P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

20 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Doesn’t time fly?

I remember hearing about it on the news when I woke and then seeing it on the www 😳

It really was a series of disasters but also something of a miracle that so relatively few lives were lost

We were on Azura just a couple of weeks after.  Muster was observed immaculately.  Everyone paid attention

We were on RC Brilliance of the seas and were in Abu Dhabi when we heard.

We rang home to let my dad know we were okay as my late mam had only died 2 months previously and knew he would be watching the news.

Sadly he died 2 months later.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/jan/14/10-of-the-best-virtual-travel-experiences-readers-tips?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I was reading the above travel article with my breakfast and am now virtually travelling around Norway, as beautiful as always, takes my mind off the rain outside and hoping summer cruise goes ahead 

7 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Miserable Horrible weather here in Christchurch, rain and more rain , wished we had some snow, but you can always count on Kalos to cheer you up no matter the weather 😁

Absolutely agree.👍🤓

Rain’s stopped

Sun trying to show

Earlier than the forecasters said - woo-hoo.  Dog walk now.  Hope all our friends will be similarly delayed and the pups can have a good play in the field

12 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Miserable Horrible weather here in Christchurch, rain and more rain , wished we had some snow, but you can always count on Kalos to cheer you up no matter the weather 😁

Thank you, if I make one person happy then so am I :classic_smile:

It's a bit off if we can't help each other out during a lockdown and this bad weather but more so the elderly in this cold weather. A few weeks back when it was really snowing bad I woke up and my phone was flashing ,it was a text off my dad .It read " Help ! Windows frozen ,cannot open them"   So I texted back " Try pouring a cup of warm water over them "  ...Ten minutes later he texted back ... "Done that and I have no power whatsoever to my laptop what next ? ":classic_wacko::classic_unsure:

922748711_wet1.jpg.a69c9947d278d4eaf2830c20d35867fd.jpg

Hey up riffraff     - stumbled across this  thought it was going to be a joke

but the OP and  some responders are being serious. But I had a good laugh.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2769371-does-anyone-else-find-the-tone-of-other-forums-puts-them-off-sailing-on-those-lines/?tab=comments#comment-60687829

Mental note for self - do not stray into threads on cruises you would maybe not want to afford.

EDIT actually I suppose they maybe right - would put me off a chrystal cruise   if I could spell it

Edited by Aulanis
On 1/16/2021 at 10:02 AM, grapau27 said:

Sue.

I was sleeping most of the time when I had Covid19 and spent 4 weeks upstairs in bed.

Fingers crossed the rest helps him overcome covid19 quickly.

Graham.

He’ll be stressed if he’s off work for 4 weeks! Work are expecting him back this coming Thursday! I hope for once they’ll be understanding as he is only ever sick for one or two days at a time. My friend who works at Sainsbury’s has caught COVID and she’s told them she’s not ready to go back yet and they are hassling her a bit to come back 😱.

John’s job is very physical and he’s ok at the moment as long as he doesn’t move!

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

Grey and miserable down here today... 

And that's just me 😊

Andy 

That was me too for the last few days Andy. Gave myself a real good talking to this morning and a swift kick up the backside (metaphorically speaking of course, I'm not contortionist😁) Sorry I can't help with the grey though, but I'm told Grecian 2,000 is quite good.😇

Avril

32 minutes ago, Aulanis said:

Hey up riffraff     - stumbled across this  thought it was going to be a joke

but the OP and  some responders are being serious. But I had a good laugh.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2769371-does-anyone-else-find-the-tone-of-other-forums-puts-them-off-sailing-on-those-lines/?tab=comments#comment-60687829

Mental note for self - do not stray into threads on cruises you would maybe not want to afford.

EDIT actually I suppose they maybe right - would put me off a chrystal cruise   if I could spell it

Ha ha, they should spend a bit of time over here... 

They definitely wouldn't understand the 'tone'... 😊

Andy 

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

That was me too for the last few days Andy. Gave myself a real good talking to this morning and a swift kick up the backside (metaphorically speaking of course, I'm not contortionist😁) Sorry I can't help with the grey though, but I'm told Grecian 2,000 is quite good.😇

Avril

Avril Good Morning

Been overtaken by the more efficient and modified Grecian 2021 comes in an Urn!☺️

21 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thriving in the early 80s. The go-to place. What went wrong - just general shopping changes?

Harry, if you haven't already read it, Michael Deacon well worth a look today in the Torygraph.😂

3 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Ha ha, they should spend a bit of time over here... 

They definitely wouldn't understand the 'tone'... 😊

Andy 

Quite - I was just quietly pondering how many customers we've cost P&O.😂

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Damp and dreary here too, at least it has warmed up and the rain is shifting the snow.

Bright and fairly mild here just now, and the birds are singing away. We have a little wren that nests in the Mahonia near the window and it's quite a happy little thing. The snow's melting fast and the sun has just come out now. Time to start planning the garden and ordering the tomato plants I think. We have to keep living as normal as we can under the circumstances, but it won't be for much longer.

Hooray!! my positivity is back at last.😄

Avril

3 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

When I first joined this forum, the tone was constantly negative, not reflective of the lovely people we had met onboard at all... 

I know we still have the spiky ones, but scratch the surface and we are all good people. 

