P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

1 hour ago, daiB said:

Mind you get about like, bonny lad. All on the other side of the river.

Gan Canny

Dai

Cheers marra.

The A19 new road at the Silver link has made a big difference.

Looks like a lot of the crew have grabbed the Superior Deluxe cabins on Azura as a lot of the cabins had lights on when we left.

4 hours ago, davecttr said:

Probably just photos and a review on here. Hopefully after my planned August cruise on her

Oh yes please. 
think we all need a little nosy at any of the ships to brighten our moods. 

2 hours ago, daiB said:

Mind you get about like, bonny lad. All on the other side of the river.

Gan Canny

Dai

I may be totally wrong but is seems ages since you posted daiB. If I am wrong ignore me - if not, it is lovely to see that username again.

But are you ‘invincible’ after 2 jabs? BBC News today:

The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

The archipelago of nearly 100,000 people recorded close to 500 new cases in the three days to 1 May and has about 1,000 active cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

23 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

But are you ‘invincible’ after 2 jabs? BBC News today:

The Seychelles, which has fully vaccinated over 60% of its population against Covid-19, is bringing back restrictions amid a rise in cases.

The archipelago of nearly 100,000 people recorded close to 500 new cases in the three days to 1 May and has about 1,000 active cases.

A third of the active cases involved people who had had two vaccine doses, the country's news agency said.

I wonder if it was the Chinese vaccine they used?

4 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

I wonder if it was the Chinese vaccine they used?

I think one of the ones used was Sinopharm, made in China. The Seychelles also opened to tourism in April. Information is a bit thin on the ground at the moment and no real scientific data. Watch this space.

Good morning everyone looks can be deceiving ,looking out it's lovely and sunny 

but only 2.c with a chill of 1.c but we will get up to 11.c today, still it's better than

what's to come this weekend .I hope all you ladies who have been falling down are

feeling better and stop doing it as it hurts and is not good for you .I blame Jean as

since she broke her hip it seems to have come a popular pastime with some of you ..

Please stop it .Leave it to the professionals.
Such as scuba divers !  Do you know why do scuba divers fall backwards when they

go diving?   No ? Well it's because if they fell forwards they’d still be on the boat.:classic_unsure:

I just do not understand why all you ladies are falling down and not so much us men .

I thought it could be somehow your bra's have become magnetised but it cannot be 

that as Jane fell backwards, this has got me baffled(nowt new there then ) but I hope 

you are all feeling better and everyone else manages to stay upright today :classic_smile:
Last but not least I was pleased to read that Michelle's pup is better and not limping 
after costing her six and half hundred  but she's her little love and worth every penny !
It's amazing what we are willing to do for our pets . Did you know a recent survey

showed  that over 49% of owners sleep with their pets on their  bed. I tried it once with

my goldfish but it died, so I now have a pet tree who lives in our garden ...

It's a bit like owning a pet dog, but the bark is a lot  quieter.:classic_wink:
I hope everyone's going to be safe  and I hope my post helps cheer up Jane , chin up

lass and take it easy ! Be safe everyone .:classic_love:

2 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone looks can be deceiving ,looking out it's lovely and sunny 

but only 2.c with a chill of 1.c but we will get up to 11.c today, still it's better than

what's to come this weekend .I hope all you ladies who have been falling down are

feeling better and stop doing it as it hurts and is not good for you .I blame Jean as

since she broke her hip it seems to have come a popular pastime with some of you ..

Please stop it .Leave it to the professionals.
Such as scuba divers !  Do you know why do scuba divers fall backwards when they

go diving?   No ? Well it's because if they fell forwards they’d still be on the boat.:classic_unsure:

I just do not understand why all you ladies are falling down and not so much us men .

I thought it could be somehow your bra's have become magnetised but it cannot be 

that as Jane fell backwards, this has got me baffled(nowt new there then ) but I hope 

you are all feeling better and everyone else manages to stay upright today :classic_smile:
Last but not least I was pleased to read that Michelle's pup is better and not limping 
after costing her six and half hundred  but she's her little love and worth every penny !
It's amazing what we are willing to do for our pets . Did you know a recent survey

showed  that over 49% of owners sleep with their pets on their  bed. I tried it once with

my goldfish but it died, so I now have a pet tree who lives in our garden ...

