Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I sometimes swear in them.


I’m another fan of Crocs and could probably put my hands on at least a half a dozen pairs in addition to the old ones for garden use.  I have 3 pairs with a fluffy lining for winter and 2 pairs where the holes are Mickey Mouse shaped.  I won’t wear them if it’s wet though, not nearly enough grip and I’ve no desire to join the illustrious band of ‘trippers’ on this thread 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

They have graham on the princess forum, I got caught up on that .😂😂

?? Not me for at least 1 year

Please advise Sandra.

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We decided we would have a run to Junction 32 outlet even though it was pouring down, just didn't fancy sitting in all day, it was 4oC when we set out, we thought at least it will be quiet and we will have to stand under the awning with our coffee, it was heaving so we went to Costa first, we got a table under the awning. I got a nice cruise shirt from Moss Bross and a new pair of Crocs and Mrs YP got some shoes.

 

So I am starting a new debate, Crocs; Yeah or Nay. I love my crocs, and always have at least 3 pairs on the go, a pair for knocking about the garden, a pair for summer walking and the newest pair for cruise/holidays. I can walk all day in crocs and my feet never feel tired, they are very light and great for packing, if on holiday you can walk in the sea and they are easy to clean, however they will never win a fashion contest. 

 

A definite yes from our son. Then again he's only 10...😃

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

?? Not me for at least 1 year

Please advise Sandra.

No not you graham it was on the question of “new to princess a few questions “ and it got on to the formal night wear that some people think is good to wear to formal nights , wowzz will know what I mean , but I left it  allowing it to carry on and not be too drawn into it , I know how I dress for formal nights all the gear long dress , hubby’s tuxedo up, and then for every night dinner we still get dressed up , why not ? It’s not if I’ve been busy all day doing housework, just been lazing around soaking up the sun it’s the least I can do for all the lovely waiters that work so hard and put in their effort that we have a lovely meal 🤗

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Purdey16 said:

No not you graham it was on the question of “new to princess a few questions “ and it got on to the formal night wear that some people think is good to wear to formal nights , wowzz will know what I mean , but I left it  allowing it to carry on and not be too drawn into it , I know how I dress for formal nights all the gear long dress , hubby’s tuxedo up, and then for every night dinner we still get dressed up , why not ? It’s not if I’ve been busy all day doing housework, just been lazing around soaking up the sun it’s the least I can do for all the lovely waiters that work so hard and put in their effort that we have a lovely meal 🤗

Thanks for your reply Sandra.

Pauline wears a different cocktail dress every night and I wear smart shoes, trousers and shirt every night and a suit and tie on Formal nights.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Thanks for your reply Sandra.

Pauline wears a different cocktail dress every night and I wear smart shoes, trousers and shirt every night and a suit and tie on Formal nights.

Graham.

I like to see that & we do the same. You don’t get chance to dress up at home often so why not on a cruise for a change? 
Michelle 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good evening all, what a lot of posts and I’ve only not been on here since Thursday! Gloomy day here and with John at work even more boring!

 

Yesterday was better as son, his fiancée and our gorgeous Joshua popped over. 
He marched in with such a big smile on his face and went straight to the garden! He’ll be shocked when he can stay indoors! I didn’t get to talk to my son too much as Joshua kept dragging me off to the sandpit! It was very therapeutic digging in the sand 😆
 

On Wednesday he’s going to be dropped off for a couple of hours so he can get used to coming again and hope he’s ok without his mum and dad there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 5:00 PM, ann141 said:

I hope everyone who has fallen recently continues to improve and those who have had 2nd jabs have no side effects.My hubby has volunteered to help direct people at the Vaccination centre (our local theatre) and during his first shift today he saw 3 people faint all quite big men!!A couple of them said they were feeling faint first but another just fell on the floor from his chair without warning!

Won't be on the CC boards much next week as we are travelling to Devon tomorrow for a weeks holiday!Hoping to see a cruise ship or 2 if they are venturing out to the Torbay area. 


Have a lovely holiday Ann, hope you get some decent weather.

 

On 5/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳

 

Brilliant news Dave, must be such a relief. They’ll be no stopping you booking cruises , especially now you’re double jabbed!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2021 at 7:22 PM, Presto2 said:

I know that people need a break and holiday and totally get that. What I don't get is everyone on the news saying that holidays are cancelled because they can not go abroad. Why?

 

We are more than happy to be thinking of beautiful Wales and our caravan for however long it takes

 

My first holiday abroad was when I was 21 - up to that point I had some beautiful, amazing, memorable holidays in the UK : beautiful Wales, Bridlington , Paignton, Cornwall, The Lake District and many happy holidays in Blackpool ! 

