P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Lovely start to morning here, sun streaming through bedroom window, one of our dogs(King Charles spaniel)appears  to be making the most of the sun asleep on our bed. Just about to put slow cooker on then coffee time and 2nd dog walk of day

Michelle

• Like 3

Good morning everyone, a dull 1.c here this morning .

They say the vaccine blip should sort itself out this week as 

they now start to invite some of people back for their 2nd jabs.

But I was shocked to read about a concerning side effect a guy

had ,so I will post below as I would hate to think this could happen

to any of you :classic_ohmy: Take care and stay safe .:classic_smile:

FB_IMG_1614541597336.thumb.jpg.8542869762ff0dcd6e12e55560d0ac5a.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 13

My day improves - 

another grand-nephew arrived on March 1 in Los Angeles!  I wonder if we’ll ever get to see him?  He’s his mummy & daddy’s first baby - he will be so loved and spoiled 

That’s 3 new grand-nephews in the last 8 months ... something in the air?

• Like 15

19 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

1°C this morning.

The overnight fog has almost cleared.

Like most on here it will be another day sitting at home watching TV after I have rang a couple of customers and cleaned the bathroom.

Pauline working from home downstairs since 7.45am.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Morning Graham. It's warmer here - 2c😁 Quite misty and murky though, and it doesn't look as if there's much improvement for the week ahead. Never mind, we're creeping ever closer to April 12th and hopefully a little more normality, or at least a hairdresser.

Have a good day and take care.

Avril

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

My day improves - 

another grand-nephew arrived on March 1 in Los Angeles!  I wonder if we’ll ever get to see him?  He’s his mummy & daddy’s first baby - he will be so loved and spoiled 

That’s 3 new grand-nephews in the last 8 months ... something in the air?

Or the lockdown effect😉

Avril

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning Graham. It's warmer here - 2c😁 Quite misty and murky though, and it doesn't look as if there's much improvement for the week ahead. Never mind, we're creeping ever closer to April 12th and hopefully a little more normality, or at least a hairdresser.

Avril

You said the magic word Avril- a hairdresser!! I have managed to get an appointment for 13 April, that’s six weeks today, not that I am counting or anything

Michelle

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

You said the magic word Avril- a hairdresser!! I have managed to get an appointment for 13 April, that’s six weeks today, not that I am counting or anything

Michelle

I don't know if it's me, but my hair seems to have grown faster this time around, and more worryingly, I've gone greyer. I can't think why😏. The picture I used for this forum was taken on Frank's birthday 6 months ago, and now the front of my hair is nearly all white. I quite like it though🧓

Avril

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Dull and a bit misty so far, but we are promised sun and perhaps 12° this afternoon.  No plans, which is pretty much the usual, but we’ll just enjoy getting out without needing to bundle up against rain or extreme cold.

It feels like the general trend is onwards and upwards, tho’ there’s many a potential slip on the way, the first of which is the schools reopening on Monday.  I do hope it goes well for all concerned

I know I am feeling more confident of my own welfare, four weeks along from my first jab.  I went to Waitrose and Cook yesterday, which must have been my first time in a shop for ... 3 months or so.  I said to the girl in Cook that I feel like a daffodil - been in the cold and dark all winter but now I’ve sprung back and am stretching my face to the sun 😊

Oh - my Premium Bonds have yielded £125 this month.  Whoop, Whoop 🎊 

Enjoy your day everyone

Well done, but may I have half please? Nothing, nil, not a bean did I win.:classic_sad:

Congratulations, though (through gritted teeth)😄

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know if it's me, but my hair seems to have grown faster this time around, and more worryingly, I've gone greyer. I can't think why😏. The picture I used for this forum was taken on Frank's birthday 6 months ago, and now the front of my hair is nearly all white. I quite like it though🧓

Avril

A few years ago Mrs Kalos who was blonde decided due to the odd grey hair 

showing up decided to dye her hair a few times . One of the goes she decided 

to be adventurous and go jet black ,so after a patch test ,she dyed her hair and 

all was well ,that was until she did exactly the same months later. It looked fine 

until the next morning, when we woke up her head looked horrific and looked like

a balloon. Upshot was she was rushed to hospital for a very severe reaction to

the  hair dye . Mrs K was advised never to use any hair dye ever again , she was

dreading turning grey but I assured her it looked ok but deep down she thought I 

was only trying to console her . After a while when nature took over her hair, we

were on a cruise ship and one of the show girls pulled her up to ask "Could you tell

me the brand name of your hair colour, it looks great " This has happened to her a

few times with people asking about her hair . I think she now likes her hair herself.

