P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Some interesting stuff on this lobbying problem, note I am not taking a political view, it applies to all parties. It appears the regulations and procedures are not keeping up with the new electronic world. Too much advice rejected for starters. A certain person has the same phone number for 10 years and won't change it. Certain persons getting numbers of text messages and apparently the regulations say you have to report a business meeting but no mention of reporting a business exchange via text message!. The ability to 'legally' delete messages after a certain time.

to sum it up, the way we conduct politics and government is not fit for the modern world.

• Like 3

Good morning :classic_smile: It's a bright and sunny 2.c day here but heading for 14.c today.

It's good to read most people are sounding happier in themselves after what  has 

been a lot of stress in the last year and we should and avoid situations that could 

cause such things. The Covid19 situation has been especially stressful for the Flat

Earth Society. They feared  that the social distancing measures could push people

over the edge. Sadly for some it has been to much and they have been caught up

in it all , so sad . My mates wife left him  yesterday after 44yrs married, she told him

she was just going out for a bottle of milk, 3hrs later he found a note on kitchen worktop

which read "I've left you never coming back," when I  phoned  my mate this morning I said

"I'm gutted for you Dave, how are you coping mate ? " He said "Not too bad really I'm using

that powdered stuff for now ".:classic_unsure: I hope you all have a great day and keep safe .:classic_love:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

It's wall to wall sunshine here in Paisley and is to continue into next week but won't make a difference to me, i'm taking part in the Virtual Kiltwalk with my own challenge of walking up and down the set of stairs to my flat 26 times equal to miles in normal Kiltwalk for my favourite charity Children 1st.

Might not sound that difficult but i have a Prosthetic leg and between the operation then housebound recovering then winter kicking in then all these lockdowns over the last year i'm still not very confident wearing it.

The 'official' description of me by the Doctors and Nurses in the hospital was 'determined' my description 'slightly mad', but it's all for the kids that's all that matters.

Probably tempting fate saying this 'though i've had a few falls i've never fallen down the stairs YET'. 🙂

Good luck and well done for doing what you are doing for your favourite charity.

Take care.

Graham

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning :classic_smile: It's a bright and sunny 2.c day here but heading for 14.c today.

It's good to read most people are sounding happier in themselves after what  has 

been a lot of stress in the last year and we should and avoid situations that could 

cause such things. The Covid19 situation has been especially stressful for the Flat

Earth Society. They feared  that the social distancing measures could push people

over the edge. Sadly for some it has been to much and they have been caught up

in it all , so sad . My mates wife left him  yesterday after 44yrs married, she told him

she was just going out for a bottle of milk, 3hrs later he found a note on kitchen worktop

which read "I've left you never coming back," when I  phoned  my mate this morning I said

"I'm gutted for you Dave, how are you coping mate ? " He said "Not too bad really I'm using

that powdered stuff for now ".:classic_unsure: I hope you all have a great day and keep safe .:classic_love:

Nice one.

There was a frost on the grass this morning but it is sunny now so hopefully it will be a nice day.

We had a lovely meal al fresco at a pub/restaurant last night with our Sarah.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, Cpt Pugwash said:

It's wall to wall sunshine here in Paisley and is to continue into next week but won't make a difference to me, i'm taking part in the Virtual Kiltwalk with my own challenge of walking up and down the set of stairs to my flat 26 times equal to miles in normal Kiltwalk for my favourite charity Children 1st.

Might not sound that difficult but i have a Prosthetic leg and between the operation then housebound recovering then winter kicking in then all these lockdowns over the last year i'm still not very confident wearing it.

The 'official' description of me by the Doctors and Nurses in the hospital was 'determined' my description 'slightly mad', but it's all for the kids that's all that matters.

Probably tempting fate saying this 'though i've had a few falls i've never fallen down the stairs YET'. 🙂

Good luck in your challenge. Hope all goes well.

• Like 2

Bright and sunny down here but windy and cooler again as only expected to get up to 12c.

