P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

8 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Yep, we were thinking of doing it next year with the coach across the Rockies, we had 4 days in Vancouver last time.

We have booked 2 nights in Vancouver, 7 night Celebrity cruise and a 10 night Globus Rockies tour ending in Calgary. BA have now stopped flying from Calgary, so we have cancelled the flights. Decision time isn't til mid April. All a bit loose at the moment.

4 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

For the love of heaven, why do they make an appointment and not turn up!!! It just beggars belief. Now, what was I saying about selfish, inconsiderate........... nope. not going there again🤐 

Avril

It happens all the time. I make appointments for people with cardiology and respiratory conditions, regularly people don’t show up.

I really despair of people sometimes 😒

A woman ,an acquaintance,not friend,is collecting 84year old father and taking him from Norfolk to Gatwick area today, for Christmas, even though he has an appointment for his  vaccine tomorrow.I actually want to  slap her.No wonder we are in such 5h1t! People were mostly very  compliant during the first lockdown but as time has gone on,compliance has dropped  considerably, yet the pandemic is probably worse now.Government can only advise and when people choose to ignore  or tweak those rules to suit them.......this happens.

9 minutes ago, ohnonotmeagain said:

I really despair of people sometimes 😒

A woman ,an acquaintance,not friend,is collecting 84year old father and taking him from Norfolk to Gatwick area today, for Christmas, even though he has an appointment for his  vaccine tomorrow.I actually want to  slap her.No wonder we are in such 5h1t! People were mostly very  compliant during the first lockdown but as time has gone on,compliance has dropped  considerably, yet the pandemic is probably worse now.Government can only advise and when people choose to ignore  or tweak those rules to suit them.......this happens.

Oh dear that is bad.At least the son could take his father for his jab first before taking him to another part of the country.I hope he phones to say he isn't attending so someone else can have the vaccine.(I'm sure others attending the clinic or hospital would jump at the chance of having their vaccine early- I certainly would!)

11 hours ago, zap99 said:

We have booked 2 nights in Vancouver, 7 night Celebrity cruise and a 10 night Globus Rockies tour ending in Calgary. BA have now stopped flying from Calgary, so we have cancelled the flights. Decision time isn't til mid April. All a bit loose at the moment.

I was lucky enough to visit Calgary in the snow a few years ago, loved it. Walking round Prince’s Island was beautiful and the snowy view from the Calgary tower was amazing.  I’d love to go back one day.  I think we flew AirTransat.

Well a gloomy day here but we managed to go to an open air, socially distanced carol sing at a local church last night - all masked up etc etc. It was just nice to sing some carols - albeit in to a visor / mask. Freezing cold though !

Who is looking for the 'star' tonight ?

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well a gloomy day here but we managed to go to an open air, socially distanced carol sing at a local church last night - all masked up etc etc. It was just nice to sing some carols - albeit in to a visor / mask. Freezing cold though !

With a spot of luck, three wise men.  Do we have any left?  

Just now, Harry Peterson said:

With a spot of luck, three wise men.  Do we have any left?  

Mmmmmmmm, there may be some somewhere, but they'll be coming from the East - they certainly won't be coming from Westminster 😉

17 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Not if it's raining and with this thick dense grey cloud we have at the moment but the good news is we are into the daylight hours getting longer again .

At your carol service was it like that TV show where at the end of singing all clad in masks ,you all ended by chanting "Take It Off" :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Edited by kalos
Just now, kalos said:

Not if it's raining and with this thick dense grey cloud we have at the moment but the good news

is we are into the daylight hours getting longer again .

At your carol service was it like that TV show where at the end of singing all clad in masks ,you 

all ended by chanting "Take It Off" :classic_wink::classic_unsure:

Haven't a clue what you are talking about so this really made me laugh. What DO you mean ??????

7 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Haven't a clue what you are talking about so this really made me laugh. What DO you mean ??????

I have never watched it and I'm having nightmares here just looking it up ..:classic_ohmy:

Here you go .....

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

I have never watched it and I'm having nightmares here just looking it up ..:classic_ohmy:

Here you go .....

What program is this ? We have never seen it and say to be sure to avoid it in the future. 😁

50 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I’ll be looking for the star but I suspect there will be too much cloud if this morning is anything to go by.