P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

6 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Gill, take care.  Sorry you are on your own. xx

Thanks Jean. It’s a shame Covid has ruined this Christmas, but I count my blessings as I have a lovely warm house, enough food, good friends whom I will be talking to tomorrow and of course my dog. I am a lot luckier than many this year......

• Like 11

24 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

And a Merry Christmas to everyone here from me. It’s going to be very odd and quiet here tomorrow with just the two of us! We will probably eat and drink too much! I keep thinking tomorrow is a Sunday. 🥳🥂🎉  🎁 

Just had a message that our little grandson insisted on taking Rudolph’s carrot to bed with him 😃😱

Merry Christmas Sue.

Just Pauline and me tomorrow too.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Thanks Jean. It’s a shame Covid has ruined this Christmas, but I count my blessings as I have a lovely warm house, enough food, good friends whom I will be talking to tomorrow and of course my dog. I am a lot luckier than many this year......

I just talked to my friend in London again.  One friend is coming round with a bag on her head at 0930?  Don't ask.  At 1100, she is going out with a flask of coffee to meet another single friend, going for a walk and then sitting down drinking the coffee and eating mince pies.  then at 1400 the two gay guys upstairs have invited her for drinkies.  I don't know why I worry about her!  LOL

• Like 9

Just now, jeanlyon said:

I just talked to my friend in London again.  One friend is coming round with a bag on her head at 0930?  Don't ask.  At 1100, she is going out with a flask of coffee to meet another single friend, going for a walk and then sitting down drinking the coffee and eating mince pies.  then at 1400 the two gay guys upstairs have invited her for drinkies.  I don't know why I worry about her!  LOL

Other than the bag over her head (??) 😆 that sounds lovely.

I do miss having coffee or lunch with friends.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Great to hear you all eating so well tonight. It all sounds delicious.
I’m saving myself for tomorrow’s blowout! As there is only me I will no doubt eat and drink too much.....

Wishing everyone a good Christmas Day tomorrow.

Gill x

Wishing you a very merry Christmas Gill.

I'm sure your lovely dog will help you eat your excess meat.

Graham.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Sounds like she is going to have a busy time tomorrow.

Edited by grapau27
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Bless you Gill. 

Have a nice peaceful day, we are all here if you need some company. 

Andy & Michelle xx

• Like 5

312522.jpg.fa4da2470fa44cbfdb50f13489e9074c.jpg  

A Christmas Ghost Story 

It was the night before Christmas
Three men were stumbling their way home after having several drinks after work,

at the local pub.

Unfortunately on their way home, they were struck by a car and all died instantly.
Moments later, they all found themselves in front of the pearly gates of heaven,
 Saint Peter was waiting in front of the gates himself.
“Welcome to heaven, unfortunately it’s the silly season and we are very busy inside,

so I have to insist, unless you have something relating to Christmas with you, you will

need to go down there”. As he pointed to the steps of hell .

The first person walked up and pulled a Christmas card out of their inside pocket and

handed it over to Saint Peter. “This is fine, in you go then” he said.

The second person walked up and pulled out an carrot, gave it to Saint Peter and

said “it’s for the reindeers”“Well..Erm . okay” Saint Peter begrudgingly agreed gesturing

for him  to walk in.

The third and final person walked forward and remembered a present he had been given

earlier that evening, and presented a pair of skimpy panties to Saint Peter.
“I don’t know what kind of establishment you think this is but...”

“Oh these things .. they’re Carol’s”  interrupted  the man . :classic_unsure:

• Like 6
  • Haha 3

Sending my best wishes to you all this Christmas! 

I'm actually feeling quite guilty that we can still have our daughter, son in law and baby round over Christmas when so many people are on their own.

There will be 6 of us & baby but I’m used to catering for 12+ most Christmases so I expect we’ll have way too much food.
We had a family zoom Christmas quiz this evening with my parents, kids, sister & her family and will be FaceTiming my parents & in-laws tomorrow. 

I think it’s my parents first Christmas Day on their own since 1968, but at least they have each other 😊

• Like 5

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

And a Merry Christmas to everyone here from me. It’s going to be very odd and quiet here tomorrow with just the two of us! We will probably eat and drink too much! I keep thinking tomorrow is a Sunday. 🥳🥂🎉  🎁 

Just had a message that our little grandson insisted on taking Rudolph’s carrot to bed with him 😃😱

Oh how lovely!

Ours went to bed dressed as an elf, he did not look impressed on FaceTime poor baby 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sorry, just one just post.

The independent Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts that over the long term, the UK economy will be 4% smaller with a new trade deal - than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU.

Happy, impoverished Christmas to us all.  Donate to your local food bank now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Wise move 😉

Enjoy the rest of your evening and have a good day tomorrow -- and hope the headache clears up easily

You've never worked for an Irish company!  Up and ready tomorrow - plenty of water with the wine is the answer. 

54 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The independent Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts that over the long term, the UK economy will be 4% smaller with a new trade deal - than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU.

Happy, impoverished Christmas to us all.  Donate to your local food bank now.

They can forecast all they like but who is ever going to be able to say whether they were right or wrong.  I would love a job where I could say anything with the absolute certainty that no one could ever prove me wrong, or right for that matter.

Edited by terrierjohn
  • Like 2

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

A guesstimate of 4 per cent compounded over about 11 years, but only  if our global trade remained static as of today, without any increase in World Trade, or an increase in business, financial services or any other element.