P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

5 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

It’s dreary weather here too. On this date last year we were sailing through the Panama Canal!

This time last year we were at our favourite hotel in Spain.

My Canadian niece, who lives in Montreal, has just reported her son (about ten or eleven now) has said he would like to have a party tomorrow as a certain prominent US person will be gone.  Tickled us and thought it may do the same for some others on here.  Seems everyone over there are building snowmen (they have been in strict lock down longer then us).  The boy I just mentioned is off to build a fort.

Edited by tring
2 hours ago, kalos said:

Storm Christoph's imminent arrival has triggered a major incident alert in South Yorkshire , ahead of strong winds, widespread flooding and snowfall. I bet those houses other side of Doncaster who got hit with the floods last time are dreading it .

Its days like these when I wonder whether we were wise to buy a house with a river running at the bottom of the garden! On the plus side I have seen a heron from the window this morning and we quite often see kingfishers

10 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Its days like these when I wonder whether we were wise to buy a house with a river running at the bottom of the garden! On the plus side I have seen a heron from the window this morning and we quite often see kingfishers

Where we live we are about 423 ft above sea level, so no worries about floods around here.

Now high winds that is another matter , just hope the roof tiles stay put :classic_unsure:

Well, call me stupid, but saw a good price for a 14 day cruise with Princess towards the end of October, and booked it. Only £50 pp deposit, so took a punt and booked it!

7 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Well, call me stupid, but saw a good price for a 14 day cruise with Princess towards the end of October, and booked it. Only £50 pp deposit, so took a punt and booked it!

Well done Stupid  !   .....                    

I mean Wowzz    :classic_unsure:

14 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Not so stupid I think, if that's the one in todays papers at £969 for a balcony then it is a bargain. All you need now is for cruising to restart, and relaxation of the ships excursions the only way to go ashore.

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Not so stupid I think, if that's the one in todays papers at £969 for a balcony then it is a bargain. All you need now is for cruising to restart, and relaxation of the ships excursions the only way to go ashore.

I am very tempted by that cruise too particularly as we have some FCC to use up by June with Princess 🙂 

2 minutes ago, ann141 said:

I am very tempted by that cruise too particularly as we have some FCC to use up by June with Princess 🙂 

We already have a Britannia cruise booked for this time of year, otherwise we would certainly be interested.

47 minutes ago, kalos said:

Where we live we are about 423 ft above sea level, so no worries about floods around here.

Now high winds that is another matter , just hope the roof tiles stay put :classic_unsure:

That's our problem too.

Avril

22 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Of course, by the time I added on the cost of a better balcony cabin in a good location, plus the Princess Plus package the final cost was considerably more than £969, but still not bad considering that, in theory, there is no need to spend anything else once on board. 

The deciding factor was the £50pp deposit. If things still look unclear by mid July, I'll move the deposit to another  cruise,  or just take the hit and forfeit it.  

5 minutes ago, wowzz said:

See you onboard,  hopefully!

Hopefully they will still have plenty of availability tomorrow, I am at work at the moment during my  rest break. I do think the hierarchy may object if I announce that I may be a bit late back 'cos I'm booking a holiday. Practically a forum  cruise!!!!

Edited by ohnonotmeagain
2 hours ago, kalos said:

We are 224m above sea level virtually at top of a hill old old maps labelled as Snow Hill, gives a clue to weather we get, a light dusting forecast usually means 10cm for us. We had our roof done about 9 years ago, survived most winds, but was damaged by a stray rocket in 2019, some idiot let off rockets meant for large displays in high winds one hit roof nose first broke 2 tiles in half. 

11 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

We are 224m above sea level virtually at top of a hill old old maps labelled as Snow Hill, gives a clue to weather we get, a light dusting forecast usually means 10cm for us. We had our roof done about 9 years ago, survived most winds, but was damaged by a stray rocket in 2019, some idiot let off rockets meant for large displays in high winds one hit roof nose first broke 2 tiles in half. 

Top part of St George’s?

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

If only we could book holidays out of school holidays, retirement can't come quickly enough.

41 minutes ago, nicki-k said:

If only we could book holidays out of school holidays, retirement can't come quickly enough.

I know what you mean, but don't wish your life away!

7 hours ago, nicki-k said:

I think many of us on here would tell you it's well worth waiting for!!!  You'll get there!

I hope I'm not the only one that has no desire whatsoever to retire from work. I love my job even though I ***** and moan about the shed load of work I have to do every January!

Just now, Esprit said:

I hope I'm not the only one that has no desire whatsoever to retire from work. I love my job even though I ***** and moan about the shed load of work I have to do every January!

Why has my reference to a female dog been starred out?

9 hours ago, nicki-k said:

Unless you can have a very healthy one , careful what you wish for. Age tends to throw a few spanners in the works for some of us :classic_unsure:

45 minutes ago, Esprit said:

We retired 4 years ago and never regretted a minute of it. We do a bit of charity work but only a few hours a week. The plan was to do more travelling which we did the first 3.