P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Happy New Year everyone!!

Thank you everyone for posting in 2020 and making my day more interesting reading all your comments.

Fingers crossed for a better 2021 and maybe we might get to go on a cruise 

Michelle

Happy New Year Michelle.

Graham.

Lovely frosty morning and beautiful sunrise this morning here in Christchurch, I’m home safely now and a good firework display on the motorway last night .

I want to thank you all on here for being such good people and helping everyone out at times of need and giving encouragement to one another through this difficult year ,you all fill like brothers and sisters to me and I hope you all are going to have a fantastic year a head and stay safe and well and all those that are waiting operations don’t have to wait to long 

Sandra 

• Like 17

17 minutes ago, purplesea said:

A bit of good news to start the year my daughter has just rung to say that her brother, sister and herself have had their Covid test results back and are all negative. 

Great news.

Happy New Year to you all.

Graham.

Happy New Year. Let’s hope it is better for all of us.

In spite of the minus 3 temperature last night the doors were open to let the old year out and the new year firmly in. 

This morning is a beautiful, chilly, sunshine morning, hopefully a portent of brighter days to come in 2021.

Last night was the quietest hogmanay I have ever spent. I’m sure we all miss seeing friends and family but hanging in for a few months more will hopefully see more normality. 

• Like 8

Happy New Year everyone, I've been following posts on here for a while now and thought it's about time I stopped lurking and joined in. Strangely enough I did post on the Royal Caribbean forum a few years ago but my profile shows zero posts so they must be in cyberspace somewhere 😂

• Like 13

4 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Happy New Year everyone, I've been following posts on here for a while now and thought it's about time I stopped lurking and joined in. Strangely enough I did post on the Royal Caribbean forum a few years ago but my profile shows zero posts so they must be in cyberspace somewhere 😂

Welcome to the forum, good to have you along, let's hope we manage to have some cruises to chat about this year.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Welcome Nicki, 

Happy New year to you. 

Andy 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Welcome Nicki-k.

I lurked for a while too before posting, but they are a great bunch of people on this forum and I always look forward to reading everyone’s posts.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Welcome to the forum, good to have you along, let's hope we manage to have some cruises to chat about this year.

Let's hope so John, I'm booked to go to the Fjords on Aurora in August. Under normal circumstances I would be planning like crazy but I sadly think this holiday is very unlikely to happen. Ever the optimist I will wait to the balance due date in May to make the decision.

• Like 1

Happy New Year everyone, although Rolo would not agree.  Bloody fireworks at 9pm (no idea why), then again at 11 when we left the EU and finally loads of fireworks at midnight. It's only a very small town/village.  Couldn't find him anywhere, then finally found him squashed between the wardrobe and chest of drawers, totally terrified and trembling.  Took an hour to stop it.  Sigh.

rolo1.jpg

Edited by jeanlyon
  • Like 8

9 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Welcome Nicki-k.

I lurked for a while too before posting, but they are a great bunch of people on this forum and I always look forward to reading everyone’s posts.

Thank you Angel,  it's always good to read a range of advice and opinions and I love the humour on here.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jeanlyon said:

Happy New Year everyone, although Rolo would not agree.  Bloody fireworks at 9pm (no idea why), then again at 11 when we left the EU and finally loads of fireworks at midnight. It's only a very small town/village.  Couldn't find him anywhere, then finally found him squashed between the wardrobe and chest of drawers, totally terrified and trembling.  Took an hour to stop it.  Sigh.

Oh poor Rolo.
A few fireworks went off here at 5pm and then at 7pm which caught me off guard. I’d expected 11pm and midnight. Luckily they were not too loud.

• Like 1

Aww bless him Jean!

I saw no point in staying up as John is working today (starts at 6am) but we were both wide awake at midnight as  the noise from the fireworks was ridiculous! I don’t know where they all came from! 

Wish  we had sunshine, very dull and dreary here. Normally like to plan a few things to look forward to in January but obviously can’t. My least favourite month, just have to hunker down and get through it.

3 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

rolo1.jpg

Poor Rolo, hope he's okay today.

We've been woken by fireworks at 1am on the 2 nights prior to New Year's Eve and last night was unbelievably loud from 11pm onwards until about 12:30pm. Our older guinea pig is noticeably grumpy today.

Our son wanted to stay up for the first time so we went along with it though I dozed off on the settee around 11:15pm for a while. We realised that it was the first time that we'd stayed up for the New Year since being on the Oriana 2011/12 Christmas cruise (sigh...).

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

Welcome to the forum Nicki, we’re not not too scary, honest!

• Like 2

After my post moanings a while back, an update. Tuesday 29th December 13 items of post including 6 Christmas cards!! The next day 1 item, the one I was waiting for, a card from my sister with a gift voucher each in it for John and I! Phew! I can stop peering at the door now 😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 1