P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

46 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I’m too scared to get on the scales.......🐘🙄

Very wise. I hauled myself on yesterday and have put on half a stone. Apart from pregnancies, haven't gained weight in my adult life until now.🍰

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

It's not as enjoyable either😁 

I've put on 4lb too, but that's on top of what crept on over the last year since lockdown. So being honest that's a total of 10lbs, and on a 5' 2'' frame that's not good.😬

Time to zip it🤐

Avril

I'm like you Avril. 10 lbs in all and also on a 5'2" frame. It's not a good feel and definitely not a good look. My head tells me it's time to turn this around - and my heart says "but what about all those chocolates you were given at Christmas". I'll start tomorrow!

Have a good day and best wishes.

Jane

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I lost 3 and a half stone in 2015/2016 and kept it all off until last year. I now have a stone to lose to get to the same weight I was a year ago 😬 I'm 5'2" too, it's not a very forgiving height, 🤣

I WILL fit in the clothes I bought for my first cruise, I just need to find where I put my will-power!

Edited by SarahHben
  • Like 6

I did gain that 7lb over xmas but on xmas eve I had lost exactly 56lb since last January when my diabetes nurse read the riot act. I am no longer obese and if I lose another 20lb I will be the same weight I was when I was 21. 😇

Hopefully just in time for my September cruise. I will need my first jab by May to allow for the second one in August. No cruise without the full course. 🤞

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I did gain that 7lb over xmas but on xmas eve I had lost exactly 56lb since last January when my diabetes nurse read the riot act. I am no longer obese and if I lose another 20lb I will be the same weight I was when I was 21. 😇

Hopefully just in time for my September cruise. I will need my first jab by May to allow for the second one in August. No cruise without the full course. 🤞

I have not put any weight on over the Xmas period, but I do know I need to lose about 7lbs to comfortably fit into my DJ trousers before our next cruise.

47 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I lost 3 and a half stone in 2015/2016 and kept it all off until last year. I now have a stone to lose to get to the same weight I was a year ago 😬 I'm 5'2" too, it's not a very forgiving height, 🤣

I WILL fit in the clothes I bought for my first cruise, I just need to find where I put my will-power!

That's an incredible weight loss Sarah. You did so well over a what sounds like one year. You're right about being 5'2". It is a very unforgiving height. I'm sill searching for my will-power too - oh, there it is - just by the chocolates. Seriously, I have to do something and soon. I'm supposed to going on a short Cunard in June and although I know it won't sail, it gives me the impetus to lose my Lockdown/Christmas /New Year et al weight. Dream on she says!

Jane

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Beckett said:

That's an incredible weight loss Sarah. You did so well over a what sounds like one year. You're right about being 5'2". It is a very unforgiving height. I'm sill searching for my will-power too - oh, there it is - just by the chocolates. Seriously, I have to do something and soon. I'm supposed to going on a short Cunard in June and although I know it won't sail, it gives me the impetus to lose my Lockdown/Christmas /New Year et al weight. Dream on she says!

Jane

Thank you, I tried WW & it didn’t work for me and then found a calorie counting app, (tracks fat and sugar too) simple to use and was pretty easy to stick to as long as I was honest about what, and how much, I was eating 😇 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SarahHben said:

Thank you, I tried WW & it didn’t work for me and then found a calorie counting app, (tracks fat and sugar too) simple to use and was pretty easy to stick to as long as I was honest about what, and how much, I was eating 😇 

I found Slimming World the best.Amazing the things they allow.Also cut out bread and plenty of walking.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, brian1 said:

I found Slimming World the best.Amazing the things they allow.Also cut out bread and plenty of walking.

I didn’t try SW, I think that would have been next on the list if Nutracheck app hadn’t worked. I didn’t  cut anything out completely, just cut down.

You’re very good cutting out bread, I couldn’t do that, I just don’t have it every day.

15 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I didn’t try SW, I think that would have been next on the list if Nutracheck app hadn’t worked. I didn’t  cut anything out completely, just cut down.

You’re very good cutting out bread, I couldn’t do that, I just don’t have it every day.

I have dippy eggs with small wholemeal toast on Saturday and a full English on Sunday with poached eggs.In the week only carbs are porridge or 1 Weetabix.You do get used to it after a while.

Edited by brian1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, SarahHben said:

The problem at the moment is that food is one of the few pleasures in my life...... 😢

Once the better weather is on its way I can be more motivated to lose weight.....

• Like 7

Always try for a balanced diet, just NOT BALANCED ON A BAR STOOL

Being put on the last chance medication of Liraglutide injections daily helped a lot as one of it's side effects is slowing down your stomach food transit times so you hardly ever feel hungry. I did diet at the same time aiming for between 1500 and 1750 calories per day.

Todays menu

breakfast - bran flakes - 300 calories

lunch - last of the smoked salmon in pitta bread - 400 calories

dinner - last 3 sausages casseroled with veg and potatoes - up to 700 calories

evening snack - apple - say 100 calories

with mugs of T and a morning and afternoon coffee, no sugar, semi skimmed milk

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Should have been on Arcadia today as well ☹️  We'd probably all be heading out to the open decks for the sailaway at this very moment.  Oh well......

Yes I would of been unpacked all organised in cabin and in the crows nest having cocktails before I retreat down to dress for 8.30 dinner 🥲

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Slimming World, it must taste awful so lots of Tomato Sauce

I have been Mr Slinky twice at Slimming world when I have needed to lose my cruise belly... 

I could do with joining again, but the fat shaming of the meetings was the only thing that made me stick to it and I suppose they are closed now? 

Bigger things to worry about at the minute anyway... 

Cut out bread, sugar and fats, job done. 

Andy 

• Like 2

Afternoon folks, miserable day here, lights on , curtains closed 😟

I’ve put on half a stone since March but seem to have remained the same over Christmas! I put it down to working from home. I’m not getting the half hour walk each way. 
I’m trying really hard to be more active but it’s hard when my job has me tethered to my desk for 5 hours! 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, davecttr said:

Just remember if your over 60 that amount of weight loss will include loads of loose flesh which would make you probably skinnier than when you were 21 but more gaunt.When I was 42 I lost 42 lb but I had a 6 pack like Ben Shephard for 8 years,not this time round,lol.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, FamilyCruiserUK said:

Deployed in cyprus at mo. Lockdown amd masks everywhere except in your own house. Even if out side on your own. 300 euro fine for not wearing mask, fined then prove you are exempt. 

Nothing open except food shops and take aways.

Same in Italy at the height of the covid.Should be the same here,declare marshall law, end of.

• Like 2