P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, kalos said:

So who is having Yorkshire Pudding today ?

Will it be an option with your Christmas Dinner ?

Just reading that nearly half the UK now do so and why not ? 

For the record ..Yes we are   but whatever you have ,enjoy :classic_smile:

Nope, no room in the oven! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

This a the picture of the jigsaw that David has had from my niece for Christmas, just looking at the picture makes my eyes go wonky.  He should be occupied for  a while doing this 🤣🤣

IMG_20201225_110327.jpg

I suspect it is harder to do when you are sober. A good excuse for not being?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Happy Christmas one and all, got a calendar from our grandson with a gorgeous picture of him for each month! Lovely. We also seem to have quite a few chocolates and wine as presents! 
Eagerly waiting for a video call later from son and grandson.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, kalos said:

So who is having Yorkshire Pudding today ?

Will it be an option with your Christmas Dinner ?

Just reading that nearly half the UK now do so and why not ? 

For the record ..Yes we are   but whatever you have ,enjoy :classic_smile:

Yep we are, our Beth would have a tantrum if we didn't.. 

I think it's an addiction.. 😊

Andy 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Happy Christmas one and all, got a calendar from our grandson with a gorgeous picture of him for each month! Lovely. We also seem to have quite a few chocolates and wine as presents! 

How lovely to have a different photo of your grandson each month.

I have been given 2 x litres of Courvoisier Brandy from friends and family. They know me well.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

We love those calendars, we have had one every year since 2008 when my niece's son was 8 months old.  Since his sister was born  they have had an equal number of photos of each of them and the dog's photo is on the front.  It is lovely to look back through them and see the children growing up.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Enjoy.

Any unwanted Courvoisier will be greatly received here. The litre of bottles of VSOP usually form our takeaway from cruising. Handy tip - it is much cheaper to buy it on the ship from room service rather than ‘duty free’. On one cruise I asked duty free to price match against room service. They wouldn’t because they said room service menu is only for drinking on the ship. We both left with a litre from room service in each of our 2 cases, plus the remains of a bottle we had opened and part drunk in our cabin.

• Like 2

We have just finished Christmas dinner and although there were only the 2 of us we had Christmas crackers and served ourselves from dishes rather than the usual of me putting it out on a plate so it made it different.Lovely crisp morning so we walked to Church (pre booked seats and socially distanced!)and as we walked back through the park we noticed 2 groups of families unwrapping their 'christmas' lunch.Lovely idea if they didn't want to go in the others house and particularly lovely that it wasn;t raining! I shall now listen to my new CD from my son 'Cruising with Jane Macdonald vol 2 !!(Am I allowed to confess on CC that I like Jane Macdonald?!)This evening we may even watch my new DVD 'Mama Mia Here we go again (sing a long version)Enjoy the rest of the day

• Like 9

Hi guys,I've never had a Christmas dinner this early for a long time,for obvious reasons.This board also has never been so busy on this day.This year has brought us all together and when this crap is all over,long may it continue.All the dress code and buffet eticate threads will be triviality.Let's all keep in contact after all this is gone.The count of posts here speaks for itself,cheers,Brian.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, pete14 said:

Any unwanted Courvoisier will be greatly received here. The litre of bottles of VSOP usually form our takeaway from cruising. Handy tip - it is much cheaper to buy it on the ship from room service rather than ‘duty free’. On one cruise I asked duty free to price match against room service. They wouldn’t because they said room service menu is only for drinking on the ship. We both left with a litre from room service in each of our 2 cases, plus the remains of a bottle we had opened and part drunk in our cabin.

That's an excellent tip - thanks. Had no idea. 

59 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi guys,I've never had a Christmas dinner this early for a long time,for obvious reasons.This board also has never been so busy on this day.This year has brought us all together and when this crap is all over,long may it continue.All the dress code and buffet eticate threads will be triviality.Let's all keep in contact after all this is gone.The count of posts here speaks for itself,cheers,Brian.

Brilliantly put Brian .

• Like 1

Still had no dinner, went to the Daughter in laws for a lunchtime buffet.

Found that the Cat was very unwell, ended up making a trip to the emergency vet in York.

The Cat has passed away, nobody feels like dinner now, will make do with a Chicken sandwich, what a year.

5 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

Still had no dinner, went to the Daughter in laws for a lunchtime buffet.

Found that the Cat was very unwell, ended up making a trip to the emergency vet in York.

The Cat has passed away, nobody feels like dinner now, will make do with a Chicken sandwich, what a year.

What a horrible thing to happen, it is devastating when a pet dies.☹️