P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Annie.

I'm so sorry to hear your middle daughter and her husband might have caught Covid19.

I sincerely hope their covid19 is mild and they don't have to go to hospital and if they do it is only for a short time.

Very best wishes to you and your family.

Stay safe.

Graham x.

Thank you for your good wishes, Graham. They are young, fit and healthy and seem to be recovering already. Doing my best not to worry.

• Like 1

While sitting here posting I suddenly heard Christmas songs and motorbikes. Strange I thought, and went outside to look. Six motorbikes decorated with  coloured lights and the riders dressed as Santa🎅 were slowly riding down the road and singing at the tops of their voices. Most likely not legal, but wonderful nonetheless. My daughter said they had been around her village as well. Mobile covid era  carol singers😊

Avril

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kalos said:

You are not the only one Avril .Mrs Kalos has a forum she uses and it's for locals in our area.

A local A&E nurse sounds like she is at the end of her tether and you can bet her feelings are 

the same up and down the country as well ..... 

We are all trying. We are all tired & we all have family we are worried about too. Whether that be Covid19 related or the impact on their mental health. xx
��
‘The respect is gone.
The appreciation is gone.
The “thank you so much for working through this” has been replaced by “this is ridiculous”.
The threats of calling senior managers and being shouted at down the phone by understandably frustrated relatives are at an all time high.
The annoyed eye rolls and huffy sighs when you tell them “it shouldn’t be much longer, we are doing the best we can” are really starting to chip away at our morale.
The free coffee and meals are a thing of the past.
The hotel lights in the shape of hearts aren’t on anymore.
The neighbours that waved us off to work and told us to “stay safe” have gone back inside.
The community that displayed “heroes work here” signs have turned their backs on us.
And the local rag is back to pointing out our short comings
We are still here. We are still fighting. We are working harder than we ever have.
We are exhausted.
We are frustrated.
We are so emotionally and physically drained.
We are skipping breaks.
We are going in early and coming home late.
We are missing time with our families. We are doing THE. BEST. WE. CAN.
We aren’t “healthcare heroes” anymore. We have become slaves to this pandemic, and it is really exhausting.
So please, if you read this and for some reason find yourself needing us then please cut the staff some slack.
Try to be grateful. Try to have some respect. Please respect the NHS and emergency services ��❤️��

My mate’s wife (a senior nurse) says that vaccines are coming in vials of 6 doses in each vial. Some scheduled for jabs are not attending then some doses in the vial which are partly used have to be thrown away. More frustration for NHS staff.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, DamianG said:

My mate’s wife (a senior nurse) says that vaccines are coming in vials of 6 doses in each vial. Some scheduled for jabs are not attending then some doses in the vial which are partly used have to be thrown away. More frustration for NHS staff.

What a waste. Pity they can’t just vaccinate passing folks.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, DamianG said:

For the love of heaven, why do they make an appointment and not turn up!!! It just beggars belief. Now, what was I saying about selfish, inconsiderate........... nope. not going there again🤐 

Avril

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

For the love of heaven, why do they make an appointment and not turn up!!! It just beggars belief. Now, what was I saying about selfish, inconsiderate........... nope. not going there again🤐 

Avril

Deep breathe Avril. Don’t get upset at the actions of others, you can’t control what they do, only what you do.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Those who do not attend without informing the NHS vaccine program without good reason

should be sent to the very back of the queue -end of:classic_mellow:

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, Eglesbrech said:

What a waste. Pity they can’t just vaccinate passing folks.

It is a waste, but if people knew they could effectively jump the queue there would likely be crowds forming at vaccination points on the off chance they may get it. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

It is a waste, but if people knew they could effectively jump the queue there would likely be crowds forming at vaccination points on the off chance they may get it. 

That being the case phone someone in the priority groups. Someone would come running fast, I would for one!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes she was good too. I actually went to see the Tour at the O2 the year she won. So I saw her perform Jai Ho and luckily for me Ray Quinn was there too. Torvill and Dean also performed so it was a great show!

I saw it at the O2 that year too, it was fantastic!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eglesbrech said:

On a lighter note the house smells nice right now. I have been making mulled wine, home made is much nicer than the sugar loaded bottles from supermarkets. 

I made a batch of syrup from fresh spices and orange and use a decent red wine and some port. 

The smell is almost as good as the wine!

I’m planning on making our own mulled wine with red wine, spiced rum, oranges and ingredients from off the shelf spice jars, i.e. cinnamon, cloves, star anise and ground nutmeg. I haven’t worked out the balance yet but it’s going to fun tasting it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

We did Alaska last June, amazing.

We did our once in a lifetime Alaska cruise  ,Rocky Mountaineer, Rockies tour in June 2018, so we booked it again for 2020. Now cancelled, but rebooked for 2021. Who can say. Perhaps once in a lifetime,twice🤔

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We did our once in a lifetime Alaska cruise  ,Rocky Mountaineer, Rockies tour in June 2018, so we booked it again for 2020. Now cancelled, but rebooked for 2021. Who can say. Perhaps once in a lifetime,twice🤔

Yep, we were thinking of doing it next year with the coach across the Rockies, we had 4 days in Vancouver last time.