P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

43 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I have now had my second jab. Back in the car after being jabbed just 5 minutes after leaving it. No queue, just brilliant service from people in the middle of their 10 hour shift today. Paracetamol before bed time and hopefully a better night than I had with my first jab.

Two weeks to invincibility? 🙂

Pleased for you Pete.

Good idea to have the paracetamol before bedtime.

Hopefully you have no side effects.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, brian1 said:

My favourite was in the 70s when a clearly marked 40 suddenly became a 30 when a plod with a radar gun stepped out.He said didn't you count the lampposts when in the 30 zone WFflipping hell.

Ah, as of today, I know that any road with street lights (not motorways) has a speed limit of 30mph, unless there are signs to the contrary.

5 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Day started off badly by falling over whilst on morning walk. No damage apart from grazes, bruises and dented pride. Dog looked down at me as tho to say “what you doing down there”.

But, if anyone in West Sussex thought there may have been a slight earth tremor - it was just me hitting the ground 🙄
Things picked up this afternoon with phone call from GP to book me in for 2nd Pfizer jab a week today and it’ll be just under 11 weeks since 1st jab. 😃

Sorry you had a fall to day and your not to sore , I understand how you feel I fell last week but at least it was in my daughters garden but I still had to pick myself up quickly so I didn’t upset the grandchildren, but we all get embarrassed when we fall and get up to quickly so no one will see us , glad you haven’t broken anything.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Ah, as of today, I know that any road with street lights (not motorways) has a speed limit of 30mph, unless there are signs to the contrary.

Did you enjoy your awareness course wowzz ? and it’s surprising how many people don’t know that 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Did you enjoy your awareness course wowzz ? and it’s surprising how many people don’t know that 

I'm not sure if "enjoy" is the right word, but it certainly wasn't unbearable, and I'll try and be a bit more restrained in the future.

I do remember knowing the fact about street lights many years ago, but subsequently forgot all about it.

13 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I'm not sure if "enjoy" is the right word, but it certainly wasn't unbearable, and I'll try and be a bit more restrained in the future.

I do remember knowing the fact about street lights many years ago, but subsequently forgot all about it.

But it doesn't really help, unless the actual speed limit is regularly repeated.  Although plods answer to that would presumably be to reduce your speed to 30 if your unsure.

2 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

But it doesn't really help, unless the actual speed limit is regularly repeated.  Although plods answer to that would presumably be to reduce your speed to 30 if your unsure.

As you say, if in doubt, the default speed is 30. Or, alternatively, glance at the sat nav, if you have it.

• Like 1

We have a built in sat nav that tells us where the speed cameras are and to reduce our speed NOW 😁 also we have our speed thing  (don’t know what it’s called ) that pings when going over 5 miles above the speed limit can be annoying at times but certainly makes you slow down .

32 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The bit I remember is if you hit a kid at 30 there is an 80% chance he will die. If you hit him at 20 there is an 80% chance he will live. Quite powerful.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Sorry you had a fall to day and your not to sore , I understand how you feel I fell last week but at least it was in my daughters garden but I still had to pick myself up quickly so I didn’t upset the grandchildren, but we all get embarrassed when we fall and get up to quickly so no one will see us , glad you haven’t broken anything.

Thank you. And you are so right about getting up quickly.....

I can clearly remember telling my Mum to pick her feet up as she was often tripping over things - I guess I need to take my own advice😃

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Sunny sparkling morning here in Kent but hail forecast for this afternoon. I had a brain storm last night and booked a Ventura cruise for November. Only £85 deposit for select fare. I was surprised the only balcony cabins available were aft on Riviera deck. This must be an unpopular location or maybe it is P&O grouping all the single occupancy balconies in the same area. I rather like Ventura, especially the Glass House.

Due my second jab on Friday, hopefully they will ring to remind me

• Like 7

Morning everyone, beautiful day here today with no wind but I suspect it will be a tad cold at the moment. 
Taking dog to vets for an operation on her paw for 9 this morning. She has been limping and had meds from vet but no improvement then dog groomers found a growth in between the pads on her paw so she is having it removed. She is feeling very sorry for herself not been allowed breakfast this morning.

Take care and stay safe

Michelle

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Day started off badly by falling over whilst on morning walk. No damage apart from grazes, bruises and dented pride. Dog looked down at me as tho to say “what you doing down there”.

But, if anyone in West Sussex thought there may have been a slight earth tremor - it was just me hitting the ground 🙄
Things picked up this afternoon with phone call from GP to book me in for 2nd Pfizer jab a week today and it’ll be just under 11 weeks since 1st jab. 😃

Sorry to hear about your fall, hope you’re not too sore or bruised. Good news about your jab though,  I am having my 2nd dose on Sunday 

Michelle

It’s a much better day here, too.  The wind has dropped and we have warm sunshine with about half cloud.  Temperature drops like crazy when the sun goes behind a cloud

We both got £75 on Premium Bonds this month, which feels like a good return

Hope everyone has a good, uneventful, day and that all second jabs go well 

• Like 4

Lots on the news about tomorrow's elections, especially for Scotland and Wales. In our area just a vote for the Police and Crime Commisioner. The current incumbent has done a good job with every local area having Police Community Support Officers and more bobbys on the beat. Our PCSOs have built a good relationship with the community with surgeries, interaction and social media presence.

