P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

7 hours ago, Eglesbrech said:

Yes the dried stuff is so bitter. I keep the growing plants in summer but they never seem to survive at this time of the year.

In winter I use fennel seeds instead of basil to pep up omelettes but Italian dishes really need the fresh basil.

Fennel fronds grow wild in Calabria.They use them mainly in pasta.Don't know how easy they are to grow here.

6 hours ago, tring said:

We have booked the Princess cruise as well - definitely a moment of madness for us as not at all like our normal cruises.  I went to look at it to be nosy and no intention of booking at all.  Then Allan saw the deal which includes drinks, tips and wifi  (strange how he tends to get swayed by drinks packages) and decided he wanted to book it, so there goes.  Have already posted on the roll call.

Barbara

Great 🙂 The more the merrier !

10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Sorry John - third place, but a good effort.  Hopefully you are as embarrassed as I am to have known the answer! Does my street credibility no good at all!

It was a simple old fashioned Tin Pan Alley style pop record, Tony Burrows was the lead singer who was also responsible for the Pipkins "GimmeDat Ding", and White Plains, "My Baby Loves Lovin", all categorized as Bubble Gum rock, easy listening with a catchy tune; and I am far too old to worry about street cred anymore.

11 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, " who knows where my Rosemary goes? "

10 points for the name of the group - no googling! 

Edison lighthouse. Not cheating, I saw them in Oswestry in ,I think 1970. I can't remember why , but probably a young. Lady involved.❤️

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

It's dull and overcast here with occasional showers but not too cold. Very quiet after all the heavy rain and winds we've had recently. 

Lovely bright blue sky and sunshine here, however windy and flippin' freezing cold. 

Avril

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I think he has already been 30 and 40(within months).I'm sure he could 'age' if necessary!

L

18 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Are you sure?  We only have his word for his consistantly changing age😉

Avril

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I think he has already been 30 and 40(within months).I'm sure he could 'age' if necessary!

Will you all stop trying to depress me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Lovely bright blue sky and sunshine here, however windy and flippin' freezing cold. 

Avril

Very similar down here.  Might be a tad warmer though, about 8 degrees.  Off for a stroll this afternoon.  Hopefully the Old Bill won't fine me if I sit on a park bench with a couple of cans of super lager!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well its Rain rain rain over here  - not really a problem for us apart from the fact

I need to get on the  leaky shed roof to replace a tarp I put on last week and has turned

out to be not as waterproof as it used to be. 😞   

We, well I have been looking at the P Med Cruise and it is a possible maybe for us.
Currently booked for an August cruise which I have thought for some time might not happen.
It is all paid for using FCCs  and has been rather messy as it also involved FCDs
 and the "system" took the £150 for the FCDs but only after it took the full price of 
the cruise in FCCs.
This was last September, when I suggested they simply transfer 150FCC back into our
captains circle account where we still have a few FCCs left.
After 2 months they decided they couldnt  (wouldnt?) do that and  said they would refund
£150 in Cash !!   - still waiting  -at last enquiry ,end Feb has been suggested.

So as I say whilst it is a maybe. I am going to wait and see as we dont want to accumulate
even more FCCs.  

Anyway for those doing that cruise I am working on a spreadsheet  ( converted from
my emerald 2019 one - 159 on that sheet! )  should have a work in progress version

later today, unless by some miracle  there is an actual gap in the rain instead of

light rain with heavier showers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

L

Will you all stop trying to depress me!

Well, I suppose we could invite KTS along to make up the numbers.😃

And just to cheer you yet further, press briefing tonight at 5pm with Ms Patel - apparently we're all goin' to get a jolly good talkin' to.😅

Edited by AnnieC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gettingwarmer said:

First snowdrop I’ve seen

01232D83-3F19-4106-8AC2-7DEB1DECC105.thumb.jpeg.2d2797c0a62a42f1ffef669aa20617d8.jpeg

We have seen a few snowdrops too and have sunshine so something to feel positive about. Just about to take part in a Zoom Murder Mystery Event. Will be able to pretend I am on a cruise as thats the only time previously that I have taken part.Has anyone else taken part in one of the murder mysteries onboard(usually on TA crossings)We have really enjoyed the couple we have been part of.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Very similar down here.  Might be a tad warmer though, about 8 degrees.  Off for a stroll this afternoon.  Hopefully the Old Bill won't fine me if I sit on a park bench with a couple of cans of super lager!

1 can is a picnic, 2 is a party.🤣

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Will be able to pretend I am on a cruise as thats the only time previously that I have taken part.Has anyone else taken part in one of the murder mysteries

We did - it was good to do the puzzles and trying to work out whodunnit but we were

not happy with the result and reckoned the winners had done it before- sour grapes?

I will not tell you why we were not happy in case it spoils it for you if you do another.

We have also done a couple of "escape room" ones and got locked in as did most others

we talked to.