Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, DamianG said:

I've been back at work 2 weeks now and Christmas Eve is usually a working day with an early finish. However, my new boss just told everyone to not bother logging in today and have a free day-off instead. How good is that?

 

I picked up our M&S food order at the scheduled time slot 7:30-8pm last night but still had to queue 25 minutes which was frustrating to say the least. Our 7-8am time slot at Sainsburys this morning worked out a lot better and there were just a few fellow insomniacs in store with me at that time so it was a much easier process. 

 

The fridge is loaded, presents are already wrapped and we've just got a bit of tidying up to do so we're pretty much all set for tomorrow.

 

Have a brilliant Christmas everyone!

 

KEEP SAFE and have a BRILLIANT CHRISTMAS Poster | Martin Stand | Keep  Calm-o-Matic

Cheers mate,and you.When I went out at 6.00 this morning for my power walk the queue for our local butcher was 200 mts long and half hour ago it was the same.I'll have to try it one day but not at Christmas.

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Happy birthday to your Sarah 🙂 

Well, we have ventured on to the Celebrity site just to price up cruises from Southampton for 2022.

Cough.

We priced up the APEX (if she is anything like her sister EDGE she will be a stunner) and have found that she will be in Southampton the same day we sail on Ventura.

Now Ventura was our least favourite ship but when we think we have paid £3,280 (approx) for an aft cabin on her and Apex is coming out at over £6,000 we will keep telling one another that we could have 2 cruises for the price of one when we see her and not have ship envy. Have to say, Celebrity is going AI now, but it has made us realise what a good deal we have just got for Ventura. OK some would say you get what you pay for, but that is quite a big difference.

(Not even going to add ... "If we go" as we are thinking positive today and we asked Santa on our list !)

Thanks Presto.

That is a big price difference.

Ventura is £ sterling  on board and no tips.

Celebrity is $ dollars and tips to pay plus 15% gratuity is added to every drink.

The Ventura aft balcony is lovely.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Presto.

That is a big price difference.

Ventura is £ sterling  on board and no tips.

Celebrity is $ dollars and tips to pay plus 15% gratuity is added to every drink.

The Ventura aft balcony is lovely.

Graham.

Celebrity is now all inclusive, so no tips and "free" drinks

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers mate,and you.When I went out at 6.00 this morning for my power walk the queue for our local butcher was 200 mts long and half hour ago it was the same.I'll have to try it one day but not at Christmas.

Fail to plan, plan to fail comes to mind. Says I'm alright jack 😲

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Fail to plan, plan to fail comes to mind. Says I'm alright jack 😲

I think they all had time slots,but no piece of meat is worth all that hassle.Sainsbury had loads of their best turkeys still in stock today and no queues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, batholiver said:

That from you of all people? ☺️

Ah, Christmas. Peace on Earth and Goodwill to all Men...... so please hush for a while🤫

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year😊

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kalos said:

 

 

                                                 2018-christmas-puppy-animation.gif.88f746613152039762ee788cb0d42cee.gif

Not long now and you will be receiving  those horrible presents like 
musical Christmas socks.  The worst Christmas gift of all time for me was 
.. A Bonnie Tyler sat nav. It kept  on telling me to “turn around”
and every now and then it falls apart.
Still, it was not as bad as the U2 one, where the streets have no names, and I

still haven't found what I'm looking for.
Christmas time is when lots of countries like to join in with the festive fun ..
Like the  father in Iraq  who presented  his daughter with a new bag.
The girl replied: Thanks for the Baghdad !
Do you have a hidden talent? 
I have this weird ability to tell what is inside wrapped presents
people often ask me how do  do it ... I tell them  "It's a gift"


Got the wife's Christmas present today ,it's an alarm clock but if you hit the

snooze button it swears at you .

If she thinks she's having a lie in she's in for a rude awakening .

 

The Mrs can get  a bit moody  if she doesn't  like her present.
 She said that if I bought her one more stupid gift she would burn it.. 
So I've bought her a Candle


Last Christmas I got this book about an immortal dog...... I  just couldn't put it down.
We will miss my Gran at this years Christmas dinner, she's fit for her age . ...  
she is  99 years old and still doesn't need glasses...She drinks straight from the bottle !
This Christmas , I'm sending telepathic gifts to everyone ...
Well they do say  it's the thought that counts.


What Christmas carol do they like to sing at a Psychiatric hospital?
🎶Do you hear what I hear? 🎶
 I bought a Christmas tree today. The shopkeeper asked me

" if I was going to put it up myself." I said "No, it can go  in our  living room "


Christmas is a  magical time for most kids , I remember when aged about five I nearly 
choked on a jigsaw , I blame my dad as he said "It was piece of cake "
I have just opened a  Christmas card  and a load of rice fell out of it ..
I think it's off  my Uncle Benn .