Just don't mention tipping, dress code or how standards have dropped.. 😊

Andy 

1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

What a shame. We were planning a trip down today. A few hours on the beach catching a few rays, then a stroll along to Mudeford quay, prawn sandwich in the pub with a nice cold glass of wine. Perhaps stop for a cream tea on the way home at that cafe in the old station in the New Forest. Oh well, perhaps next weekend 🤔

1 hour ago, Dorset cruise fan said:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2021/jan/14/10-of-the-best-virtual-travel-experiences-readers-tips?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

I was reading the above travel article with my breakfast and am now virtually travelling around Norway, as beautiful as always, takes my mind off the rain outside and hoping summer cruise goes ahead 

We hope to be actually travelling around Norway in June🤞🤞

Avril

29 minutes ago, AnnieC said:

Quite the opposite I'm sure Annie. Someone posted on here that they have decided to cruise with P&O because if it. Ooh this brain of mine, I wish I could remember who. 

Avril

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

He’ll be stressed if he’s off work for 4 weeks! Work are expecting him back this coming Thursday! I hope for once they’ll be understanding as he is only ever sick for one or two days at a time. My friend who works at Sainsbury’s has caught COVID and she’s told them she’s not ready to go back yet and they are hassling her a bit to come back 😱.

John’s job is very physical and he’s ok at the moment as long as he doesn’t move!

I'm 64,have HBP and had a heart attack a year ago so fortunately I am semi retired and needed the rest and stopped in bed because I was too weak after losing 7lbs in weight,was constantly tired and had little sense of taste, headache, lightheadedness etc.

I was told to isolate for 10 days after my positive test but told to isolate longer if I wasn't well enough.

If he goes back to work too soon he might still have the virus and risk passing it on to his work mates so hopefully his employer will take this onboard.

30 minutes ago, zap99 said:

What a shame. We were planning a trip down today. A few hours on the beach catching a few rays, then a stroll along to Mudeford quay, prawn sandwich in the pub with a nice cold glass of wine. Perhaps stop for a cream tea on the way home at that cafe in the old station in the New Forest. Oh well, perhaps next weekend 🤔

The rain has stopped now and the sun is out but a few clouds around now , sounds like a good trip planned, might be ok 😎

I’ve looked at the Cunard board over the years, and have often found the comments from the dress code police to be very off putting.

However, I know that people who post on forums are a tiny amount of people that go on cruises.

I’ve also learnt that from my cruises on CMV and Fred Olsen, that  the cruise crowd in general are similar on whatever cruise line you go on when sailing from Southampton.

my next cruise in booked on Cunard’s Queen Victoria, in May 2022, and if it proceeds, I have no qualms whatsoever, based on the Cunard forum! 

1 minute ago, Purdey16 said:

The rain has stopped now and the sun is out but a few clouds around now , sounds like a good trip planned, might be ok 😎

Thanks, but I doubt I would even get to the M3. Cream tea, £1000 fine, hmmm🤔

21 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Quite the opposite I'm sure Annie. Someone posted on here that they have decided to cruise with P&O because if it. Ooh this brain of mine, I wish I could remember who. 

Avril

I had never given P and O serious consideration before but since contributing to this board may give them a try.

The problem is we really enjoy the smaller ships with a international atmosphere  and clientele, but I would never say never.

Edited by Bloodaxe
20 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Bright and fairly mild here just now, and the birds are singing away. We have a little wren that nests in the Mahonia near the window and it's quite a happy little thing. The snow's melting fast and the sun has just come out now. Time to start planning the garden and ordering the tomato plants I think. We have to keep living as normal as we can under the circumstances, but it won't be for much longer.

Hooray!! my positivity is back at last.😄

Avril

That's better Avril, :classic_smile: The problem with being sad is it makes others sad around you .Then your sad because they are sad, which makes them sadder still .Once you realise this this makes you really sad ,so you end up going to bed sad, getting up the next morning sad . You sit there thinking how did I get this sad? Maybe I made the family sad but why was I sad, can you even remember what made you sad? Then you remember you feel better when your not sad ,that now makes you feel happy ............  ....At last! :classic_biggrin:   PS What tomatoes do you grow ?  Plum or ready chopped :classic_unsure:

ecb74289e306e94d1e5d1ad45604e1c4.gif.e70b86743b737bc4f326525f7a7898fb.gif

6 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I’ve looked at the Cunard board over the years, and have often found the comments from the dress code police to be very off putting.

However, I know that people who post on forums are a tiny amount of people that go on cruises.

I’ve also learnt that from my cruises on CMV and Fred Olsen, that  the cruise crowd in general are similar on whatever cruise line you go on when sailing from Southampton.

my next cruise in booked on Cunard’s Queen Victoria, in May 2022, and if it proceeds, I have no qualms whatsoever, based on the Cunard forum! 

Most of my time on cc before first lockdown was on Royal Caribbean.

A lot more people post on there than the other forums and are very pro Royal Caribbean.

Most are Americans but are lovely people but there are a few who criticise everything.

7 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I had never given P and O serious consideration before but since contributing to this board may give them a try.

The problem is we really enjoy the smaller ships with a international atmosphere  and clientele, but I would never say never.

We love cruising and would get on any ship regardless of size if the itinerary was appealing and they have balcony cabins.