Jump to content

P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Neighbours of ours are current having work done on their drive, the workmen brought along their own portaloo for the day. This is clearly not practical for short visits, however when our boiler service was booked last month, the local company we used told us in advance what would happen.

 

1. The engineer would access the property by the door nearest the location of the boiler

2. All areas accessed by the engineer would be sanitised before they left

3. Engineers would not ask to use toilets or access parts of property other than areas being serviced.

4. No paperwork would need to be signed by owner, this would be initialed on owners behalf and left in boiler location

5. PPE would be worn and owners are respectfully asked to reciprocate in any interaction with engineers 

 

 

This is to safeguard ALL parties not just the householder.I remember years ago b4 all this PPE and precautions,I was the only engineer prepared to change the boiler of a guy with full blown aids.The poor sod made me several cups of tea and we sat down for chats and yes I probably used his toilet.I'm still alive and kicking unlike him sadly.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

OMG - All this talk last night of thunderstorms.  Just saw on the news that a young lad in Blackpool was killed by lightning.  Tragic.

It was on our local news last night, it’s only about a mile from where we live. Totally tragic

Michelle 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

It was on our local news last night, it’s only about a mile from where we live. Totally tragic

Michelle 

People joke about “being more likely to be struck by lightening” but it does sadly happen, a colleagues brother died the same way.

 

The parents of that lad must be devastated. The story made the main news up here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

OMG - All this talk last night of thunderstorms.  Just saw on the news that a young lad in Blackpool was killed by lightning.  Tragic.

How awful. Fortunately, we rarely have electric thunderstorms as bad as we had last night. Both fork and sheet lightening at the same time and the thunder never stopped, just kept rumbling constantly. That poor boy's family, so sad.

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning.  The calm after the storm, mixture of blue sky, light and dark cloud, so another changeable day. A real storm last night and sad to see it cost the life of a young boy, outside playing football, something most of us males would have done in our younger days, fate.

 

Some shopping, quick present drop off for wifes cousins birthday. In normal times it would have been a family party, one of those that starts early afternoon and finishes very late. Oh well another time.

 

Stay safe.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyway enough of taking the P(pun intended).We're taking my OH's brother to see their sister in Basingstoke next week.His wife died on Jan 3rd and hasn't seen his sister in 18 months.We're staying at the Premier Inn and booked an INSIDE table for 7pm dinner,yay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Good morning everyone and Andy and Michelle.

What a night!!! Did everyone have that storm last night, or were we Northerners just lucky. Such a change now, lovely and calm, a few dark clouds, which as Bob says, looks to be another changable day, but sunny for now and 12c. The sugar snap peas that were coming up will need to be replaced. The hailstones battered them into the ground, so that's a job to be done, and Frank's going to finish off repairing the fence, other than that, the day looks pretty uneventful.

No kalos again this morning. I hope he's alright as he was conspicuous by his absence yesterday.

Have a good day everyone whatever you're up to and take care

Avril

 

Edited by Adawn47
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good morning everyone.  We were lucky last night, lots of rain but only a couple of distant claps of thunder, I had to pull over to the side of the road for 5 minutes on my way home from bowling because the rain was so heavy that the road was flooding and the windscreen wipers were unable to clear all of the water.  It was terrible news about the young lad who was killed by the lightening.

My legs and back are feeling the after effects of bowling yesterday.  It was a bad match for our team, we all lost but as our captain said we have at least got the worst away fixture out of the way early.  My opponent told me that they had been practicing since mid February even though It was against the covid rules.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone.  We were lucky last night, lots of rain but only a couple of distant claps of thunder, I had to pull over to the side of the road for 5 minutes on my way home from bowling because the rain was so heavy that the road was flooding and the windscreen wipers were unable to clear all of the water.  It was terrible news about the young lad who was killed by the lightening.

My legs and back are feeling the after effects of bowling yesterday.  It was a bad match for our team, we all lost but as our captain said we have at least got the worst away fixture out of the way early.  My opponent told me that they had been practicing since mid February even though It was against the covid rules.

 An unfair advantage there Josy, it was a hollow victory. I should demand a stewards enquiry😉 Your team may have lost, but you stuck to covid guidelines regardless, and that's something to be proud of. 

Avril

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone and Andy and Michelle.

What a night!!! Did everyone have that storm last night, or were we Northerners just lucky. Such a change now, lovely and calm, a few dark clouds, which as Bob says, looks to be another changable day, but sunny for now and 12c. The sugar snap peas that were coming up will need to be replaced. The hailstones battered them into the ground, so that's a job to be done, and Frank's going to finish off repairing the fence, other than that, the day looks pretty uneventful.

No kalos again this morning. I hope he's alright as he was conspicuous by his absence yesterday.