 

Christmas  is a time for having fun ! I scared the postman today by showing up to

the door completely naked...I'm not sure what him scared him more, the fact I was naked
 or that I knew where he lived. :classic_unsure:
I  hope I managed to make you smile for a while, it has not been an easy year 
for all of us but I hope you all have a Happy and safe Christmas !

All my best wishes to you and your loved ones .

 

Take care ...Kalos     252055033_xchristmastreemerry.gif.2fc5e21ed2a76c2f730fd87e5ec4baca.gif

 

 

 

 

 

Thanks Kalos for all the laughs and chuckles.

Merry Christmas to you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Free drinks to a certain price usually with the DP.

As Presto said it is still double the price of Ventura aft balcony.

Totally agree - I think Celebrity realised that the premium price that they were charging,  plus the cost of drinks and tips,  were losing them UK customers,  hence the move to all inclusive pricing. Celebrity are obviously way above P&O in terms of quality, but I don't think the premium is worth 100% more.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Cheers mate,and you.When I went out at 6.00 this morning for my power walk the queue for our local butcher was 200 mts long and half hour ago it was the same.I'll have to try it one day but not at Christmas.

I just want to wish you and your family a very Happy Christmas and a much better 2021 bro. I've enjoyed our virtual meals and visits to Italy over the months, It wasn't, cruising but it was fun. Cheers 🥂

Take care

Sis

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Totally agree - I think Celebrity realised that the premium price that they were charging,  plus the cost of drinks and tips,  were losing them UK customers,  hence the move to all inclusive pricing. Celebrity are obviously way above P&O in terms of quality, but I don't think the premium is worth 100% more.

Our D+ RCG loyalty affords us Elite level in Captain club so for us the All Inclusive is not a good deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Not sure how they would show proof.  Their home address would be on their driving licence.  Majority of our second homeowners are on zero rated Business Rates, so they can't show that either!

I forgot that your lot get away without paying council tax. Our lot have a council tax bill (and not everyone drives).

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our D+ RCG loyalty affords us Elite level in Captain club so for us the All Inclusive is not a good deal.

As we are never going to reach that level, AI deals are of interest to us.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, wowzz said:

As we are never going to reach that level, AI deals are of interest to us.

In my experience the price is upped to include the AI.

A couple of years ago we got the UK free drinks package on Freedom of the seas out of Barcelona for 7 night's.

The price was over £500 more than we paid on Harmony in her maiden season the year before on the exact same itinerary and date.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the mulled wine is on to give the house some festive smell. Everything is done, all ready for tomorrow.

 

We shall be out at 6pm ringing our bells.

 

Merry Christmas to you all, while it won’t be quite the same as usual I hope you find a measure of joy and peace this Christmas. Remember, the light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never overcome it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Eglesbrech said:

Well the mulled wine is on to give the house some festive smell. Everything is done, all ready for tomorrow.

 

We shall be out at 6pm ringing our bells.

 

Merry Christmas to you all, while it won’t be quite the same as usual I hope you find a measure of joy and peace this Christmas. Remember, the light shines in the darkness and the darkness can never overcome it. 

I agree completely with your last statement but this year the darkness seems to have been quite close to winning the struggle.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In my experience the price is upped to include the AI.

A couple of years ago we got the UK free drinks package on Freedom of the seas out of Barcelona for 7 night's.

The price was over £500 more than we paid on Harmony in her maiden season the year before on the exact same itinerary and date.

 

 

Absolutely true, nothing is for free, Azamara went more inclusive years ago but the prices went up considerably.

They are not all inclusive and I believe Celebrity will be the same, you will still pay for premium drinks and speciality restaurants.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

In my experience the price is upped to include the AI.

A couple of years ago we got the UK free drinks package on Freedom of the seas out of Barcelona for 7 night's.

The price was over £500 more than we paid on Harmony in her maiden season the year before on the exact same itinerary and date.

 

I'm sure that Celebrity have adjusted their pricing to take into account the drinks package, no tips,  free wifi etc. What it may do, is attract those passengers that in the past would have avoided Celebrity because of the high cost of these items,  plus the fx rate. Knowing that the price you see for the cruise is the actual price you will pay  with regards to drinks and tips ( with the obvious exception of speciality meals etc)  is a major benefit. 

Whether that price is worth it, is obviously down to the individual.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

 

Absolutely true, nothing is for free, Azamara went more inclusive years ago but the prices went up considerably.

They are not all inclusive and I believe Celebrity will be the same, you will still pay for premium drinks and speciality restaurants.

I probably shouldn't have used the term "All Inclusive" with regards to Celebrity. They probably need to be careful  in how far they push up their prices to absorb the loss of drinks and tip revenues - they are expensive enough already!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team: New Ship Ultramarine
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...