Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Host Sharon
 Share

Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I know one household who wouldn't even think to ask that kind of question in relation to colour. Not a thought that enters our head. Sorry to disagree.

If you read I never mentioned colour  ..A family could ask will it have Ginger hair or black hair 

if that's what the person asks .I agree it's wrong if they were asked about skin colour ,they could ask will the baby be chubby or skinny like one of the parents . Who do you think the baby will take after ?

My point was is it possible someone has gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick ? As they say .

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The Australians don't muck about. Makes Piers Morgan look diplomatic.

 

Wow........🤣

I certainly agree with his comments about Princess Anne being a hard working Royal and her kids not having titles.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, kalos said:

If you read I never mentioned colour  ..A family could ask will it have Ginger hair or black hair 

if that's what the person asks .I agree it's wrong if they were asked about skin colour ,they could ask will the baby be chubby or skinny like one of the parents . Who do you think the baby will take after ?

My point was is it possible someone has gotten hold of the wrong end of the stick ? As they say .

Sorry, bit if you read on a bit you did. I am not comfortable with this subject so will bow out.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As I said yesterday, I watched the interview with an open mind, as I have no feelings either way about Meghan and Harry.

 

I’m willing to believe that things have happened, and everyone involved will have their own take on it.

 

what I do find surprising is that so many people seem to have made up their minds not to believe what Meghan says, without knowing what really happened.

 
 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Dermotsgirl said:

what I do find surprising is that so many people seem to have made up their minds not to believe what Meghan says, without knowing what really happened.

 
 

 

And lots have made up their minds to believe everything she said without knowing what really happened. We will never know.
Not naming the person who allegedly made a remark Meghan considered to be racist is unfair because it puts a lot of people under suspicion. 

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

And lots have made up their minds to believe everything she said without knowing what really happened. We will never know.
Not naming the person who allegedly made a remark Meghan considered to be racist is unfair because it puts a lot of people under suspicion. 

Also, the "remark" was made to Harry, who repeated it to her, but without context the remark can be construed in many ways.

  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Wow........🤣

I certainly agree with his comments about Princess Anne being a hard working Royal and her kids not having titles.....

I agree with everything he said. The most shocking thing that struck me was, they were secretly married 3 days before the actual ''church wedding''!!! Really?? That's the first time I've heard that. 

Ok, I've just researched it, and it was a blessing.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with everything he said. The most shocking thing that struck me was, they were secretly married 3 days before the actual ''church wedding''!!! Really?? That's the first time I've heard that.

Avril

It wasn’t legal as there were no witnesses and not in a legal building. They just exchanged vows, but have called it a wedding in the interview. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I agree with everything he said. The most shocking thing that struck me was, they were secretly married 3 days before the actual ''church wedding''!!! Really?? That's the first time I've heard that.

Avril

Apparently Archbishop of Canterbury married them. But with no other people or witnesses present it cannot have been legal. As a “private” couple I cannot understand why they would mention to the world that it happened......

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

I suspect it’s more of fall on your sword or we will sack you.
 

He has always been a bully and I admire Alex Beresford for standing up to him.

 

His dismissal of Meghan’s mental health problem doesn’t fit it in well with ITVs “Be Kind” mental health campaign so not surprising ITV took the action they have. They still have to face an OFCOM investigation after thousands of complaints were made about his comments on Monday & his attitude towards one of his co presenters yesterday in pushing her to stand up to show her mini skirt. 

Yeah but we've now got the ultimate Mr nice guy Ben Shephard.The most exciting thing he's done is support West Ham.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

Yeah but we've now got the ultimate Mr nice guy Ben Shephard.The most exciting thing he's done is support West Ham.

I’m just hoping the weather guy Alex doesn’t replace Piers. Not for his spat with Piers, just don’t rate him when he has done holiday cover.

Edited by Angel57
Adding comment
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dermotsgirl said:

As I said yesterday, I watched the interview with an open mind, as I have no feelings either way about Meghan and Harry.

 

I’m willing to believe that things have happened, and everyone involved will have their own take on it.

 

what I do find surprising is that so many people seem to have made up their minds not to believe what Meghan says, without knowing what really happened.

 
 

 

Without a doubt because almost all the British tabloid press, Express, Mail, Sun, Star etc, have been relentlessly pursuing an anti-Meghan campaign for months, and so many people are taken in by it. It seeps into the public consciousness, in the way that propaganda does. Those same papers also decide the outcome of elections and referenda. It’s wrong, it’s anti-democratic, there’s even, I suspect, a racial element to it, and it brings out the very worst in people by giving apparent legitimacy to some pretty poisonous concepts.

