P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

13 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Had a wonderful day in Wales yesterday opening up our caravan. The weather was stunning with blue skies. (It was freezing cold though but we won't mention that!)

Had a senior moment today though ------- saw Harry ..... no, not our Harry on here but the flying one. Harry the Heron heading off to my local park again. Sleepless nights and sling shot practice here I come. 🙂

Steady on,TJ was looking for his slingshot just then.

When we had a caravan long ago the electric was free but it was a low voltage. We had a convector heater in the lounge, a greenhouse tube heater in the bedroom, an electric blanket, an electric slow cooker and electric steamer. Hardly used the gas but we had to be careful not to have too much on at once as it would trip the fuse and that was outside. Not so good in cold weather. 

I'm in Guernsey where life has returned to normal (apart from quaranting on return from travel) , we have zero cases of covid & have vaccinted in execc of 50% of the population.  

I'm missing my cruise holidays & seeing the many visits of cruise ships to my island.

• Like 8

10 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

An animal has to kill to live. Humans live to kill. 

Avril

Thats why Sparrowhawks killing other birds is horrible but I can accept its necessary for them to survive.However cats just kill for the fun of it as far as I am aware so I.m another one who is not a cat lover- sorry to those who are

• Like 3

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

Haircut at 9.30.Getting more excited than having the jab.

Our haircut is 1pm, but she comes to us. I don't get this excited when we're on our way to the ship in Southampton, although the next time we go I just might be😉

I've been seeing in the news about the trouble with UK home owners in Europe bro, and I was thinking about you. I hope it doesn't affect you.

I've just noticed the time, so when you read this you're eyesight should be much clearer😁

Sis

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ann141 said:

Thats why Sparrowhawks killing other birds is horrible but I can accept its necessary for them to survive.However cats just kill for the fun of it as far as I am aware so I.m another one who is not a cat lover- sorry to those who are

I've no objections to cats, I like them, however I do object to the inconsiderate owners who think it's perfectly alright to let them roam free to dig up gardens to ruin seeds and new plants and yowl constantly throughout the night. My daughter has the most beautiful pure black cat with brilliant green eyes, that she never lets out of the flat. She laughingly refers to her as a flat cat. 

It's natural instinct for a cat to kill. Not nice I admit, but it's closely related to the wild cats, the same way that a dog will attack humans as it is closely related to the wolf. Even though they are now domesticated, the instinct is still there.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
added text
  • Like 1

A nice bright sunny day after a frosty start. Been out the front of the house checking the planters and it is quite warm out there, so perhaps this afternoon will be able to sit out, when the sun gets round, in the back garden with my book

We don't have a problem with cats just seagulls🤬

• Like 2

Now that the fog has lifted it's a lovely sunny day with no wind.

Just done some gardening and now got rash on my arms, over the years my hay fever has reduced to virtually zero but my skin is getting increasingly sensitive to touching foliage, used to be just juniper, spruce etc but now seems to be anything green! Must remember to cover arms in future.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Our haircut is 1pm, but she comes to us. I don't get this excited when we're on our way to the ship in Southampton, although the next time we go I just might be😉

I've been seeing in the news about the trouble with UK home owners in Europe bro, and I was thinking about you. I hope it doesn't affect you.

I've just noticed the time, so when you read this you're eyesight should be much clearer😁

Sis

Hi sis,I think it's Spain who are being arsey with legal expat residents by not letting them in to get their new electronic card.We haven't bothered with residency as we're normally not there for more than 7 months total normally,which in itself is illegal lol.Residency means not being able to use a UK car for more than 60 days without reregistering,private health insurance for the 1st 6 months and the possibility of them charging tax on your UK home.This year it now entails losing our UK driving licence and taking an Italian driving test.That could be a problem as I don't have a toddler to sit on my lap unbelted whilst texting and lighting a fag.This year we are driving over and back from June till August to comply with the 90 in 180 days and flying back for 6weeks in November.Next year,driving over for 45 days,leaving car and flying back for 45 days and so on until we drive back in December.Bus pass and car hire here only for essential journeys.Simple eh sis,lol.bro.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

My daughter has the most beautiful pure black cat with brilliant green eyes, that she never lets out of the flat. She laughingly refers to her as a flat cat

Here's one I made earlier:classic_unsure:  ......FlatCat.jpg.7bc60c81178a6b8fc378eabc83de0a2d.jpg

Which reminds me I met a dyslexic Yorkshire man the other day. He was wearing a cat flap.:classic_wacko:

It's that wonderful time of the year where I will be watching the Wakefield Peregrines hatch 

out and turn from little white balls of fluff into one of the worlds fastest  predators on the

planet and good looking with it :classic_love:

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, purplesea said:

A nice bright sunny day after a frosty start. Been out the front of the house checking the planters and it is quite warm out there, so perhaps this afternoon will be able to sit out, when the sun gets round, in the back garden with my book

We don't have a problem with cats just seagulls🤬

Some seagulls are ok. Here is a nice one🤣. Local to you as well.

IMG_20200905_123655_2.jpg

• Like 3

Hello all, been a lovely sunny morning here. I met with a friend and we went for a walk. Half way round we had a coffee outside a cafe which we hadn’t planned but was nice. All in all I was out nearly 2 hours so very pleasant.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Some seagulls are ok. Here is a nice one🤣. Local to you as well.

IMG_20200905_123655_2.jpg

Wow I'm impressed a Socially distanced seagull ...How do you train them to do that ? :classic_unsure:

Lets hope the humans do the same :classic_smile:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kalos said:

Wow I'm impressed a Socially distanced seagull ...How do you train them to do that ? :classic_unsure:

Lets hope the humans do the same :classic_smile:

His name is chips. Every time we go to st Ives we shout ' chips....chips ' and hold the bag up. He and his chums always come to see us. That's why the call them See gulls🤣

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Now that the fog has lifted it's a lovely sunny day with no wind.

Just done some gardening and now got rash on my arms, over the years my hay fever has reduced to virtually zero but my skin is getting increasingly sensitive to touching foliage, used to be just juniper, spruce etc but now seems to be anything green! Must remember to cover arms in future.

If you stopped taking antihistamine for your hay fever, could that be why you are now becoming more sensitive to other foliage?

Avril

• Like 1

Been a lovely day here again, sunny all day with light winds. Had a productive day, bern baking, shopping, dog walking and just been to the gym for the first time since December. Going to gym again tmoro so here starts the fitness program 

Michelle

• Like 3