P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

6 minutes ago, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

😁🥳

Excellent news Dave ,really pleased for you :classic_smile: Just take care of yourself. :classic_biggrin:

10 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

😁🥳

🍾 

...so which cruise have you booked/will you book?

Really pleased for you

20 minutes ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Fantastic news, really pleased for you.

21 minutes ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Have had a rubbish day and this has really put my moans into perspective and really brightened the end of the day. I am so pleased for you  - enjoy that Cava and open another if you can still stand up !!!!

🙂

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Anybody can join, no extra points for swan dives, triple pikes or backwards and forward falls. Any old trip or stumble qualifies.

image.jpeg.415a06a4b9b283e3631bd39410d5a16b.jpeg

Does my cracked rib from a fall in the rockery  as I overbalnced and fell backwards qualify, while lifting a clump of Iberis last summer?

Edited by terrierjohn

On another topic --- had a shock this morning. Was looking through my kitchen window and saw a HUGE wood pigeon sitting in the tree at the bottom of our garden. It was HUGE. I squinted a bit and wondered why the pigeon had grown to such a size until I realised that it was infact a HUGE heron !!!!

He was spying out our next door neighbour's fish pond. 

Had to smile - I called 'Harry!' but nothing happened but did wonder if he had been sent our way to wind me up !!!!

I blame Pete !

2 hours ago, July morning said:

Can I join this club I "Fell" or at least collapsed with no warning and taken to hospital via ambulance after tests still no wiser about the cause but I did suffer a broken wrist due to contact with the ground 😂 it happened a little while ago though so I may not qualify 😵

You definitely qualify JM. I've signed you up and are now an official member of the We Took a Tumble Club.  What a horrible experience for you by the way. Jane.xx

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 

Have a great week Ann. I hope the weather is kind to you and you get to see a few cruise ships. Those poor men your hubby saw this morning must feel awful. It does happen a lot but I've never known three in one session! Jane.x

17 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Does my cracked rib from a fall in the rockery  as I overbalnced and fell backwards qualify, while lifting a clump of Iberis last summer?

A tenuous link John but yes -  must have been painful. Jane.x

47 minutes ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Fantastic news Dave. You must be so relieved and delighted. An annual recall is very positive and I'm really happy for you. Enjoy that Cava! Jane.x

55 minutes ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Wonderful news, enjoy that bottle of Cava.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Anybody can join, no extra points for swan dives, triple pikes or backwards and forward falls. Any old trip or stumble qualifies.

What about getting squashed in a lift door (albeit a while ago)...hospitalised one month.  Not so much a fall.. more an up and over' 🤣

Not expected to walk again but I'm a tough old bird who now walks like a duck!!!!!

Edited by indiana123
30 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

On another topic --- had a shock this morning. Was looking through my kitchen window and saw a HUGE wood pigeon sitting in the tree at the bottom of our garden. It was HUGE. I squinted a bit and wondered why the pigeon had grown to such a size until I realised that it was infact a HUGE heron !!!!

He was spying out our next door neighbour's fish pond. 

Had to smile - I called 'Harry!' but nothing happened but did wonder if he had been sent our way to wind me up !!!!

I blame Pete !

Specsavers springs to mind, lol.

I have just got to looking at today's posts since I got back from my volunteering shift this afternoon.  I was at a local doctors' surgery that I had not been to before but as with the others that I have been to the staff and people getting the vaccine were really lovely. 

We had a lovely surprise when we finished the doctor gave me and the other volunteer a bottle of wine each which was greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, ann141 said:

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 

Enjoy your holiday Ann.  Tell your husband that he has been unlucky seeing 3 fainters, I have been doing 2 or 3 shifts a week for 4 weeks now and haven't seen anyone fainting. I have noticed that more men than women say that the vaccinations hurt.

12 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

What about getting squashed in a lift door (albeit a while ago)...hospitalised one month.  Not so much a fall.. more an up and over' 🤣

Not expected to walk again but I'm a tough old bird who now walks like a duck!!!!!

That’s quite a claim to fame!

Was the lift faulty or was it human error on your part?

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

What good news for you....... Enjoy your well deserved bottle of Cava but don’t drink too much and fall over (there are too many joining that club).

Gill x

2 hours ago, ann141 said:

Have a wonderful week away. I love that part of Devon.

Make sure you wave to any P&O ships you see.

Gill x

1 hour ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Fantastic news,It must be a huge relief to you.Enjoy the Cava and hope your 2nd jab goes well tomorrow.

55 minutes ago, Beckett said:

A tenuous link John but yes -  must have been painful. Jane.x

It needed 15/500 cocodamol for about 7/10 days before I could sleep well  and it was quite a few weeks before I could turn over comfortably in bed. 

It was a true over balance, one minute I was happily digging up the plant, then I took one step back and over I went.

1 hour ago, yorkshirephil said:

Specsavers springs to mind, lol.

It is a long garden .... that's my excuse anyway .... oh, and I was half asleep !!! 🙂

Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2021 at 12:46 PM, Beckett said:

Thanks to you all so much for your care and good advice - and it was good advice.  I have hairline fractures in the tibia and the radius, my neck is in a collar but soft tissue injury only to the neck -  a whiplash type injury where I must have thrown my head back at the point of impact.  The medics were slightly concerned about the faint and feelings of nausea but really think it was the shock of the fall and pain afterwards.  I just feel very tearful today so I'm sure the shock is coming out.  It will all heal within the next 6-8 weeks and in the meanwhile I've got my own doctors here who will take care of me.

I can't even make a joke of this today - too weepy!  Thanks again everyone, so much, and take care.  Jane. xxxx

Well done for braving A&E (not nice even in normal times) & fingers crossed you heal quicker than the estimate.

Best wishes

Damian 

Edited by DamianG
2 hours ago, davecttr said:

😁🥳

Great news Dave, best thing I’ve read today & really pleased for you. 
All the best

Damian