P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We have always taken ours down(baubles kalos) before 12th Night as we're not superstitious, however, considering how 2020 turned out I don't think we''ll be risking it this year, we need all the help we can get🤞😉

Avril

-2 and a covering of snow this morning.

Our heating ignition went off this morning and reset would not work so waiting for our gas engineer to call us back.☹️🥶

Snowing for last hour, phone just pinged with Yellow Warning of Snow until midnight, -3C outside, don’t think I will be clearing the greenhouse today for its annual garlic smoke disinfecting. 

Brr Graham

Hope the cavalry arrives soon

Josy - ouch.  My neighbour is doing a ‘stairway to Everest’ challenge.  Climbing stairs to equate to the height of Everest.  She is scheduled to complete in about 2 weeks time, having started at the start of December.  She’s asking for donations to the Migraine Trust.  I have made one

It’s chilly but not icy here and beautifully sunny - in fact it’s quite pleasant in the sun.  

Well, having read all of the latest posts I decided that I now know who Avril reminds me of in her photo.

download.jpg

Edited by Presto2
Got me 'knows' and 'nows' mixed up
15 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well, having read all of the latest posts I decided that I now know who Avril reminds me of in her photo.

download.jpg

:classic_smile:  Carry on Barnsley :classic_smile:

12 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

download.jpg

Well thank you Presto. Joan Sims was a very attractive woman when she was younger. At least I didn't remind you of Sid James🤣

Avril

45 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Our heating ignition went off this morning and reset would not work so waiting for our gas engineer to call us back.☹️🥶

On some of the more modern  G C H Systems my BiL  a Heating engineer told me 

Some of his call out's he used to turn the power supply off to the unit for 5 mins .

The circuit boards can throw a "STEZZIE" (His terminology ) and when fired back up

everything works fine again ,

Worth a shot if you can isolate the power , it's a bit like when the PC plays up :classic_wink:

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

On some of the more modern  G C H Systems my BiL  a Heating engineer told me 

Some of his call out's he used to turn the power supply off to the unit for 5 mins .

The circuit boards can throw a "STEZZIE" (His terminology ) and when fired back up

everything works fine again ,

Worth a shot if you can isolate the power , it's a bit like when the PC plays up :classic_wink:

Thanks Kalos.

I have turned the electric switch off twice but no joy.

Last night the ignition light on our Potterton unit was flashing red and I pressed reset and it worked 

Unfortunately this morning the reset would not work and the red light is flashing all the time.

Edited by grapau27
1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks Kalos.

I have turned the electric switch off twice but no joy.

Last night the ignition light on our Potterton unit was flashing red and I pressed reset and it worked 

Unfortunately this morning the reset would not work. 

If it's a combi boiler a common fault is the outside drain pipe freezing up, 

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

Yes this used to happen to ours. It's not a combi boiler but the condenser pipes did not have lagging. Even with lagging the cold can get into the joins. A few kettles of boiling water poured over the pipes thawed the frozen condensation and the boiler worked fine.

Pat

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

Thanks.

It is not a combi but a floor standing unit with a tank for hot water but there is an outside drain pipe so i will pour some warm water on that.

40 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Well thank you Presto. Joan Sims was a very attractive woman when she was younger. At least I didn't remind you of Sid James🤣

Avril

I know - we spent the whole of Christmas Day and part of Boxing Day watching them all - about the best thing on. Used to love her in When Time Goes By as well 🙂 

32 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

No you didn't. Correct grammar, well done✔️☺️

Avril

Didn't the first time though & it doesn't look good coming from a teacher 😉

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

I hope it get sorted quickly, this is not the weather for dodgy heating.

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone,. I hope that you all had a good time over New Year. l am back after spending new year's eve and day in bed unable to focus on anything due to a migraine.  I used to suffer very badly with migraines but hadn't had one for over 2 years so my medication had gone out of date and I had dumped it and not asked the doctor for a new supply so I had nothing to relieve it.  David went to the pharmacy and got some over the counter stuff but it was no use at all.  I now have to make an appointment to see the doc for a prescription again.

oh Josy I feel for you I used to suffer with them when I was younger it’s no fun what so ever, I hope you get your medication back soon quickly before you have another one 

Graham I hope your heating gets sorted out soon and it’s nothing to major.

Nice to see your face again Mr &Mrs Kalos 🙂

I’ve just found out that our 24th April cruise was cancelled today on Iona to the 1st may apparently it was included in the last cancellations 😡anyway we have moved it on to the 1st may one to Norway but I’m not holding my breath on that one to . I only found out because we had a letter to pay balance which should of been paid anyway with FCC which we used so phoned up my travel agent and queried it and she had to contact P & O and they had decided to included it ☹️

52 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Now that sounds like something I would be interested in learning😉

Avril

Can't remember smoking that in 1966. Garlic must fog the brain.

23 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks.

It is not a combi but a floor standing unit with a tank for hot water but there is an outside drain pipe so i will pour some warm water on that.

Having read the last half dozen posts I am thankful we have solid fuel central heating. Brrr

Avril

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Didn't the first time though & it doesn't look good coming from a teacher 😉

That's the thing with  spelling mistakes.

You mix up two letters and your whole post is urined. :classic_unsure: