P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I used to think that with age, came wisdom, obviously not😉

Avril

Wisdom came with age for me after I had to do a speed awareness course 7 years ago, I decided to change my car and wisely bought one that told me when I was exceeding the speed limit.  I have continued to buy the same sort of car since and I avoid driving David's car which doesn't tell me. 

My niece's daughter asked me why my car tells me to slow down and when I said it was so that I didn't get caught speeding she said that was cheating, I should just drive slowly like her mum does 😂😂

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Your mate JVT said two weeks the other day 😊

I wonder if his mate down the golf club told him that. I'll give it 10 days and be careful.

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Just got back from John Smiths stadium after having our second jabs, miserable wet and windy day here, so ideal for having needles stuck in you. Did manage a Costa in town centre, they have put up quite a few large canopies on the streets so at least you can sit under cover.

Pleased for you Phil 

• Like 1

Meals on wheels again tonight for the sick and wounded and armless in my situation 😂 after a very wet and windy night here lovely sunny day with still gusty winds and that’s not me 😁 just booked for my second Pfizer jab for next Wednesday so not too far behind you Graham considering we both had it the same day .

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Wisdom came with age for me after I had to do a speed awareness course 7 years ago, I decided to change my car and wisely bought one that told me when I was exceeding the speed limit.  I have continued to buy the same sort of car since and I avoid driving David's car which doesn't tell me. 

My niece's daughter asked me why my car tells me to slow down and when I said it was so that I didn't get caught speeding she said that was cheating, I should just drive slowly like her mum does 😂😂

Every car has a speedometer that tells you what speed you are doing.

• Like 2

Day started off badly by falling over whilst on morning walk. No damage apart from grazes, bruises and dented pride. Dog looked down at me as tho to say “what you doing down there”.

But, if anyone in West Sussex thought there may have been a slight earth tremor - it was just me hitting the ground 🙄
Things picked up this afternoon with phone call from GP to book me in for 2nd Pfizer jab a week today and it’ll be just under 11 weeks since 1st jab. 😃

• Like 11

2 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Day started off badly by falling over whilst on morning walk. No damage apart from grazes, bruises and dented pride. Dog looked down at me as tho to say “what you doing down there”.

But, if anyone in West Sussex thought there may have been a slight earth tremor - it was just me hitting the ground 🙄
Things picked up this afternoon with phone call from GP to book me in for 2nd Pfizer jab a week today and it’ll be just under 11 weeks since 1st jab. 😃

Oh bless you, at least you had your dog with you. I hope you don’t ache too much.

Good news to cheer you up about your jab though. A lot of the second jabs seem to be a touch under the 12 weeks. My parents, John and I were all between 10 and 11 weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Your mate JVT said two weeks the other day 😊

Two weeks it is then. If that's JVT's recommendation it has to be right😉

Avril

• Like 3

1 minute ago, brian1 said:

I'd want a Mercedes f1 simulator for that money.

The choice was 3 points on my licence and a £100 fine, or no points and a £90 course fee.

A no brainer really.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

We have just got back. 4990 points on the card, nearly there. Busy life and exciting.🤣

I don't know how you and kalos are coping with all this excitement😄

Avril

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The choice was 3 points on my licence and a £100 fine, or no points and a £90 course fee.

A no brainer really.  

They're changing the M4 to a smart motorway and its 50mph all the way from M25 to the Reading turn off.I set my CC to 52 and still some lorry was up my backside flashing me up.They don't know how these average speed cameras work,lol.

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I don't know how you and kalos are coping with all this excitement😄

Avril

I can't remember when they are stopping the cards, so £20 at the filling station should do the trick, then back to filling up at Sainsbury to top up DW's Avois account. I need to do a few E rewards surveys to get a few more Accor points. As I said to DW, don't forget we are old age pensioners . I said that as She was coming out of the Michael Kors outlet.🤣

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, brian1 said:

They're changing the M4 to a smart motorway and its 50mph all the way from M25 to the Reading turn off.I set my CC to 52 and still some lorry was up my backside flashing me up.They don't know how these average speed cameras work,lol.

Along that section there is a speed camera van as well. 🤔

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

When we had our 1st jab, we were told 3 weeks, but 4 would be preferable. After our 2nd, the same doctor said 2 weeks would be fine, but still social distance and wear a mask. There are so many different opinions on this, so we'll take our own doctor's advice. 

2 weeks or 3 weeks Zap, but certainly not 1week. I know you know better than that🙄

Avril

Doctor said to me after 2nd jab yesterday, would be 2 weeks before it came into full effect, so we still need to follow social distancing and mask wearing rules.

Edited by Snow Hill
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Doctor said to me after 2nd jab yesterday, would be 2 weeks before it came into full effect, so we still need to follow social distancing and mask wearing rules.

Exactly the same advice we had.

Avril

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, wowzz said:

A no brainer really.  

Mine was £60 about 10 years ago. Money well spent. These courses do improve your driving behaviour. We had 2 folk running it. A young Lady who was a researcher on top gear and a white van/ motorbike courier. Very good. Worth the money , only downer is that was in Bristol.

2 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Sorry to hear about your fall Gill,I hope you are okay.

Great news you have been booked in for your second Pfizer jab.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snow Hill said:

Good news you have now had your 2 vaccine jabs.

Hopefully you have had no side effects today.

I have now had my second jab. Back in the car after being jabbed just 5 minutes after leaving it. No queue, just brilliant service from people in the middle of their 10 hour shift today. Paracetamol before bed time and hopefully a better night than I had with my first jab.

Two weeks to invincibility? 🙂

• Like 10

3 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Sorry to hear you took a tumble while walking your dog. Hope you aren't too sore and recover quickly.

Take care

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ann141 said:

My late Mother in Laws excuse for speeding on Motorways was :I  have to keep up with the traffic! She never got caught on a motorway but did get caught speeding on a country lane.I haven't driven for a number of years because of medical reasons and my hubby is one of those (probably) annoying people who if anything drives too slowly and has never gone over the limit let alone got a ticket in his nearly 50 years of driving!

No he’s not annoying. He’s one of those drivers I want on the road when my children are driving.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Along that section there is a speed camera van as well. 🤔

My favourite was in the 70s when a clearly marked 40 suddenly became a 30 when a plod with a radar gun stepped out.He said didn't you count the lampposts when in the 30 zone WFflipping hell.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Hope you’ll be fine Gill

Was it tree roots?  They always make me stumble

When I went back this afternoon on our walk I noted that it was either a tree root, a stone or pure clumsiness (and possibly all three!) It happened so quick.

Am lucky I have natural padding so had a cushioned landing.....

Legs are black and blue though and not looking their best!!

• Like 2