Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

On another topic --- had a shock this morning. Was looking through my kitchen window and saw a HUGE wood pigeon sitting in the tree at the bottom of our garden. It was HUGE. I squinted a bit and wondered why the pigeon had grown to such a size until I realised that it was infact a HUGE heron !!!!

He was spying out our next door neighbour's fish pond. 

Had to smile - I called 'Harry!' but nothing happened but did wonder if he had been sent our way to wind me up !!!!

I blame Pete !

 


EEEBE059-7F25-45DD-932C-7F2D5F36C4B6.thumb.jpeg.ee032715a9280ededf420784adfb9fbe.jpeg

This picture of Harry was taken a few days ago by someone else on our estate. Their neighbour wasn’t happy because two of their fish had disappeared from their pond. Maybe that is why he is so huge. None of this is anything to do with me. If you are at home this weekend Presto, I will put you on heron watch, we will be in Wales (as presumably you may be).

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, P&O SUE said:


Good you’ve had your second jab Graham, hope no ill effects for you.

Thanks Sue.

It was 8 hours ago and fortunately I have only a tiny pain in my arm.🤞

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, terrierjohn said:

Graham, you have done more travelling around the UK during covid, than we have done in the 20 years since retirement.🙄

Most of the beaches like Seaham,Seaburn,South Shields, Whitley bay are within 15 miles of home.

When we went to Scarborough and Whitby last week I did some sales calls in Redcar and Marske first.

I have averaged about 40,000 miles driving each year for the last 40 years as a sales representative and as I sell chocolate into food retailers I have been able if I wanted to travel during covid19 lockdown.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, July morning said:

Can I join this club I "Fell" or at least collapsed with no warning and taken to hospital via ambulance after tests still no wiser about the cause but I did suffer a broken wrist due to contact with the ground 😂 it happened a little while ago though so I may not qualify 😵

I hope you are well now and have had no more falls.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much for the kind replies folks. Can I join the falling over club? sort of. A few years ago I fell out of bed, just turned over in my sleep and the bed was not there, and me not even drunk!. I demolished the bedside cabinet on the way down and lay there shocked for a long time. The bruises took weeks to disappear.

 

I will leave the Cava for later, meanwhile I have half a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced in the fridge. I like it mixed with Lemonade and a dash of orange juice, introduced to me by Marie, a bar lady on Marella Discovery. Guess what it tastes like, remember Cream Soda 😵

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ann141 said:

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 

 Hope the weather is good and you both have a great week in Devon next week Ann.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, pete14 said:


EEEBE059-7F25-45DD-932C-7F2D5F36C4B6.thumb.jpeg.ee032715a9280ededf420784adfb9fbe.jpeg

This picture of Harry was taken a few days ago by someone else on our estate. Their neighbour wasn’t happy because two of their fish had disappeared from their pond. Maybe that is why he is so huge. None of this is anything to do with me. If you are at home this weekend Presto, I will put you on heron watch, we will be in Wales (as presumably you may be).

Nope not the same one ---- doesn't look like our heron ! That means there could be two !

At home this weekend so will do the Harry Watch for you 😉

Hope the weather is kind, it looks grim 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳

Great news Dave.

Good luck with your second jab tomorrow as well.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Nope not the same one ---- doesn't look like our heron ! That means there could be two !

At home this weekend so will do the Harry Watch for you 😉

Hope the weather is kind, it looks grim 

I thought all herons look the same although I admit, this one does not look much like a wood pigeon. 😇

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I thought all herons look the same although I admit, this one does not look much like a wood pigeon. 😇

This one was all hunched up and looked like Rod Hull's emu until he / she stretched a bit 😉

 

Re the wood pigeon --- just thought we had been feeding them too well !!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

That’s quite a claim to fame!

Was the lift faulty or was it human error on your part?

 

 

It was in Rome en route to a lovely cruise.  In Rome old lifts do not need sensors, but sensors have to be put in when changing or when certain serious faults need to be repaired.  That's what we were told.  The door hit my case and into the air I flew!

