P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

9 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm fine. Still reading through some posts, mainly this thread and the photo thread. I'm just a bit down at the moment that's all, I don't know why. My birthday today too, maybe that's the reason, another year older. I think I've had enough birthdays now, I don't want anymore😉

It's nice to see you back Vamps.

Take care all.

Avril

Happy birthday for yesterday Avril, sorry you're feeling a bit down. As far as seeing the birthdays keep increasing, I just follow the old adage of another year wiser, my sons might disagree, but they could easily be wrong.

• Like 3

Happy Friday everyone.

Eddie, have a lovely pub lunch. Good to see you guys are improving the UK economy with gusto.

Graham, did Pauline buy those lovely shoes? They were just begging to be bought.

Avril, just remember that no matter how down you feel, at least you don't have to look at that ghastly settee and wallpaper every day.

Have a great long weekend everyone and look after yourselves. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I'm fine. Still reading through some posts, mainly this thread and the photo thread. I'm just a bit down at the moment that's all, I don't know why. My birthday today too, maybe that's the reason, another year older. I think I've had enough birthdays now, I don't want anymore😉

Take care all.

Avril

Happy Birthday Avril, hope you have a lovely day 🎂

Michelle

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Happy Friday everyone.

Eddie, have a lovely pub lunch. Good to see you guys are improving the UK economy with gusto.

Graham, did Pauline buy those lovely shoes? They were just begging to be bought.

Avril, just remember that no matter how down you feel, at least you don't have to look at that ghastly settee and wallpaper every day.

Have a great long weekend everyone and look after yourselves. Best wishes to all. Jane.x

Morning Jane.

Yes Pauline bought those shoes.

I've had a lie in this morning after our long day out yesterday.

It is currently 5°C and sunny.

I have a repeat prescription to pick up so Pauline will drop some Scarborough candy rock off at her brother's she bought for him yesterday then we will pop along to the beach with a picnic to look at the sea and dream we are on our ship's balcony.

I hope you are feeling better this morning Avril  after all your cc friends best wishes.

Take care everyone.

Graham.

• Like 5

Good morning all. Just catching up having been in the Lakes last week and taking delivery of our new housemate from Cats Protection. Meet Oscar just over 4 years old. Very timid due to his previous home but is getting more confident as the week progresses.

Managed to finally book my 2 vaccination as just past 10 weeks since my first. Had to contact my GP and the invite was forced trough the system.

Wow, just checked a balcony cabin on Disney for the exact same dates (20th August) as we’re booked on Virgin Scarlet Lady (£998 total for 2 with $200 per cabin obc including grats). Disney Magic £2082 before gratuity for obstructed view!

40C69A97-460E-445F-B08D-0D24FE6B06E1.jpeg

61FC8778-1C28-4101-8DA2-A7FC1727C254.jpeg

• Like 14

Good morning everyone and I hope you had a good birthday Avril , tomorrow 

you and Frank get your second jabs, so that's another step in the right direction :classic_smile:

My Gran used to get to feeling down around her birthdays and she would say ..

" I just want happiness, rainbows fairy's and unicorns and other wondrous things

in my life ."  "LSD it is then Gran if that's what you want" :classic_unsure:

Isn't it strange how when things seem to be on the up we get to feeling down :classic_ohmy:

It gets people getting at odds with each other, only the other day Mrs Kalos 

snapped at me for leaving a cup in the sink and had a right go at me  .She said 

"You treat this place like a hotel !"  So I have just put a review of her on Trip Advisor :classic_wink:

Life can be full of disappointments It was a sad and disappointing day When I

discovered my universal remote control i had bought  did not in fact control the

universe. Not Even remotely.:classic_sad: Never mind we get there in the end, most of you

seem to be booking your cruises again ,so happy days lie ahead for you, enjoy.

Looking in my diary It looks to be cruise-less for the foreseeable future but it 

is what it is for the foreseeable future, at least I can look forward to getting out

today for a scan this afternoon . Happy days :classic_smile: 

Enough of my ramblings , you all keep safe and happy :classic_love:

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

I've decided not to let the very small minority stop me posting, so, Good Morning.

Some sun but a mixture of light and dark cloud, so who knows ?

I had noticed Avril was missing, so pleased she is here, life is up and down, especially with all that is going on.

Had some very good news yesterday, my great niece has been accepted for the police on a graduate fast track scheme, so I am delighted.

