first injection until early March, if all goes to plan !!!

Too many variables to take any notice of that.

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Just checked our weather forecast for Christmas Day and although it is supposed to be dry we will have strong winds.  So if we are eating out it won't just be a case of hang on to your hats,  we'll have to hold on to our dinners too!!

Christmas Day forecast dry but minus 1! So outdoor dining would be just a tiny bit cold.

Just filled details in for wife's stepfather on vaccine queue website quoted above and for man of 87 with underlying conditions it states he should get the vaccine towards the end of January. He received it yesterday so proves it is not very accurate and not worth taking any notice of it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, majortom10 said:

Just filled details in for wife's stepfather on vaccine queue website quoted above and for man of 87 with underlying conditions it states he should get the vaccine towards the end of January. He received it yesterday so proves it is not very accurate and not worth taking any notice of it.

I think most people realise it’s not accurate and understand that it’s just an illustration 

• Like 8

Well here in Stoke on Trent school has closed today. It was a lovely, lovely day and I am so relieved that all children, staff and parents have made it to Christmas. That'll do for my Christmas pressie from Santa.

School is on call to the 23rd to see if any cases appear so fingers and toes crossed that all will be well. 🙂

• Like 13

18 hours ago, wowzz said:

Mind you, if The Boss was on a cruise, I'd book now, even if if we only went to Canvey Island.

And me, me, me - I'd pay handsomely too!  I've seen him live five times and I've left on a high every time .... also a bit jealous because we are only months apart in age but that man is super fit!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well here in Stoke on Trent school has closed today. It was a lovely, lovely day and I am so relieved that all children, staff and parents have made it to Christmas. That'll do for my Christmas pressie from Santa.

School is on call to the 23rd to see if any cases appear so fingers and toes crossed that all will be well. 🙂

Fingers crossed for you that you are not called. 🤞🤞

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, wowzz said:

I can understand that for one or two concerts, but for a whole cruise? 

We can't just continue to live in the past. Even the Sex Pistols are old hat these days. 

Mind you, if The Boss was on a cruise, I'd book now, even if if we only went to Canvey Island.

At Canvey they could get Dr feelgood. That should sell out the Limelight club at £25 a head.🤣

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Have no idea about the other one but I have to play this one ---- probably my favourite song of all time and so very apt at the minute

Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer (Official Music Video) - YouTube

Brilliant song and great band and as you say very apt at the moment .

I see on the news they say the kids will be staggered on return .:classic_unsure:

Round these parts the kids staggering has been the norm for a few years ! :classic_smile:

teen-drinking.jpg.396aa4e2e39bc392fc9383b6c93fd816.jpg   Stagger out to help out :classic_wink:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, kalos said:

it's tongue in cheek post Avril , have another read .. and regardless of any Tier you 

can sit out in any weather ..That's if you're mad enough to do so :classic_smile:

My reply was tougue-in-cheek too kalos. I've often referred to an unruly group of people as a 'shower'. Mum and dad used the word a lot so I don't know if it's more of a southern expression😉

Avril

• Like 1

On 12/16/2020 at 8:20 PM, lindylooellalouise said:

Hi Graham we saw Slade live at the Dolcia Vita  nightclub in Newgate Street Newcastle in  Xmas 1972 fantastic  band music amazing and the best one I WISH IT COULD BE CHRISTMAS EVERY DAY  fab memories 

Living in Wolverhampton area at the time I saw Slade a number of times. I used to get their singles just before they were released as my mother worked with one of Jimmy Lea’s family. 

• Like 3

Good morning everyone, I hope you are all keeping well.:classic_smile:

One week to go until Christmas day, has anyone got that 

"Christmassy" feeling yet ?

Personally it just feels strange to us, don't get me wrong 

we will enjoy the day but it does not feel that close to

Christmas yet ,in our heads if that makes sense .

Maybe it's because the buzz of the shops and pubs is just not there .

We drove past a pub yesterday that is usually ablaze with Christmas 

lights and decorations and posters inviting you in for their Christmas 

food that would have been on offer.. Nothing but to be fair I would not 

be decking the pub out either if I was the owner .

We are ready for Christmas but is Christmas ready for us ? 

I think so :classic_smile:

A nice start to the day around here a mild 11 deg C this morning :classic_smile:

Have a nice day & stay safe !

• Like 7

No I haven't got the Christmassy feeling. I am struggling to get motivated. We haven't got any decorations up yet, although we did decide yesterday to get the tree up - only we can't find it!! Thought it was in the loft but it's not so the only other place it can be is the garage, but as we have the contents of my daughter's house in there I don't know if we will be successful finding it.

Am I the only one struggling?

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

One week to go until Christmas day, has anyone got that 

"Christmassy" feeling yet ?

Probably like most of the females on here, I've got the "what the h**l have I forgotten to put on the supermarket order" feeling right now.🥴

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, purplesea said:

No I haven't got the Christmassy feeling. I am struggling to get motivated. We haven't got any decorations up yet, although we did decide yesterday to get the tree up - only we can't find it!! Thought it was in the loft but it's not so the only other place it can be is the garage, but as we have the contents of my daughter's house in there I don't know if we will be successful finding it.

Am I the only one struggling?

I can promise you you're not - just about everyone I know is finding life difficult at the moment. 

Take care - I hope this place keeps you (mostly) sane, as it does me.😄

• Like 6

1 minute ago, AnnieC said:

Probably like most of the females on here, I've got the "what the h**l have I forgotten to put on the supermarket order" feeling right now.🥴

I'm doing my Lidl, M&S, Tesco, Aldi run later (I quite like shopping!) so let me know what you've forgotten!

• Like 1