 

We have a beautiful country. Can we guarantee the sunshine? No .... but hey ho, it makes it a beautiful green place. (OK  we sometimes get webbed feet but ducks are happy...)

 

The thing we have learned over the last 18 months is not to take what we have in the UK for granted .... go out there and enjoy.

 

 


Totally agree Presto. We’re in such a good position now I hope we don’t get too many cases brought in. I’m really looking forward to my Lake District holiday in July. I couldn’t stand the stress if a green country turned amber or red when away, it’s not worth the hassle!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

I got mine from Sports direct this morning, 30% off the price. You probably find most shoes are actually bad for your feet, how many people suffer in old age for the shoes they wore when they were younger. I have never found any shoes more comfy than crocs, I spent silly money on running shoes/trainers in years gone by that were not as comfy. Them days I was built for speed not comfort.

I buy mine from Aldi/ Lidl at £5 a pair. Do they count? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

No not you graham it was on the question of “new to princess a few questions “ and it got on to the formal night wear that some people think is good to wear to formal nights , wowzz will know what I mean , but I left it  allowing it to carry on and not be too drawn into it , I know how I dress for formal nights all the gear long dress , hubby’s tuxedo up, and then for every night dinner we still get dressed up , why not ? It’s not if I’ve been busy all day doing housework, just been lazing around soaking up the sun it’s the least I can do for all the lovely waiters that work so hard and put in their effort that we have a lovely meal 🤗

Yes, I do know what you mean.

I must admit,  I did stir the pot a little. Our American friends do take themselves very seriously at times!  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Never worn Crocs but see there a lot of fans here. I went on a cruise with a friend a few years ago and she lived in hers. It took a lot of persuading on my part to convince her they weren't suitable for a formal night!

 

I tend to live in Skechers and Fit-flops and am dreading having to dig out my high heels again for any sort of dressy-up occasion now because I know I'd find them excruciating. Oh for the days when style trumped comfort - when I'd wake up after a night out with my feet torn to shreds from the heels and I didn't notice until the next day because I'd had far too much to drink! Living in London, we had our pick of the clubs - Stringfellows, The Hippodrome, the Camden Palace were all favoured haunts - then on to Mike's Diner at 4am to have breakfast and get the Sunday papers. Actually, I think I prefer now - a nondrinking, Skecher-wearing nan who does nothing more adventurous than walk the dog!

 

Have a good day everyone. Jane.x

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping well and those of you who have had recent falls are on the road to recovery.

Well it’s a mixture of clouds and sun here but definitely feels warmer thank goodness. 
We are going for our 2nd jabs at 10 this morning, hopefully no side effects this time, I am going to take a couple of paracetamol before we go. Hubby is going to make us a nice brunch when we get home.

Stay safe and have a good day

Michelle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

Good evening all, what a lot of posts and I’ve only not been on here since Thursday! Gloomy day here and with John at work even more boring!

 

Yesterday was better as son, his fiancée and our gorgeous Joshua popped over. 
He marched in with such a big smile on his face and went straight to the garden! He’ll be shocked when he can stay indoors! I didn’t get to talk to my son too much as Joshua kept dragging me off to the sandpit! It was very therapeutic digging in the sand 😆
 

On Wednesday he’s going to be dropped off for a couple of hours so he can get used to coming again and hope he’s ok without his mum and dad there.

That’s great news that you’re spending more time with your grandson, so happy for you 🥰 I hope Wednesday goes well, I’m sure he’ll be fine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Never worn Crocs but see there a lot of fans here. I went on a cruise with a friend a few years ago and she lived in hers. It took a lot of persuading on my part to convince her they weren't suitable for a formal night!

 

I tend to live in Skechers and Fit-flops and am dreading having to dig out my high heels again for any sort of dressy-up occasion now because I know I'd find them excruciating. Oh for the days when style trumped comfort - when I'd wake up after a night out with my feet torn to shreds from the heels and I didn't notice until the next day because I'd had far too much to drink! Living in London, we had our pick of the clubs - Stringfellows, The Hippodrome, the Camden Palace were all favoured haunts - then on to Mike's Diner at 4am to have breakfast and get the Sunday papers. Actually, I think I prefer now - a nondrinking, Skecher-wearing nan who does nothing more adventurous than walk the dog!

 

Have a good day everyone. Jane.x

 

 

I’m a fellow Skechers fan, they’re so comfy and always my first choice for trainers. I’ve also got a pair of heeled Skecher suede winter boots, comfortable enough to wear all day, and this year I’m trying some of their flat sandals and slip on canvas shoes. 
I do love my high heeled shoes too though and have been wearing them to do the ironing so I don’t forget how to walk in them 😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2021 at 5:43 PM, davecttr said:

I have just won Euromillions!