Have a good day everyone whatever you're up to and take care

Avril

 

Morning Avril.

I too hope Kalos is okay.

His early morning post is always a joy to read.

It is 10°C here and Sunny.

We were at church this morning.

The church warden had hurt her hand so Pauline wrote all our parents names into the church Book Of Remembrance with the guidance of the church warden.

She had to use a special pen and she did a great very neat job.

 

Edited by grapau27
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good afternoon everyone, still lovely blue skies here but we are due a shower .

 

Avril yes you were the lucky ones that got all the storms we just had a shower last night .

Where is Kalos ? That’s two days he’s not posted on here I really do hope he’s well and nobody has upset him or they’ll have me to answer to 😡

 

Ive been up since 5.30 this morning had a early phone call that mother-in-law had fallen again and couldn’t get up , she’s all ok and back into bed .

 

Went for my 2 nd covid jab at 8.30 this morning too so all good so far .

Have a nice day all

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good afternoon everyone, still lovely blue skies here but we are due a shower .

 

Avril yes you were the lucky ones that got all the storms we just had a shower last night .

Where is Kalos ? That’s two days he’s not posted on here I really do hope he’s well and nobody has upset him or they’ll have me to answer to 😡

 

Ive been up since 5.30 this morning had a early phone call that mother-in-law had fallen again and couldn’t get up , she’s all ok and back into bed .

 

Went for my 2 nd covid jab at 8.30 this morning too so all good so far .

Have a nice day all

I hope that you don't get any reaction to your jab.  

Edited by Josy1953
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Hope you don't get any reaction to your jab.  

Thank you I hope not I’ve got too many responsibilities at moment with the in-laws, I have a headache at moment so I’ve taken paracetamols now , I’m sure il be fine and soldier on 🥴

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good afternoon everyone, still lovely blue skies here but we are due a shower .

 

Avril yes you were the lucky ones that got all the storms we just had a shower last night .

Where is Kalos ? That’s two days he’s not posted on here I really do hope he’s well and nobody has upset him or they’ll have me to answer to 😡

 

Ive been up since 5.30 this morning had a early phone call that mother-in-law had fallen again and couldn’t get up , she’s all ok and back into bed .

 

Went for my 2 nd covid jab at 8.30 this morning too so all good so far .

Have a nice day all

I hope your mother in law is okay.

Great news you have had your second vaccine jab.

Kalos is usually first to like my posts so I am concerned about him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Good afternoon everyone, still lovely blue skies here but we are due a shower .

 

Avril yes you were the lucky ones that got all the storms we just had a shower last night .

Where is Kalos ? That’s two days he’s not posted on here I really do hope he’s well and nobody has upset him or they’ll have me to answer to 😡

 

Ive been up since 5.30 this morning had a early phone call that mother-in-law had fallen again and couldn’t get up , she’s all ok and back into bed .

 

Went for my 2 nd covid jab at 8.30 this morning too so all good so far .

Have a nice day all

Pleased your MIL ok.

I also had my 2nd jab yesterday afternoon (Pfizer). 1st jab was sore arm and extreme tiredness. This time a sore arm again which is easing and a headache which has gone. Happy Days.

I too am missing Kalos - I think his daily posts cheer us all up.

Gill x

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

@kalos.@Andy&Michelle.

It is currently 21°C here and we have just had a pleasant walk along the beach

IMG_20210512_130524.jpg

IMG_20210512_130458.jpg

Lovely photos Graham. Pauline always looks so elegant and is very photogenic. 
Gill x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi kalos

Afternoon everyone 

Nice to catch up with news

Jabs are going well.  I see they are calling 38 & 39yo’s for nest week

 

We had a lovely Wednesday walking group walk and met three groups doing the route the other way round! 6.6km, so should sleep well tonight.  Almost all the route was wooded, so we had a carpet of bluebells

 

 

6AA7D8B9-DD38-47DC-8A83-B05C67BB16A5.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Angel57 said:

Lovely photos Graham. Pauline always looks so elegant and is very photogenic. 
Gill x

Thanks Gill.

I had a neck ache after my second Pfizer jab on Thursday and it felt like a tension headache on Friday plus I was tired all day on Saturday but fine now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

My son - early 40s - had Moderna on Monday

 

 

 

More bluebells, with happy dogs

(I can vouch for the fact that the white one is sleeping soundly, as I type)

 

 

13A40E98-C36A-4F9A-A469-1D69D6FA6DD5.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kalos, you can see from all the previous posts how much you are valued and missed. Hope you're ok and everyone looks forward to seeing you soon. Best wishes. Jane.x

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Thank You for 25 Years - Click for Fun Stuff!
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com - June 2021
      • ICYM Our Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Explore the Remote World with Hurtigruten!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...