P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Lots of people seem to be having second jabs which is excellent news. Hope you all feel ok afterwards. 
We have our second jabs next Sunday, I was quite ill after my first jab and spent most of the following day in bed so I am hoping for no reaction next week 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle 

We had our 2nd jabs today and the doctor said that if you had a bad reaction to the first one you shouldn't have a bad reaction after the 2nd, so 🤞. We were ok after our first so we'll wait and see. Either way, I feel more confident now that we can soon get our 'normal'  life back again. We had a mosey around town for an hour and then treated ourselves to a sausage roll and a chocolate eclair each, bought them home and ate them with a Americano coffee. Lovely. 

Avril

• Like 15

12 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

We had our 2nd jabs today and the doctor said that if you had a bad reaction to the first one you shouldn't have a bad reaction after the 2nd, so 🤞. We were ok after our first so we'll wait and see. Either way, I feel more confident now that we can soon get our 'normal'  life back again. We had a mosey around town for an hour and then treated ourselves to a sausage roll and a chocolate eclair each, bought them home and ate them with a Americano coffee. Lovely. 

Avril

That’s fantastic Avril and very much worth celebrating.

Can’t wait for my second jab which should be in the next two weeks 🤞🏻

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

I hope the Dr is right, I will keep my fingers crossed. Hope you’re not ill Avril

Michelle 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Dermotsgirl said:

My husband had his second jab today. I had mine just over a week ago. It’s very nice to feel that we have a good level of protection 

It certainly is. Two more weeks and we'll be as protected as it's possible to be at the moment. 

Avril

• Like 9

That’s exactly it Avril

As I passed the 9.30 queue outside the vaccination hub this morning, I thought how happy and relaxed they looked.  I thought I was probably the same when I went for mine, two weeks ago.  So different from January and the first dose, when my reaction at sitting in the (well spaced, ultra virus-killer sprayed) 15 minutes waiting room was “EEK - so many people! So close! Indoors!  Panic! (quietly))

I hope the next couple of weeks make you feel much more confident for the future.  We’re back visiting ‘hostelries’ etc and absolutely blooming in the normality of it all.  It’s been a long time.  Hopefully, this time, it is the beginning of the end 🤞

• Like 13

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

Fingers crossed for you 🤞 🤞 Hubby was bad after his first and second although not a bad second time around. I'm still waiting for my second jab, hopefully will hear next week ( as it 11weeks since my first).

Take care.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Avril

It's lovely to know that in 2 weeks you will be as protected as you can be.  I hope that neither of you get any adverse reactions 🤞🤞

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

Lots of people seem to be having second jabs which is excellent news. Hope you all feel ok afterwards. 
We have our second jabs next Sunday, I was quite ill after my first jab and spent most of the following day in bed so I am hoping for no reaction next week 

Have a lovely weekend everyone 

Michelle 

Michelle, my niece who is a GP told me that at her practice they are advising their patients to take 2 paracetamol 2 hours before their second vaccine appointment if they had problems after their first vaccine, it might be worth giving it a try if you are able to take paracetamol.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Josy1953 said:

Michelle, my niece who is a GP told me that at her practice they are advising their patients to take 2 paracetamol 2 hours before their second vaccine appointment if they had problems after their first vaccine, it might be worth giving it a try if you are able to take paracetamol.

I did consider taking paracetamol before my 2nd jab but wanted to find out if I would have any side effects (I felt ill for 24 hours after the first)from the second and thought if I took paracetamol I wouldn't know whether I had side effeccts that were controlled by the tablet or no side effects at all.Pleased to say I didn't even feel tired or have a sore arm let alone feeling ill.

• Like 6

The wife had her first jab last wed, had a bad head, aches and very sore arm. 

I had my first Jab yest, sore arm only, feel fine.

Glad us in the UK are getting through it all and still good to see so many people still wearing masks and social distancing.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Sorry to hijack everone's threads but can I just remind those who are interested that in just under 25 hours we will know who "H" is. 

Please enlighten us Jane.

H?

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Please enlighten us Jane.

H?

Line of Duty Graham. It's the last esisode of a gripping series tomorrow night. The "bent copper" who's known as "H" will be revealed in what's expected to be a thriller with massive viewing numbers. I'm a massive fan and my Sundays will be bereft when the series ends. How sad am I ? Jane.x

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Beckett said:

Line of Duty Graham. It's the last esisode of a gripping series tomorrow night. The "bent copper" who's known as "H" will be revealed in what's expected to be a thriller with massive viewing numbers. I'm a massive fan and my Sundays will be bereft when the series ends. How sad am I ? Jane.x

We have never watched it Jane.

It sounds like we have missed a good series.

Graham x.

4 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

I will do that!! Thank you 

Michelle

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham x.

It’s the best series on tv by a mile (in my opinion), I will def be watching tmoro night

Michelle

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Graham x.

This is the 6th series Graham and they're all winners. Best thing on tv for years. All available on the BBC hub. Give it a go. Jane.x

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s the best series on tv by a mile (in my opinion), I will def be watching tmoro night

Michelle

I can't wait Michelle - and I still don't have a clue who he/she is! Enjoy. Jane.x

• Like 1

Good evening everyone just catching up on here been a bit tied up looking after in-laws etc .

Avril hope every thing goes well with your jabs and don’t have any side affects.🙏

Sue I’m glad your mum is feeling a lot better and home now , I can imagine how frustrating it was for you and your father not being able to be with her and not knowing anything.

and last but not least the man himself Kalos who keeps us all so happy and cheerful with his morning verse and his selfless attitude while we’re all taking about booking our cruises and at the moment for health reasons he and Mrs Kalos can’t,  it was good to hear your latest scan was good 🙂 but not the gardening bit 😤 but I’m sure you will get there and be mowing your lawn soon , it would be nice for you to actually get away this year to the place you like  and probably meet up with graham and Pauline and maybe graham could give you a pile of chocolate to sample 😉.

and to all you others on here posting your funny pictures you know who you are , I for one certainly hope that this thread never stops . 
sandra.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Beckett said:

We have never watched it, but I hope H is the Chief Constable bloke, or that snake in the grass superintendent lady. Nasty smug person, but as I say we have never watched it.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We have never watched it, but I hope H is the Chief Constable bloke, or that snake in the grass superintendent lady. Nasty smug person, but as I say we have never watched it.🤣

You "wee donkey" - I refer to document DG14, on your screen, which proves that on or around April 14th you were in contact with a member of an OCG, and did see an episode that related to "bent coppers".

• Haha 5