It's a bit like owning a pet dog, but the bark is a lot  quieter.:classic_wink:
I hope everyone's going to be safe  and I hope my post helps cheer up Jane , chin up

lass and take it easy ! Be safe everyone .:classic_love:

Your morning posts make me chuckle!!
We are one of the 49% with pets sleeping on their beds. She starts off in her own bed but always wakes up and scratches the side of our bed until hubby lifts her up. He says she bullies him. To make it worse she snores really loudly 

Have a good day everyone 

Michelle

I have cheered up now after reading Kalos morning post.

It is 3°C here but sunny with frost still on the grass.

I have my second Pfizer Vaccine jab today so I'm hoping everything is fine.

Take care everyone and let's all do our best to keep on our feet. 

Graham.

1 minute ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Hope all goes well today Graham and that you don’t suffer any after effects 

Michelle

9 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Great news mate I'm sure you will be fine and all the better for it in the long run .:classic_smile:

6 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

He may get a common side effect such as the desire to be  munching and slurping on

a McDonalds wrap & coffee whilst gazing out to sea .:classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Morning all.  That was a good one this morning kalos - thanks.  Good advice too ... don’t fall down!  I’ll always try to remember that.

Good luck with Jab 2.0 today Graham; hope you get no after effects (except immunity/protection, of course)

After a really mixed day of weather yesterday, including fearsome convectional rain and hailstorms, we are hoping for a bit of calm today.  It’s still not sunbathing weather by any means

I hope Jane is sleeping peacefully and comfortably just now, and will drop in to tell us she’s feeling a bit better when she’s ready

Have a good day everyone- Happy Jabbing to all who are  facing the 💉 today

I was chuckling away at Kalos’ daily witticisms whilst watching the snow falling here in sometimes sunny Stoke. Nice big flakes but too wet for them to settle. 

30 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I was chuckling away at Kalos’ daily witticisms whilst watching the snow falling here in sometimes sunny Stoke. Nice big flakes but too wet for them to settle. 

And now we have sun shining out of a beautiful blue sky with barely a cloud to be seen. Still cold though. No wonder the weather is such a bit topic of conversation in UK. 

55 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Michelle

Thanks Michelle.

Graham.

39 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Morning all.  That was a good one this morning kalos - thanks.  Good advice too ... don’t fall down!  I’ll always try to remember that.

Good luck with Jab 2.0 today Graham; hope you get no after effects (except immunity/protection, of course)

After a really mixed day of weather yesterday, including fearsome convectional rain and hailstorms, we are hoping for a bit of calm today.  It’s still not sunbathing weather by any means

I hope Jane is sleeping peacefully and comfortably just now, and will drop in to tell us she’s feeling a bit better when she’s ready

Have a good day everyone- Happy Jabbing to all who are  facing the 💉 today

Thanks Eddie.

Great one this morning Kalos 😂 yesterday rain and thunder hail stones gone for now , looking a bit grey out side this morning so just done a 1000 meters on rowing machine haven’t been on it for two weeks as I was resting my knee and hip 😉 my excuse anyway, just about to go out to do my weekly shop and in-laws, but I have workmen outside my house totally blocking my driveway so can’t get car out , electricity men working on new buildings next to me , they didn’t even come and knock the door to ask if I was going out !!  I’ve been really patient with all the workmen parking across the drive  for delivery’s etc big lorry’s, but all have knocked the door to ask , anyway I will be going out in 10 mins and they will have to move it , all  equipment along with van and trailer, teach them not to ask first not happy 😡 anyway pete14 enjoy your snow 

Jane I hope your still resting and not in to much pain 

Graham hope your jab goes without pain 😉

43 minutes ago, kalos said:

Great news mate I'm sure you will be fine and all the better for it in the long run .:classic_smile:

He may get a common side effect such as the desire to be  munching and slurping on

a McDonalds wrap & coffee whilst gazing out to sea .:classic_unsure::classic_wink:

Thanks buddy.

Yes I think the McDonald's wrap and coffee with sea views is on the cards.👍

Thanks all for your nods to me this morning. You don't know what it means- really. It's lovely to have such good friends who I've never met but hope to some time soon.

Kalos your post was a blinder this morning! Thanks for a real laugh out loud. 

