P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Its got the makings of the forecast summers day here, blue skies if a tad chilly still. A long walk with friends and takeaway pub lunch for us, then a likely snooze in the garden to get over it. It is amazing how just a couple of warm days have have affected the plant life, our pink Magnolia has gone from tight buds to almost open, the Horse chestnut trees are bursting out and the Mayflower is magnificent, so ne'er cast a claht till May is aht.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Well, we finally got a nice weather in here and I really wished I could go or travel somewhere very far. Its like one of those times when you wish you were chilling on the beach or enjoying a cocktail in the company of friends while on the cruise... hate to see a good weather and staying at home 

How can you hate good weather just because you're staying at home?? Go out, enjoy it and be thankful🌞

Avril

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Beautiful day here, will be happy to relax in the garden, with a nice G&T later, made to my recipe. Half measure of Limoncello, double gin, ice, slice of lime and lemon, topped up with Fever tree Mediteranean tonic, others are available !

Sounds like a plan Bob.  Enjoy your day.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

OR I could take the mother-in-law for a walk in the wheelchair!! Votes please 🥴

No contest Purdey - option one gets my vote every time. Hopefully  MIL will understand! Jane.x

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Absolutely. The cruise clothes are staying packed away until a few pounds (?) are shed...... I’m too scared to even try. Even shoes feel tight as been wearing flats or trainers the last year! 

I haven't even thought about trying my nice shoes yet.  I have been wearing flats apart from a pair of ankle boots that I have worn a couple of times over winter.

44 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Beautiful day here, will be happy to relax in the garden, with a nice G&T later, made to my recipe. Half measure of Limoncello, double gin, ice, slice of lime and lemon, topped up with Fever tree Mediteranean tonic, others are available !

Closely followed by tripping ace over apex and an exciting afternoon in A&E, if I was drinking it that is. Gin doesn't like me at all.😵🥴 Enjoy your day Bob.

Avril

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Closely followed by tripping ace over apex and an exciting afternoon in A&E, if I was drinking it that is. Gin doesn't like me at all.😵🥴 Enjoy your day Bob.

Avril

Scientists studied the gait of drunk people in their gardens during lockdown .

The results were staggering.:classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

12°C and sunny here.

I have Easter eggs to drop off while Pauline is working from home.

I might dig out my cruise brochures and sit in the sun later with a few coffee's white no sugar.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Graham.

• Like 7

Everyone seems to be so busy today. What a bit of difference a bit of sun seems to make.😊

It's a nice 14oc here at present and was pleasant when I put the washing on the line earlier. So will probably take a book and a coffee out into the garden later when the sun gets round.

I too have put on weight recently and like a lot of you haven't thought of looking at my posh frocks, but I know they won't fit!😒 As for shoes I have only worn my everyday flats when I have been out, and that is less than half a dozen times since Christmas as round the house I have been wearing slippers or walking around in bare feet.

Have a good day everyone and enjoy the sunshine, while it lasts.

• Like 9

Good morning all (and Andy😉) It's beautiful here this morning, 13c at the moment with a promise of 21c. Phew, I shall make the most of it while I can. 

Wowzz, have a wonderful day with your Mum, you've waited a long time and it will be a tonic for you both. Things are begining to look a little brighter for us all, it's surprising what the warmth of the sun can do. 

My friend had her second jab yesterday. We faced timed last night and she's 100% better than last week, although still a little weak on her pins. It's frustating her as she was always fit and able to walk around town with me without any problems. As I told her, we have to be thankful for small mercies. She almost died on her way to the hospital, and it was touch and go for a while once admitted. She's spending today with her son, DIL and grandchildren today. A bbq and hot tub are calling so I'm reliably told😉

Like Phil , I can see the sudden growth spurt in the garden and some of the Magnolia buds have opened this morning. They look beautiful, and it's such a pity thay don't last long before their petals begin to fall. 

Have a good day today all whatever you're plans are and stay safe.

Avril

• Like 7

We have a beautiful day here in Stoke.  I had a phone call from a friend asking if I would like to meet up for a coffee so I have been out for 3 hours chatting and strolling around the garden centre.  She wanted to meet up so that she could give me my birthday card and present for tomorrow.  When I got into the car park it was hard to find a space so I was concerned that it could be crowded but they must have all been inside Trentham Gardens because we easily found a bench to sit on.  It seems so long since we were able to do this so it was a real treat. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

We have a beautiful day here in Stoke.  I had a phone call from a friend asking if I would like to meet up for a coffee so I have been out for 3 hours chatting and strolling around the garden centre.  She wanted to meet up so that she could give me my birthday card and present for tomorrow.  When I got into the car park it was hard to find a space so I was concerned that it could be crowded but they must have all been inside Trentham Gardens because we easily found a bench to sit on.  It seems so long since we were able to do this so it was a real treat. 

Happy birthday for tomorrow Josy.

Graham.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Hi Josy.
Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Had I known, I could have given you a card at Trentham Gardens which is where we spent this morning. Not the best time of year for the gardens to be at their best but it was a nice walk and in an odd sort of way, warm sunshine and quite a lot of people easily socially distanced in such a large area made things seem almost normal. It is just a pity that most of the shops were closed but I guess cheaper.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobstheboy said:

Sounds like a good cocktail.They make their own limoncello where we are in Italy.We brought 3 bottles of 95% alcool home for our friends in Sussex.If we'd been stopped at the Chunnel we would have been charged with terrorist offences.They've been in our front room since December,lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Hi Josy.
Happy Birthday for tomorrow.

Had I known, I could have given you a card at Trentham Gardens which is where we spent this morning. Not the best time of year for the gardens to be at their best but it was a nice walk and in an odd sort of way, warm sunshine and quite a lot of people easily socially distanced in such a large area made things seem almost normal. It is just a pity that most of the shops were closed but I guess cheaper.

40 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Happy birthday for tomorrow Josy.

Graham.

Thank you.

I still managed to spend money even though the shops are all closed.  I bought stuff from the garden centre so DH is now out planting.  We didn't go into the gardens because although I thought to take my annual pass my friend didn't take hers.  It's a lovely p!ace to walk, when my niece's son was small we used to walk down to the far end of the lake and bring him back on the boat.

• Like 2

Beautiful day here today, 23° and hardly a cloud in the sky. We played golf this morning and it was great to able to wave and shout hello to some of our friends at the club. I haven’t played since October and although we’ve been walking 3-4 miles every day in lockdown I found golf really tiring and we only did 9 holes. Have had to spend the afternoon sitting in the garden with a bottle of cold rosé! 

• Like 9

Great day here too if a rollercoaster ride. A day working outdoor on the garden. Having had a conservatory built last year (thanks to cancelled cruises with P&O, RCI and NCL!) some work is needed to get pots/tubs planted up and the garden rearranged. Although I found my lilies are coming up again!

That was the up part of the day, the down part was receiving the official letter that I am to be furloughed until 30th September due to the continued downturn in business travel. 

6FDD1A0C-AA6F-4959-9AFE-59CFEDE437B8.jpeg

B2CD90A2-180A-404A-B170-8803D7437F8B.jpeg

3C1AA282-E2C0-46CD-9B8C-9C9F940F9032.jpeg

• Like 8