 

Actually it is MUCH better than that. I have just had confirmed that my MRI scan and all the other tests indicate that the cancer scare is either a low grade cancer or not cancer at all. Not even any need for a biopsy. The treatment? annual monitoring of my PSA level and if it goes above about 4.5 they will take another look, next blood test next year.

 

I have a bottle of Cava to stick in the fridge, or maybe not, second jab tomorrow.

 

😁🥳

Fantastic news! 🎉

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

We decided we would have a run to Junction 32 outlet even though it was pouring down, just didn't fancy sitting in all day, it was 4oC when we set out, we thought at least it will be quiet and we will have to stand under the awning with our coffee, it was heaving so we went to Costa first, we got a table under the awning. I got a nice cruise shirt from Moss Bross and a new pair of Crocs and Mrs YP got some shoes.

 

So I am starting a new debate, Crocs; Yeah or Nay. I love my crocs, and always have at least 3 pairs on the go, a pair for knocking about the garden, a pair for summer walking and the newest pair for cruise/holidays. I can walk all day in crocs and my feet never feel tired, they are very light and great for packing, if on holiday you can walk in the sea and they are easy to clean, however they will never win a fashion contest. 

I more or less live in them in Italy.5 Euro a go,not the originals but not bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:


I’m another fan of Crocs and could probably put my hands on at least a half a dozen pairs in addition to the old ones for garden use.  I have 3 pairs with a fluffy lining for winter and 2 pairs where the holes are Mickey Mouse shaped.  I won’t wear them if it’s wet though, not nearly enough grip and I’ve no desire to join the illustrious band of ‘trippers’ on this thread 😉

LOL'I wear mine in the sauna on the ship.The squelching noise can be heard the whole length of the ships corridor when I walk back.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

Morning everyone, hope you are all keeping well and those of you who have had recent falls are on the road to recovery.

Well it’s a mixture of clouds and sun here but definitely feels warmer thank goodness. 
We are going for our 2nd jabs at 10 this morning, hopefully no side effects this time, I am going to take a couple of paracetamol before we go. Hubby is going to make us a nice brunch when we get home.

Stay safe and have a good day

Michelle 

Good luck today Michelle.

Graham.

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

I’m a fellow Skechers fan, they’re so comfy and always my first choice for trainers. I’ve also got a pair of heeled Skecher suede winter boots, comfortable enough to wear all day, and this year I’m trying some of their flat sandals and slip on canvas shoes. 
I do love my high heeled shoes too though and have been wearing them to do the ironing so I don’t forget how to walk in them 😊

I’m a sketchers fan too. 
I have recently got rid of my high heeled shoes. I’m far too likely to topple off them these days......

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Beckett said:

Never worn Crocs but see there a lot of fans here. I went on a cruise with a friend a few years ago and she lived in hers. It took a lot of persuading on my part to convince her they weren't suitable for a formal night!

 

I tend to live in Skechers and Fit-flops and am dreading having to dig out my high heels again for any sort of dressy-up occasion now because I know I'd find them excruciating. Oh for the days when style trumped comfort - when I'd wake up after a night out with my feet torn to shreds from the heels and I didn't notice until the next day because I'd had far too much to drink! Living in London, we had our pick of the clubs - Stringfellows, The Hippodrome, the Camden Palace were all favoured haunts - then on to Mike's Diner at 4am to have breakfast and get the Sunday papers. Actually, I think I prefer now - a nondrinking, Skecher-wearing nan who does nothing more adventurous than walk the dog!

 

Have a good day everyone. Jane.x

 

 

You should try the crocs Jane, they are very wide thus creating a wide surface area, much harder to fall down in😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, wowzz said:

Yes, I do know what you mean.

I must admit,  I did stir the pot a little. Our American friends do take themselves very seriously at times!  

My favourite wind up was saying why does a Barrista have to serve coffee all day when he earns fortunes at the Old Bailey.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another sketchers fan here and I’ve also got a nice pair of shoes and ankle boots which I’ve lived  in this winter from fitflop. I don’t like the look of crocs but I am a fan of comfort these days 😊 Hearing they don’t have a lot of support will be a big no no for me as I had that awful plantar thing on my heel a couple of years ago. Hence the fit flops they are pricey but worth it. In the summer I have some M&S sandals with thick soles that do the trick.

I wasn’t sure what I was going to wear for work last summer and, in the end, didn’t need to worry as I just wore slippers 😆 I’ve got some ‘fit flop’ sliders now I use as slippers as I wear them so much. The heel thing isn’t helped by flats (surprisingly) so that had to change for slippers! On a ship in the evenings I tend to go for a wedge heel, much more stable 😊.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...