The reason I have posted this is to make you girls aware that sometimes there is 

a gorgeous hair colour just waiting to get out ,it's just that you have hidden it under

a hair dye .:classic_smile:

• Like 7

48 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I let my colour grow out during first lockdown and I usually now have a short grey pixie cut but at the moment is rapidly growing into a grey bob

Michelle

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

to be adventurous and go jet black ,so after a patch test ,she dyed her hair and 

all was well ,that was until she did exactly the same months later. It looked fine 

until the next morning, when we woke up her head looked horrific and looked like

the  hair dye . Mrs K was advised never to use any hair dye ever again , she was

dreading turning grey but I assured her it looked ok but deep down she thought I 

was only trying to console her . After a while when nature took over her hair, we

were on a cruise ship and one of the show girls pulled her up to ask "Could you tell

me the brand name of your hair colour, it looks great " This has happened to her a

few times with people asking about her hair . I think she now likes her hair herself.

The reason I have posted this is to make you girls aware that sometimes there is 

a gorgeous hair colour just waiting to get out ,it's just that you have hidden it under

Pauline decide to stop having her hair coloured and let nature take its course a few years ago, the result was that even her hairdresser had to admit that he could not produce such a good result even after over 50 years experience.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, kalos said:

I have never dyed my hair, and don't intend to start now. Grow old  gracefully(or disgracefully, depending on your sense of adventure and stamina😁)

Avril

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I have never dyed my hair, and don't intend to start now. Grow old  gracefully(or disgracefully, depending on your sense of adventure and stamina😁)

Avril

Nor have I Avril ,not that I have much hair left anyway . Many years ago In my younger 

years I decided to work hard and play hard whilst growing older dis-gracefully .

Maybe that's how I ended up like this :classic_unsure: but I have seen the light and now try to grow 

old gracefully .:classic_smile:

• Like 4

Cold and murky morning, temp around 3C, somewhat different to Sunday, the easterly breeze making it feel colder. Should brighten up this afternoon hopefully so may go out and finish pruning roses and decide what to do about the one which has been subject to rust over last 2 years.

One bright spot is that both my wife and myself won £25 on Premium bonds. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Thanks Avril.

Pauline had a go on Saturday trying to trim my hair which grows thick on the side, long on the top and almost give up the ghost on the crown.

It usually takes the barber with his shaver 5 minutes to cut a 2 on the side and back and scissor cut the top.

Last time I got a 1 almost scalped which created a shreak from Pauline but as lockdown happened the following week it was a good idea.🤕🤫🤓

• Haha 1

I had a disaster cutting Richard’s hair last Sunday. He set it clippers to the length he wanted and I run it down the centre from the front going backwards. The plastic protectors fell off and he ended up with a large bare strip down the centre, I had to shave it all off then. On a positive note it won’t need cutting again until the hairdressers open

Michelle

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Just joined you all on here and catching up with you all.  Have had a productive day so far. Booked a Tesco delivery slot for Good Friday, so that's Easter sorted.  Have applied for a couple of receptionist jobs at local hoilday villages, so wish me luck🤞

The weather down here is not very warm only 9oC with hazy sun, but a least it's dry.

Reading some of the previous posts I agree with Eddie, that there must be somethng in the air, as my neice gave birth to twin girls this morning. I don't know when we will get to see them as they live in Pisa.

Talking of hair and hairdressers, I've got an appointment on the 15th April - I'll be able to see where I'm going then when my fringe has been cut!

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Just joined you all on here and catching up with you all.  Have had a productive day so far. Booked a Tesco delivery slot for Good Friday, so that's Easter sorted.  Have applied for a couple of receptionist jobs at local hoilday villages, so wish me luck🤞

The weather down here is not very warm only 9oC with hazy sun, but a least it's dry.

Reading some of the previous posts I agree with Eddie, that there must be somethng in the air, as my neice gave birth to twin girls this morning. I don't know when we will get to see them as they live in Pisa.

Talking of hair and hairdressers, I've got an appointment on the 15th April - I'll be able to see where I'm going then when my fringe has been cut!

Good luck with your job applications.

Graham.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Do you want to join me and behave like the Jenny Joseph poem :

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat which doesn’t go, and doesn’t suit me.
And I shall spend my pension on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals, and say we’ve no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I’m tired
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells
And run my stick along the public railings
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick flowers in other people’s gardens
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go
Or only bread and pickle for a week
And hoard pens and pencils and beermats and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry
And pay our rent and not swear in the street
And set a good example for the children.
We must have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me are not too shocked and surprised
When suddenly I am old, and start to wear purple
Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, purplesea said:

We stayed at John Fowler in Lelant last July. If you have applied to work there, you could give me as a reference, but perhaps best not to. Good luck anyway.

7 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We stayed at John Fowler in Lelant last July. If you have applied to work there, you could give me as a reference, but perhaps best not to. Good luck anyway.

Thank you. You never know our paths might cross.

Well, the mist has cleared and the sun peeked through, in a pretty pathetic sort of way, but at least it was warmer this afternoon than it was earlier.  We walked round residential roads, dog on lead and well sprayed with the disguise spray, rather than be mean to her and visit normal ‘running-free’ spaces but keep her leashed.  There is a huge amount of home improvement work going on, from residents tidying gardens and pressure washing drives to extensions, remodelling, loft conversions, rewiring, new flooring and the rest.  One road seemed to be lined with tradesmen’s vans.

Good to get out though and see trees and hedges starting to break bud.

• Like 1