P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

5 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I think most of us would rather be talking about cruise related subjects.

While in lockdown EU and Brexit is constantly on the news unfortunately so understandable it is also mentioned on here where most of us are bored because we cannot go to pubs, restaurants or on cruises.

It is not compulsory to read every post.

Graham.

I posted a question about the Retreat earlier - if anyone has an answer please pop over there and help me out. NO mention of C or B I promise

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

It’s also boring when people continually try to control what is spoken about 

Or it turns ugly and they start throwing derogatory remarks at each other, which 

the rest of us then have to endure or take Grahams advice and scroll on by .

Not nice when you see posters who end up wanting not to post anymore which 

happens too often .:classic_unsure:

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, kalos said:

Or it turns ugly and they start throwing derogatory remarks at each other, which 

the rest of us then have to endure or take Grahams advice and scroll on by .

Not nice when you see posters who end up wanting not to post anymore which 

happens too often .:classic_unsure:

Absolutely agree.

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Reading through all the posts since yesterday morning you all seem to have had a  good day.

My daughter and hubby came here for breakfast before we all went to my mother's for the day. Mum didn't want us to go as she would be on her own again, especially as we have moved into tier 2.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I think most of us would rather be talking about cruise related subjects.

While in lockdown EU and Brexit is constantly on the news unfortunately so understandable it is also mentioned on here where most of us are bored because we cannot go to pubs, restaurants or on cruises.

It is not compulsory to read every post.

Graham.

I think if because we cannot cruise all certain people can talk about is brexit and pushing their own views i.e. brexiteer or remainer and going on and on and on then they must have very boring lives if they cannot talk about something else. Some are still moaning about the vote in 2016 it is history now and you cannot change history so we should move on now and think of the future whatever your views.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

I think if because we cannot cruise all certain people can talk about is brexit and pushing their own views i.e. brexiteer or remainer and going on and on and on then they must have very boring lives if they cannot talk about something else. Some are still moaning about the vote in 2016 it is history now and you cannot change history so we should move on now and think of the future whatever your views.

I never raise any political point. Sometimes threads jog along quite nicely. Like the last couple of days then " back to reality, look what BBC said. All doom". Sorry but I can't resist offering an alternative view. No more, that's it, never again. I promise. Let's see if anyone else does that🤔

38 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

so we should move on now and think of the future whatever your views.

Looking to the future...

2021 should be good year .Granddad trying to explain  to the grandkids  how he's

now a Zoomer who is a Baby Boomer :classic_wacko:   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

The news on TV  is all about Covid19 and Brexit.

It is only natural that it is mentioned on here.

I have heard about Brexit, covid19, tipping threads etc many times but wouldn't complain if people post on these subjects because they have as much right as me to post.

It is easy to scroll past any posts or threads you don't find interesting.

• Like 2

I think it's time to batten down the hatches here.The wind is really beginning to pick up now. It's howling down the side of the house and the rain is hitting the windows with some force. The kind of night to snuggle down under the covers.

Avril

13 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that everyone is feeling well this morning after the over indulgence that most of of us are guilty of yesterday.

I have decided that my best present yesterday was a box of teas, I don't drink regular tea, just chamomile but my niece have me a box of fruit teas so I tried one this moning, Rose, Chamomile and Lavender and it was the best flavour I have ever tried.I

What has been your best present this year.

My favourite present is the calendar given to us by our ‘grandson’ every month with a lovely picture of him on it 😊

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I think it's time to batten down the hatches here.The wind is really beginning to pick up now. It's howling down the side of the house and the rain is hitting the windows with some force. The kind of night to snuggle down under the covers.

Avril

I thought I would just open the bedroom window a little bit. Bad move. My stuffed crab nearly went flyabout. ( Don't ask)🤣

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

The wind is howling down here! I really hate the wind, hope it’s not going to cause too much damage!

Just now, P&O SUE said:

The wind is howling down here! I really hate the wind, hope it’s not going to cause too much damage!

I used to worry a lot during the gales when we had the fir trees in the garden. We had them removed three years ago so now I'm more relaxed. The only thing to worry about now is the chimney pot.😁

Avril

• Like 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

The news on TV  is all about Covid19 and Brexit.

It is only natural that it is mentioned on here.

I have heard about Brexit, covid19, tipping threads etc many times but wouldn't complain if people post on these subjects because they have as much right as me to post.

It is easy to scroll past any posts or threads you don't find interesting.

Well said Graham. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I used to worry a lot during the gales when we had the fir trees in the garden. We had them removed three years ago so now I'm more relaxed. The only thing to worry about now is the chimney pot.😁

Avril

I never used to think about the wind until 5 years and our chimney actually cracked under the strength of the wind.  Luckily we live in a bungalow so we very quickly spotted a damp spot on the ceiling of the lounge before any serious damage was done but it was still a big job.

Edited by Josy1953

14 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I never used to think about the wind until 5 years and our chimney actually cracked under the strength of the wind.  Luckily we live in a bungalow so we very quickly spotted a damp spot on the ceiling of the lounge before any serious damage was done but it was still a big job.

The worst we had was a few years ago and it had snowed really heavy and it sat

pretty thick on our house roof. Days passed by and there it sat(must have done a good job 

with the loft insulation )

One day we heard such a rumble and when I went outside ,sure enough the roof was clear of

snow but it had brought down a big part of the facia boards and guttering with it .:classic_ohmy:

That is the only part of winter cruising/ holidays that bothered me and you find out that 

we have bad weather back home , part of me is only happy, once home and I can see

that their is no damage to our property.

• Like 3