 

Ambulance men there do not stabilise you, they just pick you up and take you to hospital.  OH was hanging on to leg and foot trying to keep it still.   I could relate some stories about it all  but I just have to be grateful that whatever the conditions one Dr did save my foot.

 

After one procedure and two ops  I was flown home and went to Medway Hospital.  They get a lot of flak but I was so pleased, and the food tasted  like it should have been Michelin starred.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳

That’s great news, what a relief.

 

A few years ago I had to have an MRI scan and when it came back clear , I could see the future rolling out in front of me again.


Really pleased for you 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

What about getting squashed in a lift door (albeit a while ago)...hospitalised one month.  Not so much a fall.. more an up and over' 🤣

 

Not expected to walk again but I'm a tough old bird who now walks like a duck!!!!!

You're most certainly enrolled Indiana - we need all the tough old birds we can get. Jane.x

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DamianG said:


Well done for braving A&E (not nice even in normal times) & fingers crossed you heal quicker than the estimate.

Best wishes

Damian 

Thanks so much Damian. A&E was kind to me in that the wait was very short. I was lucky and they were great. Best wishes. Jane.x

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ann141 said:

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 


Ann have a good holiday tomorrow and I hope the weather is good to you , I like Devon as well , I’ve just had a look on my vessel finder and you might see Arcadia, queen mary 2 , and Marella  explorer between the Teignmouth & Torquay cost ,further on round to Paignton you got two other marella ships and Eurodam .

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, davecttr said:

Thanks very much for the kind replies folks. Can I join the falling over club? sort of. A few years ago I fell out of bed, just turned over in my sleep and the bed was not there, and me not even drunk!. I demolished the bedside cabinet on the way down and lay there shocked for a long time. The bruises took weeks to disappear.

 

I will leave the Cava for later, meanwhile I have half a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced in the fridge. I like it mixed with Lemonade and a dash of orange juice, introduced to me by Marie, a bar lady on Marella Discovery. Guess what it tastes like, remember Cream Soda 😵

Yes Dave. Although this was, strictly speaking,  not a fall, more of a falling out, it would be very unkind not to admit you in view of your excellent news today. I loved cream soda - with milk. Jane.x

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳


 

So happy for you Dave your results are good, as you know my husband went through the same thing as you a few weeks back , have your jab tomorrow and then open that bottle of cava and celebrate🥂🍾

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone I hope everyone is upright this morning, the way we are meant 

to be unless we are laid in bed ,the mishaps were really coming out of the woodwork

yesterday and joining Jane's fall down club but you all survived to tell the tale and that's

the main thing :classic_love: Lets hope today we can all get out and about for a walk before this 

weekends monsoon:classic_unsure: I see that Sea Jane was out playing golf yesterday morning.

It's nice to see some of you are getting out and about again, one of my mates has took up
golf and he was showing me his new golf ball. He was telling me "It's impossible to lose,"

 he said. "If you hit it into the rough it sends out a GPS signal so you can track it down."
"That's great," I replied, "but what happens if you it hit into the water?":classic_unsure: "Simple. The ball

floats to the surface and tracks its way back toward you and you just scoop it back out."
"Brilliant!"  I said, "Where did you get it?"...     "I found it." was his answer :classic_wacko:
I was watching the Gadget show on TV the other night and was amazed at the technology
they have in sport these days . There is actually  a new golf ball for amateurs that will

automatically go into  the hole if you get it within four inches. It does come with a very strict 
warning though ... Do not carry it in your back pocket !  :classic_ohmy:
I don't think I will ever take the game up anyway ,as It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way

I do.:classic_wink:

Wow it's Friday again ! 1386232225_imagesweekend.png.c092b0e7fe83c4544d19725ee39b42e0.pngand all of you keep safe !:classic_love:

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳

Congrats on your 'win', you must be relieved.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning all. such a lot to catch up on in a few days! Best wishes to all recovering from their injuries / falls. I know how long it can take to get back to normal. My mum (who is 85 next week) had a fall about a month ago, nothing broken but is still recovering, slowly but getting there.