• Like 14

22 minutes ago, kalos said:

Isn't it strange how when things seem to be on the up we get to feeling down :classic_ohmy:

"You treat this place like a hotel !"  So I have just put a review of her on Trip Advisor :classic_wink:

Well, that had two people shrieking with laughter.  Sounds just like us😍

Thank you xxxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, kalos said:

you and Frank get your second jabs, so that's another step in the right direction :classic_smile:

" I just want happiness, rainbows fairy's and unicorns and other wondrous things

discovered my universal remote control i had bought  did not in fact control the

universe. Not Even remotely.:classic_sad: Never mind we get there in the end, most of you

Looking in my diary It looks to be cruise-less for the foreseeable future but it 

is what it is for the foreseeable future, at least I can look forward to getting out

You are the perfect tonic Kalos😘 I seem to be ruled by the weather, when it's wet and miserable, then so am I.

I hope all goes well with your scan today Kalos, and the news on the health front continues to be good. 

Take care, stay safe and enjoy your day everyone, whatever you're up to.

Avril

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

I've decided not to let the very small minority stop me posting, so, Good Morning.

I had noticed Avril was missing, so pleased she is here, life is up and down, especially with all that is going on.

Had some very good news yesterday, my great niece has been accepted for the police on a graduate fast track scheme, so I am delighted.

That's the spirit Bob and just remember the only person who can stop you posting is the

Mod's or yourself, great to see you made the right decision .:classic_smile:

Fantastic news for your great niece, here's hoping she has a great time in our police force

serving and protecting us all.. Well done that young woman .:classic_love:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

Good morning all. Just catching up having been in the Lakes last week and taking delivery of our new housemate from Cats Protection. Meet Oscar just over 4 years old. Very timid due to his previous home but is getting more confident as the week progresses.

Managed to finally book my 2 vaccination as just past 10 weeks since my first. Had to contact my GP and the invite was forced trough the system.

Wow, just checked a balcony cabin on Disney for the exact same dates (20th August) as we’re booked on Virgin Scarlet Lady (£998 total for 2 with $200 per cabin obc including grats). Disney Magic £2082 before gratuity for obstructed view!

Oscar has a lovely colouring to his fur.

Those Disney prices are ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Thanks for your daily laugh in Kalos.

Good luck with your scan later today.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobstheboy said:

That's great news for your great niece and the family Bob and good to see you back.

We just need Andy back and we will have a full house again.

I'm pleased this thread is back on track talking about our daily lives during lockdown.

Take care friends.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, peteukmcr said:

He's gorgeous guys. I love his front feet. His toes look like a piano keyboard. I hope you all have a very happy life together.  Jane.x

• Like 1

2 hours ago, peteukmcr said:

My last pair of cats were rescue cats from Blue Cross - I got them at 4 months old and had them for 20 years!  By the end of their lives I was running an excellent care home for cats, but they were worth it and I still miss them.  I hope that Oscar settles in very quickly.

Agree about the Disney prices but lots of people seem to be clamouring to pay, according to another forum I frequent.  The Magic is a lovely ship though, and I was last on her for a transatlantic in 2016 with friends.  There were fewer than 100 children on board - it was September - and the cost for 2 of us, 11 nights (Barcelona to New York) in a mid ship balcony cabin including gratuities was £2370 with $150 OBC.  How things have changed!

I'll be interested to read reviews of the Virgin cruises although I'm pretty certain they are not for us.  Enjoy.

• Like 3

Morning everyone(late morning), hope everyone is ok today, sounds like lots of people have been busy with lots of different things. 
A mixture of clouds and sun here today but feels cold.

I am just making some ginger biscuits then it’s dog walking before lunch, then this afternoon think it’s a trip to B & Q(yawn) for some turf. My hubby could spend hours in there but I like to be in and back out asap.

Michelle

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

That's great news for your great niece and the family Bob and good to see you back.

We just need Andy back and we will have a full house again.

I'm pleased this thread is back on track talking about our daily lives during lockdown.

Take care friends.

Graham.

where is andy?

Im guessing things have happened on here since I was last on. 

for me today I am at work all day. Gotta have a good day on sales or I’ll lose all my months bonus. 

i really ought to stop looking at iona cos it’s so long to wait but I haven’t been this excited in over a year. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

where is andy?

for me today I am at work all day. Gotta have a good day on sales or I’ll lose all my months bonus. 

i really ought to stop looking at iona cos it’s so long to wait but I haven’t been this excited in over a year. 

When are you going on Iona? I am on the 21st May 2022 cruise and it feels so far away. I'll be scouring YouTube and Instagram once she's started sailing this summer to see what she looks like inside.

Had a busy morning so just catching up.

A belated happy birthday Avril sorry to hear you've been feeling down.

Oscar is a lovely looking cat, and I too like his toes. Hope he settles in soon, my daughter has a rescue cat and he's beginning to settle.

Sunny down her and very little breeze but still a bit on the chilly side. I suppose that comes from living near the sea.

3 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

where is andy?

He decided to stop posting after another poster was rude to him 

18 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Take care all.

Avril

Belated birthday wishes sis,computer has been playing up.Hope you feel better soon,bro.