Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

 

Yes, signed a full time contract last week. Same company I worked for all my life (and never wanted to leave), great team, already knew the manager and some of the others but everyone has been welcoming. Working from home, 9am-6pm is taking a bit of getting used to but there's a lot of flexibility within that. If and when things get back to normal I'll be in London once or twice a month which I used to do anyway and will look forward to. Such a relief after everything else that has happened.

 

Thanks to you and everyone else for their kind wishes, it means a lot.

That's great news Damian, very happy for you! 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, today was the first warm day in New Jersey. I actually left home to walk my dog first time this year (Usually its my daughter doing it). I enjoyed the walk, the weather and the overall calmness of the outside world. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Presto2 said:

 

PS Notice the 'just sent hubby out' , well poor hubby just fell flying so am going out to finish off. Oh dear ...... if there is such a thing as 'man flu' is there such a thing as a 'man fall / slip' ?

To be fair, he has recovered well and has been a very good and brave patient 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Mine went up 2 ladders today and cleared a leaking gutter.  Don;'t think he should at 82, but try stopping him.

I won't tell mine that - he thinks he was brave attempting the snow, feeding the birds and falling a£££ over elbow in the garden. Nowhere near the big 8 2 ; - )

(To be fair he did come a cropper ---- made me go 'ouch' too)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm sure there was another very shy magpie out there somewhere😊

Avril

I always look frantically to find a second one! One day a couple of years ago in the tree in front of my house there were 7 magpies!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

No hope for me now ..

 

I got up this morning and lazed about then set about doing our roast dinner complete with wine, preparing to eat at about 2.30/3 as is usual on Sunday... about half an hour beforehand I realised its only Saturday!!!!!   OH just thought I was being efficient!  Oh well, beans tomorrow.

 

(Best wishes and good luck Damian)

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DamianG said:

 

Yes, signed a full time contract last week. Same company I worked for all my life (and never wanted to leave), great team, already knew the manager and some of the others but everyone has been welcoming. Working from home, 9am-6pm is taking a bit of getting used to but there's a lot of flexibility within that. If and when things get back to normal I'll be in London once or twice a month which I used to do anyway and will look forward to. Such a relief after everything else that has happened.

 

Thanks to you and everyone else for their kind wishes, it means a lot.


Brilliant news Damian, so good to hear some.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The corn on my left foot is painful today, I have done a LOT of walking the past few months but I rarely get any pain when wearing the extremely comfortable walking shoes. If the moisturiser does not help as a diabetic I need to see my GP (according to NHS) but I reckon they are somewhat busy at the present. Maybe a beer or two or some paracetamol might help - fed up 😟 Or throw something at the 🐈 😈

 

Snow forecast for tomorrow 😨

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

I always look frantically to find a second one! One day a couple of years ago in the tree in front of my house there were 7 magpies!!

Only 2 magpies around here, they seem to enjoy taunting the 🐈

With 9, now 10 hanging feeders and 2 bird tables within 10 yards of my house the birds are too fat to fly far. Funny thing is my hanging feeder with sunflower kernels is used exclusively by a blue tit, the bird table has a robin, magpies, collared doves and an occassional wood pigeon. the local herd of spoggies prefer the neighbours suet balls.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

To be fair, unless one is working, one day is very like another ...

Amen to that. I know if it is a Saturday or a Sunday, because the Chase isn't on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davecttr said:

The corn on my left foot is painful today, I have done a LOT of walking the past few months but I rarely get any pain when wearing the extremely comfortable walking shoes. If the moisturiser does not help as a diabetic I need to see my GP (according to NHS) but I reckon they are somewhat busy at the present. Maybe a beer or two or some paracetamol might help - fed up 😟 Or throw something at the 🐈 😈

 

Snow forecast for tomorrow 😨

Snow forecast for Surrey as well so we had our long walk today. Pizza Express click and collect put those lost calories back again. Oh well, perhaps making a snowman will take them off tomorrow.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Amen to that. I know if it is a Saturday or a Sunday, because the Chase isn't on.

I know when it's Saturday as that masked thing is on .

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Amen to that. I know if it is a Saturday or a Sunday, because the Chase isn't on.

When we were talking about the lockdown recently my friend said "everyday is a Sunday at the moment" 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

To be fair, unless one is working, one day is very like another ...

Even when one is working, one day is like another. Especially with lockdown learning....

 

Gone from working 7 hours a day, 5 days a week to 5 hours a day, 7 days a week. I don't actually mind it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Amen to that. I know if it is a Saturday or a Sunday, because the Chase isn't on.

Church today so it's Sunday.

-2 and frosty outside so I will have to defrost the car windows before getting ready to go to church.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Presto2 said:

To be fair, he has recovered well and has been a very good and brave patient 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 

A portion of B&B pud and he'll forget all about it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, zap99 said:

I know when it's Saturday as that masked thing is on .

The Masked Singer is confirmation the world has gone absolutely mad... 

Sheridan Smith dressed up as a sausage and it is the highlight of my weekend... NURSE!!! 

Andy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...