P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

I think I've upset the wife .The Mrs  wanted a new bed  in time for Christmas but I
have bought a trampoline instead as a surprise.

When we went to bed last night she hit the roof  !  :classic_mellow:

🤣🙃🤣 Silly, stupid and hilarious..  thank you so much Kalos  especially on this grey silent lockdown Saturday   xx

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Secret Santa?

Just give a Xmas card with the appropriate number of scratch cards inside.  She might win her fortune, it’s a small charitable donation and it’s SIMPLE.  I’m all for simplicity

😁 Each time I hear the advert for giving scratch cards as a gift on my favourite classical music radio station, I think 'Who on earth would actually do this?'  Now I know 😉 ..... and I can definitely appreciate the simplicity of it in this case!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning all, 

Nearly Christmas... 

Are we all off panic buying last minute presents or tins of peas...

I have to buy a secret santa present for a lady with absolutely no sense of humour... Any ideas? 

Have a good day everyone 

Andy 

I have been very good this year and have already done all of my shopping except for fresh food which I will do very early on Wednesday morning.  I have had my sausage rolls and mince pies and put them in the freezer but I don't know how long it will take us to eat everything because I have done the same amount of shopping and baking as I do every year but there will only be 2 of us to eat it this year.

Secret Santa is always a problem if you have to buy for someone with no sense of humour, maybe something that smells nice.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, kalos said:

Morning Andy ,hope you and your Michelle are keeping well :classic_smile:

They are funny creatures to buy for :classic_unsure:

Have you thought about maybe A Bag For LIFE for when she goes shopping ?

I think she would like that cos if she's anything like my Mrs she has loads of them

in our house but always seems to buy a new one if we're  out shopping and tends to

only use them once :classic_unsure:

I think I've upset the wife .The Mrs  wanted a new bed  in time for Christmas but I

Thanks for brightening our days, I have started to look forward to your posts .😂😂

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have got Michelle a fridge for Christmas.. 

I can't wait to see her little face light up when she opens it... 😊

The old ones are the best Kalos my friend... 

Andy 

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

😁 Each time I hear the advert for giving scratch cards as a gift on my favourite classical music radio station, I think 'Who on earth would actually do this?'  Now I know 😉 ..... and I can definitely appreciate the simplicity of it in this case!

Are you the only other person who's never bought a scratch card or lottery ticket?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Are you the only other person who's never bought a scratch card or lottery ticket?

Actually, I have!  To both, but rarely and never as a gift, however, my DH could join you in that club.  I was just hoping I didn't come across as judgemental because I'm certainly not on this issue, the post just made me laugh out loud because many times over the last month or so, when I've been writing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, or doing a jigsaw, an advert for giving scratch cards has come on the radio so I've really been bemused and pondered it extensively - sad I know.  I think I'm out of step on so many things these days 😄

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mrsgoggins said:

Actually, I have!  To both, but rarely and never as a gift, however, my DH could join you in that club.  I was just hoping I didn't come across as judgemental because I'm certainly not on this issue, the post just made me laugh out loud because many times over the last month or so, when I've been writing Christmas cards, wrapping presents, or doing a jigsaw, an advert for giving scratch cards has come on the radio so I've really been bemused and pondered it extensively - sad I know.  I think I'm out of step on so many things these days 😄

I'm not judgemental either (unless I'm in a queue behind someone buying them - the transaction seems to take forever). Just a product of a Methodist upbringing - it worked on any inclination towards  gambling but not on the wine.😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning all, 

Nearly Christmas... 

Are we all off panic buying last minute presents or tins of peas...

I have to buy a secret santa present for a lady with absolutely no sense of humour... Any ideas? 

Have a good day everyone 

Andy 

Secret santa once gave me a turkey baster

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I haven't either. 

Avril

Scratch card can be a very thoughtful gift if you know anyone with Chickenpox :classic_unsure:

I've just thought on .. Last night would have been Black (eyed) Friday.

Which is better known as just another Friday in Rotherham 

I hope you were not out on the rampage last night Avril ? :classic_wink:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, kalos said:

I will be having Turkey & Beef with a very good double helping of sprouts amongst other things .

Well it is Christmas after all . We eat sprouts all year round , they are one of the best foods on the planet for reducing cholesterol. As you say 19p &14p ..Bargain !

I’m not keen on sprouts at all and only have them at Christmas! I’m very pleased to say my cholesterol check done recently was a lovely 3.6 so I must be doing something right!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, kalos said:

I hope you were not out on the rampage last night Avril ? 

Not me kalos, those days are over. Nowadays you'll usually find me in a legless heap behind my sofa🥴

Only joking,( I'm normally under the table)🤣

Avril

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Not feeling very Christmassy at all here. We’re just about ready though. All of the presents  wrapped and decorations up since last weekend. 
Will be a quiet Christmas here (as for most people) just four of us - my parents being the other two, they live 10 minutes drive away so not much travel involved and only two households for one day.

First Christmas without my son for 30 years! When he started having girlfriends I was bracing myself not to see him Christmas Day but we’ve been lucky. Missing him and the grandson but hopefully it will be a much better Christmas next year. This morning I was sent a photo of our grandson making Christmas biscuits with his mum!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

I have got Michelle a fridge for Christmas.. 

I can't wait to see her little face light up when she opens it... 😊

The old ones are the best Kalos my friend... 

Andy 

If it's filled with enough of her favourite treats to last her until next Christmas I'm sure it will be fine 🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today's Advent Calendar wine:

IMG_1579.JPG

As soon as I read the label it made me think of Banga-banga talk from "Carry On Up The Jungle":

We've trekked far enough

for today, anyway. Upsidasi.

- What?

- Scout around, find camp site.

- Lookadikki?

- Dikkinookie, boss.

- What's all this dukkanikki-nukki stuff?

- That's Banga-banga talk.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I'm another none buyer.

Me too. It amazes me how many people buy scratch cards though. Most find out they have wasted their money before they even leave the shop. Even if they win a small amount, they just give it back by buying another one.

Shouldn’t forget though that some money goes to charity but most ‘charities’ they fund are not really charities I would choose to donate to. 

A total rip-off and akin to an extra voluntary tax, in many instances, for those who can least afford to pay it.

• Like 1