• Like 1

Good Morning Everyone

Congrats to everyone who has had jabs over the weekend. I hope you're all feeling OK sans side-effects and glad to hear Frank is fighting fit again.

The streets of Lincs are safe to drive once more now that Wowzz has had his Driver Awareness Course! I had one about 10 years ago and found it incredibly enlightening. Obviously at that time it was a gathering and not online, and at the end we all had to go on a little test drive with one of the instructors. I have never forgotten the 80% statistic about hitting a child and I think the course made me, if not a better driver, but a more aware one.

Seems like it's 'falls week'. I also had a fall yesterday ( Gill I hope you're not too sore and recovering). We had a very unwell patient at the surgery yesterday and the plan was for me to go and collect her prescription then drive her home. On the way back from the chemist I just hit the deck. I don’t know what happened or why I fell but oh boy did it hurt! Anyway, I got back to the surgery, took the patient home, returned to work and passed out. I think it was just shock but this morning I can hardly move. Because I have severe Osteoporosis the docs think I should go for an X-ray as my leg is almost impossible to weight bear. I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

Have a good day everyone and watch your feet!

Best wishes. Jane.x

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Congrats to everyone who has had jabs over the weekend. I hope you're all feeling OK sans side-effects and glad to hear Frank is fighting fit again.

The streets of Lincs are safe to drive once more now that Wowzz has had his Driver Awareness Course! I had one about 10 years ago and found it incredibly enlightening. Obviously at that time it was a gathering and not online, and at the end we all had to go on a little test drive with one of the instructors. I have never forgotten the 80% statistic about hitting a child and I think the course made me, if not a better driver, but a more aware one.

Seems like it's 'falls week'. I also had a fall yesterday ( Gill I hope you're not too sore and recovering). We had a very unwell patient at the surgery yesterday and the plan was for me to go and collect her prescription then drive her home. On the way back from the chemist I just hit the deck. I don’t know what happened or why I fell but oh boy did it hurt! Anyway, I got back to the surgery, took the patient home, returned to work and passed out. I think it was just shock but this morning I can hardly move. Because I have severe Osteoporosis the docs think I should go for an X-ray as my leg is almost impossible to weight bear. I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

Best wishes. Jane.x

Oh no..... it is a shock as you hit the ground isn’t it.

I really hope your pain is due to muscles strained rather than anything worse.

Look after yourself.

Gill x

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Sorry to hear about your fall, hope you’re not too sore or bruised. Good news about your jab though,  I am having my 2nd dose on Sunday 

Michelle

Great news you getting your second jab on Sunday Michelle. I seem to recall our first ones being around the same time.

Bruises coming out in glorious colours (thank you witch hazel) but although stiff and tender I’m remarkably fine.

Gill x

• Like 7

Morning all :classic_biggrin: We also have a very sunny morning with Mr Blue sky but I suppose 

we must make the most of it as this weekend another deluge is due to hit the country .

Reading what Zapp put with the percentages of a child being killed reminds me of the

day of my dads funeral . My cousin was a WPC and turned up in her uniform and my

brother in law who hadn't seen her gave her a hug and said jokingly " You look smart

and seeing we're family you'd let me off with a speeding ticket ,wouldn't you Ruth ? "

To which she replied " Jay I know you are joking but a few weeks back I was searching /

picking parts of a child's body off the motorway in the middle of the night which was

down to speeding, so no and I would do my own mum if I thought, I could avoid that 

happening ." Her saying that has stuck with me for years . Also years ago I went to the 

Rotherham show where the police had a contraption  that was about 15 feet high and

was a car seat that you sat in and like a big dipper you travelled to the ground  where it 

stopped dead . This was more for people to realise the need of a seat belt , it was

estimated that you stopped at just over 20 mph and from experience on the thing I 

can tell you it was a fair old jolt and the police running it said Imagine the jolt at a

higher speed ?  I tend to travel using the sat nav which with all the audible warning 

sounds and the dash cam help when in an area I do not know.

Have a nice day and keep safe :classic_smile:

• Like 9

28 minutes ago, Beckett said:

I don't think I can face A&E so I'll see how I feel as the day develops.

Get yourself checked out Jane ,passing out did not read well , if it was any of us you

would say the same I'm sure . :classic_love:

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Morning Everyone

Best wishes. Jane.x

Oh no Jane, must have been a shock. Hope you can go and get an X ray just to be sure .

• Like 2