 

So this week has been a bit busy. New lawn laid on Weds and I was told to water it every day, thankfully the weather has saved me a job! Yesterday, whilst working outdoors (Mobile Testing Unit) we think we experienced all 4 seasons. One minute sunshine, next freezing winds, then rain followed by hail!

 

Anyway, had my 2nd Pfizer jab and even fewer side effects than after the 1st. So celebrated by booking yet another cruise for April 2022! Muscat to Cyprus via the Suez Canal.


Off to hand out more PCR tests shortly. Hopefully drier today, but the forecast is not good for tomorrow, but won't have to water the new lawn!

0832ECB6-A505-4843-9F9E-CCBBC033DB45.jpeg

86B10FED-3634-42F7-9E6C-0129A6B7D9E1.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Had my second vaccination (AstraZeneca) yesterday. As with the first one,  absolutely no side effects whatsoever ( so far, anyway!),  not even a sore arm.

The vaccination centre was much busier than when I went for my first jab, with a mixture of first and second jabs being given, but the whole procedure, excluding waiting after the injection, still only took 15 minutes. 

Congratulations to all involved,  who even after all these weeks were still cheerful and welcoming.   

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, kalos said:

Good morning everyone I hope everyone is upright this morning, the way we are meant 

to be unless we are laid in bed ,the mishaps were really coming out of the woodwork

yesterday and joining Jane's fall down club but you all survived to tell the tale and that's

the main thing :classic_love: Lets hope today we can all get out and about for a walk before this 

weekends monsoon:classic_unsure: I see that Sea Jane was out playing golf yesterday morning.

It's nice to see some of you are getting out and about again, one of my mates has took up
golf and he was showing me his new golf ball. He was telling me "It's impossible to lose,"

 he said. "If you hit it into the rough it sends out a GPS signal so you can track it down."
"That's great," I replied, "but what happens if you it hit into the water?":classic_unsure: "Simple. The ball

floats to the surface and tracks its way back toward you and you just scoop it back out."
"Brilliant!"  I said, "Where did you get it?"...     "I found it." was his answer :classic_wacko:
I was watching the Gadget show on TV the other night and was amazed at the technology
they have in sport these days . There is actually  a new golf ball for amateurs that will

automatically go into  the hole if you get it within four inches. It does come with a very strict 
warning though ... Do not carry it in your back pocket !  :classic_ohmy:
I don't think I will ever take the game up anyway ,as It takes a lot of balls to play golf the way

I do.:classic_wink:

Wow it's Friday again ! 1386232225_imagesweekend.png.c092b0e7fe83c4544d19725ee39b42e0.pngand all of you keep safe !:classic_love:

Laugh out loud moment there Kalos. Was glad no cup of tea in hand!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

4°C frost on grass again but it is sunny.

I only have a slight pain at the injection site from my second Pfizer jab yesterday.

I arrived 10 minutes early for my jab and they stamped my card and sent me straight into the surgery and gave me a vaccine jab then I had to wait 15 minutes then left the centre.

Hope everyone has a fall free day.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, davecttr said:

Thanks very much for the kind replies folks. Can I join the falling over club? sort of. A few years ago I fell out of bed, just turned over in my sleep and the bed was not there, and me not even drunk!. I demolished the bedside cabinet on the way down and lay there shocked for a long time. The bruises took weeks to disappear.

 

I will leave the Cava for later, meanwhile I have half a bottle of Captain Morgan's Spiced in the fridge. I like it mixed with Lemonade and a dash of orange juice, introduced to me by Marie, a bar lady on Marella Discovery. Guess what it tastes like, remember Cream Soda 😵

Congrtatulations on your good results Dave, what a weight off your shoulders that must be. It definitely deserves a celebration, either the Cava or your special 'Cream Soda', but make sure you stay in the middle of the bed.😉

Good luck with your jab.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: American Queen Steamboat Company - Celebrate Your Freedom
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...