P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

A very Merry Christmas to everyone, from a frosty, sunny Barnsley. I hope Santa left you all some lovely presents, as you've been good all year. The turkey's in the oven and everything's prepared, so on with the festivities. No matter how many is at your table this year, have a lovely time.🥰

Avril

Thanks Avril.

It's a cold,frosty and sunny day here too.

I hope you and Frank have a wonderful day.

We are preparing our Christmas lunch now.

We are making a lunch for Pauline's brother who lives alone and we will drop it off at his home 3 miles away then we will come back home and finish cooking our Christmas lunch then we will sit and watch more DVDs of the Crown.

Graham

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Great to hear you all eating so well tonight. It all sounds delicious.
I’m saving myself for tomorrow’s blowout! As there is only me I will no doubt eat and drink too much.....

Wishing everyone a good Christmas Day tomorrow.

Gill x

If you need a chat, I shall be be lurking around the forum about 6/7ish Can't promise to be totally coherent, but I can give it a go🤣

Avril

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, kalos said:

So who is having Yorkshire Pudding today ?

Will it be an option with your Christmas Dinner ?

Just reading that nearly half the UK now do so and why not ? 

For the record ..Yes we are   but whatever you have ,enjoy :classic_smile:

We are but I usually give Pauline or our Sarah when we are eating out my Yorkshire pudding.

• Like 1

Just now, Adawn47 said:

If you need a chat, I shall be be lurking around the forum about 6/7ish Can't promise to be totally coherent, but I can give it a go🤣

Avril

I post all the time on my mobile and it is glued to me so expect a post from me anytime.🤓

12 hours ago, jeanlyon said:

I just talked to my friend in London again.  One friend is coming round with a bag on her head at 0930?  Don't ask.  At 1100, she is going out with a flask of coffee to meet another single friend, going for a walk and then sitting down drinking the coffee and eating mince pies.  then at 1400 the two gay guys upstairs have invited her for drinkies.  I don't know why I worry about her!  LOL

Neither do I Jean. She sounds to be living it up more than we are.

Avril

• Like 1

Merry Christmas to everyone, we are having our main meal later but are currently cooking home made sausage rolls for a buffet lunch with our Daughter in law and younger Grandson.

Our older Grandson has stayed at university in a tier 4 area not wishing to bring any infection home to his family.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry, just one just post.

The independent Office for Budget Responsibility forecasts that over the long term, the UK economy will be 4% smaller with a new trade deal - than it would have been if the UK had stayed in the EU.

Happy, impoverished Christmas to us all.  Donate to your local food bank now.

Now this Wowzz I know😉

Merry Deal-Done-Brexit wowzz 🎅

Avril

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Merry Christmas to everyone, we are having our main meal later but are currently cooking home made sausage rolls for a buffet lunch with our Daughter in law and younger Grandson.

Our older Grandson has stayed at university in a tier 4 area not wishing to bring any infection home to his family.

Sorry that you won't be seeing your older grandson but so pleased that he is being sensible about not bringing any infection home to you especially with your younger grandson's health problems.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, kalos said:

So who is having Yorkshire Pudding today ?

Will it be an option with your Christmas Dinner ?

Just reading that nearly half the UK now do so and why not ? 

For the record ..Yes we are   but whatever you have ,enjoy :classic_smile:

It's not a 'proper' dinner without Yorkshire puds. There's always some room on the plate for a few.

Avril

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Sorry that you won't be seeing your older grandson but so pleased that he is being sensible about not bringing any infection home to you especially with your younger grandson's health problems.

He is a very sensible young man so much like his Father was at that age.

The other thing is that he will be 21 on New Year's Eve just spending it with a few good friends that he shares a house with in Sheffield..

Whoooohoo who needs a vaccine.

2. Dark chocolate and grapes 

Institute: North Carolina State University  

Flavanols are a group of chemical compounds found in many different food products, including green tea, muscadine grapes, dark chocolate, blueberries and wine. 

They have been linked with various health benefits, including improved blood circulation in the legs of over-60s and improved mental agility.   

Researchers from the US wanted to see if a sub-group, known as flavan-3-ols, could boost a person's immune system to help fight coronavirus, and focused on the aforementioned Mpro enzyme. 

'Mpro in SARS-CoV-2 is required for the virus to replicate and assemble itself,' said study author Professor De-Yu Xie. 'If we can inhibit or deactivate this protease, the virus will die.' 

The study, published in December in the journal Frontiers in Plant Science, found the flavan-3-ols can bind to Mpro, preventing its function and therefore hindering its ability to replicate and spread.

'Green tea has five tested chemical compounds that bind to different sites in the pocket on Mpro, essentially overwhelming it to inhibit its function,' Xie said. 

'Muscadine grapes contain these inhibitory chemicals in their skins and seeds.'

Writing in their study, the researchers say that considering there is no effective medicine yet for Covid-19, 'these data recommend that these nutraceutical compounds and

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

It is our first Christmas alone for us too but we have got used to being together after 40 years so we will make the best of it. Family Zoom session this afternoon, should be a riot with those who have not done it before.  We have just opened the presents and people seem to have been worried that we wouldn't have enough food and drink judging be the wine and food goodies that we have recieved, enough wine, chocolates, fancy teas and biscuits to last us until next Christmas.😂😂  

The family came around for Christmas 😅

IMG_20201225_104856.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Hope you have a fantastic day Gill.

Hope you and Pauline have a great Christmas. After having Covid you really deserve a very merry Christmas.
Hopefully your taste is now fully back so you can enjoy the Brussel Sprouts in all their glory! 
Gill x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Hope you and Pauline have a great Christmas. After having Covid you really deserve a very merry Christmas.
Hopefully your taste is now fully back so you can enjoy the Brussel Sprouts in all their glory! 
Gill x

Thanks Gill we will have our first glass of wine in 8 weeks  since when we were last at the Lake District.

Christmas dinner in the oven.

Take care and I hope you have a nice day.

Graham x

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

Happy Christmas to you all from an unusually sunny Glasgow!  Thanks for all your banter throughout the past months helping to keep us sane!    Angel57 I also live alone but am lucky my son and partner will shortly be here for the rest of the day.  Hope your day is as good as it can be. 🎄🥂

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Happy Christmas to you all from an unusually sunny Glasgow!  Thanks for all your banter throughout the past months helping to keep us sane!    Angel57 I also live alone but am lucky my son and partner will shortly be here for the rest of the day.  Hope your day is as good as it can be. 🎄🥂

Thank you.
I’ve had lots of phone calls and a lovely FaceTime chat with my Goddaughter whom I adore. Technology can be a pain but this year has been a godsend.

Have a lovely day. 🎅🏻🎄

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Happy Christmas to you@ ilovemygarden.

Hope you have a lovely day with your son and his partner.

Graham.