Had an enjoyable takeaway in the garden last night with my daughter and her husband and sat out until the sun started to go down and it got a bit chilly. 

Nothing planned for today except my interview this afternoon.

Hope everyone has a good and enjoyable day.

• Like 3

Morning everyone, and Andy and Michelle.

A grass frost here early this morning too, but it soon melted as the sun rose. 5c at the moment, still chilly, but it promises to be 14c later. Could be nice enough to have an hour in the garden later. If not the warm greenhouse beckons, and I'll finish potting up some seedlings.

Good luck with the interview today Purplesea.

Have a good day all, whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

McClaren F1 were part of the consortium involved with Penlon. 

You are absolutely right to point out that many selfless folk are and were trying to help. Well done James and co. Jabbers, scientists, NHS, engineers, politicians ,civil servants et al. I join you in giving  them my thanks.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Morning everyone, and Andy and Michelle.

A grass frost here early this morning too, but it soon melted as the sun rose. 5c at the moment, still chilly, but it promises to be 14c later. Could be nice enough to have an hour in the garden later. If not the warm greenhouse beckons, and I'll finish potting up some seedlings.

Good luck with the interview today Purplesea.

Have a good day all, whatever you're up to and take care.

Avril

Off to Portsmouth today. Italian lunch booked outside. I wonder if the cruise ship we see in port will be Virgin ,or Brittany ferries?.🤔

ps. Andy and Michelle would know where we are going. I hope they are well.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 6

An absolutely beautiful day here today and the RVS have sent me a poncho to wear if it should happen to rain when I am on stewarding duty.  I think that I am supposed to cover 10 people if it rains when they are queuing outside  🤣🤣🤣IMG_20210422_135145.thumb.jpg.869b5206f645a6c25571372cddda06b7.jpg

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, purplesea said:

Bright and sunny down here but windy and cooler again as only expected to get up to 12c.

Had an enjoyable takeaway in the garden last night with my daughter and her husband and sat out until the sun started to go down and it got a bit chilly. 

Good luck with the interview 🤞🤞

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SeaJane said:

We are half way through our trip to Cornwall and it’s another beautiful day. A long walk this morning followed by lunch outdoors in the sunshine. Bliss!

138BA1C3-3EE3-4BA9-9D65-529DF815DC0F.jpeg

It looks beautiful, where in Cornwall are you ?

Stepped inside a pub for the first time this year!  Actually only went there to buy tickets for a gig next door in June, so didn't stay and have a drink in the beer garden.

No tickets - names on guest list (first time that's happened!), everyone seated at tables and table service only.  Sounds right posh. 🍾

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

An absolutely beautiful day here today and the RVS have sent me a poncho to wear if it should happen to rain when I am on stewarding duty.  I think that I am supposed to cover 10 people if it rains when they are queuing outside  🤣🤣🤣IMG_20210422_135145.thumb.jpg.869b5206f645a6c25571372cddda06b7.jpg

Careful,I saw the big bad wolf in those bushes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, SeaJane said:

We are half way through our trip to Cornwall and it’s another beautiful day. A long walk this morning followed by lunch outdoors in the sunshine. Bliss!

Another 4 weeks till we go. Leave some clotted cream and pasties please.

• Like 2

Another cracking day here, I had to clear frost of the windscreen this morning at 07:30 to go to th'Asda, it was 0oC when we set off and 8oC when we came home at 09:00. Friends came round for coffee and cake so had a good chinwag. More of the same tomorrow forecast. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SeaJane said:

That's good,the convo could get a bit intents otherwise.

A lovely day here too, except the walk we had planned with my sis and bil (not seen since last August 😕) had to be cancelled as their 14yo dog is poorly 😢

Beautiful weather.  We did a 2 hour walk from here, had one of the pork pies I’d got for our meet-up picnic for our lunch & now I’m preparing kedgereee (not like P&Os) for our supper.  A Netflix film to round off a nice, but not as good as it should have been, day

• Like 3

9 hours ago, purplesea said:

How did your interview go? Fingers crossed for you.