 

I have no idea whether they were speaking truthfully or not, particularly not having watched anything more than extracts, but equally well I have no idea whether the rest of the Royal Family can be trusted to be truthful. History suggests otherwise.

  • Like 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Yeah but we've now got the ultimate Mr nice guy Ben Shephard.The most exciting thing he's done is support West Ham.

Don't you find tipping point exciting?. They may give that job to Mr Morgan.🤔

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Miserable day here but a good day as I am collecting a new car, very indulgent, but if I can't cruise I want something to cheer me up.

Pleased for you Bob.

Graham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Cold, damp with increasing wind this morning, no I didn’t eat too many baked beans yesterday 😬

 

Had an evening out at my local A&E last night after blood pressure was much higher than it should have been and few chest pains. Bloods test showed no heart attack, but I do have tender skin across part of my chest which Dr believed maybe costochronditis inflammation of cartilage in rib cage, details passed to my GP, telephone consultation set up to discuss that and review of medication, plus possible BP monitoring. The joys of getting older! 

A 24 hour blood pressure monitor would be a good idea as would a heart monitor attached for a day.

I have had costochronditis and felt the pain when I had my car seatbelt pressed on my chest.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment,

Graham.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Sadly, after all the goodwill about their wedding, a few things put Brits off Meghan - and facts, not just rumours.  Especially, for me, the ridiculous baby shower affair in  New York, a huge extravagance.

 

The basic problem seems to me that they both come from dysfunctional families - and of course none of hers came to the wedding apart from her mother, who did seem like a charming and intelligent person.  Meghan's problem is that she did not do due diligence on what Royal life was like; it seems she did not know she had to curtsey to the Queen, and did not like being third in the pecking order.  As a mature worldly woman she should have worked out whether the gains were worth the losses of having to toe the line some of the time.  It reminds me of Diana, who as a teenager was obviously not told by Charles that she was effectively to be a brood mare, and once the heir and spare arrived they could discreetly lead their own private love lives.  Harry did apparently have two suitable British girl friends who decided not to marry him, probably  in large part because they knew what the life would be like; and decided not to take  the rough with the pretty hefty amount of smooth.  I guess he was so hooked on Meghan he did not want to put her off by letting her know exactly what life with the 'Firm' entailed.

 

Like many older Brits, I am of the 'made your bed so you must lie in it'  generation, so probably not as well disposed to Harry and Meghan as the younger ones are.

 

Sorry to go on; I do feel rather strongly about it, and though not madly Royalist, feel for the Queen especially.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Take it with a big pinch of salt and dont forget she is an actress. What I cannot understand is seeing that they didnt get paid for the interview why did they do it and for Harry to be a part of "trashing" his family. You shouldnt wash your dirty linen in public.

Watch out for the Lucrative After Dinner Speeches in the US.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, grapau27 said:

A 24 hour blood pressure monitor would be a good idea as would a heart monitor attached for a day.

I have had costochronditis and felt the pain when I had my car seatbelt pressed on my chest.

Good luck with your doctor's appointment,

Graham.

 

Thanks Graham.

 

Until last night I had never heard of it, but Dr explained what it was and as tests had shown nothing else amiss seems to think it could be that and thus has referred me back to GP. So will see what tomorrow’s phone call brings. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Yes I am collecting a new car on Friday, as the wife said "you cannot take it with you" and with the total of 5 cruises up to now being cancelled or never booked and 1 land based holiday we never had we have saved a fortune.

Always nice to get a new car.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Snow Hill said:

Thanks Graham.

 

Until last night I had never heard of it, but Dr explained what it was and as tests had shown nothing else amiss seems to think it could be that and thus has referred me back to GP. So will see what tomorrow’s phone call brings. 

The doctor might prescribe a betablocker like Bisoprolol to slow down your heart rate and BP.

The blood heart proteins test was the only thing that showed my heart attack as ECG was fine so great news that was okay.

Graham.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, kalos said:

 

The palace has said regarding Archie's colour ,they have a different version of what was said.

Thinking outside the box ..How many people have said " I wonder if the baby when born will

take after the dad or mum to be ?" in many families up and down the country?

Harry was the one who told Meg his version of what was said and has it been taken out of 

how it was meant by whoever said what.

Whilst talking about race and colour it's a pity Harry was not asked his feelings on when he 

got dressed up as Hitler or called an Asian soldier in his platoon a Paki and thought it ok to

do so . The palace's mantra is never complain or explain so if anything we will never find out 

what's going off .

I agree.

Harry seems to like being a joker when it suits him.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Holiday Exchange - Jingle and Mingle 2021
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: Enjoy the Gift of Travel with Regent Seven Seas Cruises
      • ICYMI Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with Silversea Cruises
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...