Michelle I'm another member of the 49% club. My little dog actually goes to bed before me if he's tired. I've bought a selection of beds for him in his three year lifetime and he uses them all -  during the day! 

Eddie, I did sleep really surprisingly well thanks - drugs, medicinal of course, are a wonderful thing. Mind you I'd have bought anything off some yob in the street that first night so desperate was I. 

I'm feeling a bit better today folks after a good sleep. My daughter, who is absolutely feather-spitting furious that I didn't tell her until yesterday, has taken over. She's coming over today with food and more drugs and bringing the girls to cheer me up. I didn't tell her on Tuesday because she's such a worry-guts and would have come racing over and demanded a trip to A&E there and then - and I didn't want that. Also, and I can tell you guys of a certain age this, falls are a very common reason for admissions in the elderly. I didn't want to become one of those statistics in front of my daughter. She still thinks of me as a young- ish woman with a great career, totally independent, with no real health problems et al. My bad, my proud!

Anyway, that's me folks. Bit sore, feeling a bit foolish now, but overall in good shape. Thanks again and best wishes to all. Jane.x

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Graham.

Have a good one Graham. In my area, where there is a huge Jewish community, chicken soup is the great cure-all for every manner of ills and maladies.  For you Graham it's definitely a McDonald's so jab well and eat well! Best wishes. Jane.x

Jane let your daughter take over for a little while they like doing that and I’m sure you’ve looked after her when she’s been ill and you’ve been helping out , I know we try to be super woman rushing around doing it all but it’s time to take a rest for a little while and your soon be back to work brighter and stronger 😍

4 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Jane let your daughter take over for a little while they like doing that and I’m sure you’ve looked after her when she’s been ill and you’ve been helping out , I know we try to be super woman rushing around doing it all but it’s time to take a rest for a little while and your soon be back to work brighter and stronger 😍

Thanks Sandra - good advice and I'll try. It's not my natural instinct to let others 'do' but that probably applies to most of us. You're right though so I'll just zip it and enjoy having my bedclothes changed for me! Jane.x

18 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Thanks all for your nods to me this morning. You don't know what it means- really. It's lovely to have such good friends who I've never met but hope to some time soon.

Kalos your post was a blinder this morning! Thanks for a real laugh out loud. 

Michelle I'm another member of the 49% club. My little dog actually goes to bed before me if he's tired. I've bought a selection of beds for him in his three year lifetime and he uses them all -  during the day! 

Eddie, I did sleep really surprisingly well thanks - drugs, medicinal of course, are a wonderful thing. Mind you I'd have bought anything off some yob in the street that first night so desperate was I. 

I'm feeling a bit better today folks after a good sleep. My daughter, who is absolutely feather-spitting furious that I didn't tell her until yesterday, has taken over. She's coming over today with food and more drugs and bringing the girls to cheer me up. I didn't tell her on Tuesday because she's such a worry-guts and would have come racing over and demanded a trip to A&E there and then - and I didn't want that. Also, and I can tell you guys of a certain age this, falls are a very common reason for admissions in the elderly. I didn't want to become one of those statistics in front of my daughter. She still thinks of me as a young- ish woman with a great career, totally independent, with no real health problems et al. My bad, my proud!

Anyway, that's me folks. Bit sore, feeling a bit foolish now, but overall in good shape. Thanks again and best wishes to all. Jane.x

So pleased you slept well Jane - that is such good news.

I’m part of the 49% ers too. I have a king size bed and my cockapoo Freddie takes up 2/3 of it with me often hanging off the edge (not fallen out - yet!)

Graham - hope no after effects later from 2nd jab and enjoy your celebratory McDonalds.

Gill x

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Have a good one Graham. In my area, where there is a huge Jewish community, chicken soup is the great cure-all for every manner of ills and maladies.  For you Graham it's definitely a McDonald's so jab well and eat well! Best wishes. Jane.x

Thanks Jane.

Before lockdown as a sales representative I only used McDonald's for a coffee and to use their toilet if necessary if I was out all day.

Yesterday we got fish and chips and sat outside a restaurant at Royal Quays North Shields before driving half a mile down the road to see Azura.

We are looking forward to eating in restaurants or even pubs after May 17th.

I hope you are feeling a lot more comfortable today.

Graham x