P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 minutes ago, SarahHben said:

It's a shame but hearing it teeming down outside I think you made the right decision!

My husband and son are walking to Hempstead Valley with the baby as he wouldn't sleep this morning. It wasn't raining when they left 🙄

His rash has all gone this morning so that's good, I will avoid strawberries and peanut butter today!

At least we’re members so we don’t lose money . Yes now pouring down 🙄

I’m glad your grandson has recovered, it’s so worrying when they’re so young.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Before and after we dragged Bella down to see Iona... 

Not impressed... 

Andy 

Collage_20210516_111248.jpg

Oh dear. Bella obviously not impressed with either the weather or Iona or maybe both! 

• Like 2

Good morning, a lovely start to the day watching Iona arriving in her home port, in the comfort of a warm house on YT. Looking forward to the naming ceremony tonight and being on YT should be good for casting to TV.

It's been so long since we cruised, three years, so everything crossed for our cruise on Iona next Feb to the Canaries. 

Pleased to see the Prodical Son has returned to the fold !

Stay safe.

• Like 4

Started off really well here, not a cloud in the sky when we went for our morning walk, lovely and warm too. We sat out for breakfast, Mrs YP put her washing out, probably contrary to the Avrilcast. Then of course it rained and hailed, so we went to th'Asda, so in the unlikely event that it is nice tomorrow we can take advantage.

I noticed an elderly gentleman collecting the trolleys from the carpark, I though blimey he must be pushing 80.

My missis was commenting that I was a lazy sod, I was so taken aback I nearly fell out of the trolley.

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Welcome back AndyMichelle you have been missed and glad to hear you are all well. I know how you feel having been made to visit the naughty step myself unfortunately amongst us there are some who are quick to report for the stupidist of reasons and it must make them feel powerful. As they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Welcome back AndyMichelle you have been missed and glad to hear you are all well. I know how you feel having been made to visit the naughty step myself unfortunately amongst us there are some who are quick to report for the stupidist of reasons and it must make them feel powerful. As they say keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

Sound advice Majortom, thank you. 

Andy 

15 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Started off really well here, not a cloud in the sky when we went for our morning walk, lovely and warm too. We sat out for breakfast, Mrs YP put her washing out, probably contrary to the Avrilcast. Then of course it rained and hailed, so we went to th'Asda, so in the unlikely event that it is nice tomorrow we can take advantage.

I noticed an elderly gentleman collecting the trolleys from the carpark, I though blimey he must be pushing 80.

My missis was commenting that I was a lazy sod, I was so taken aback I nearly fell out of the trolley.

Was just doing a Sunday Job ?. At that age he should be at home with his feet up watching place in the sun. Apparently you can get extra pension when you reach 80.

8 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Was just doing a Sunday Job ?. At that age he should be at home with his feet up watching place in the sun. Apparently you can get extra pension when you reach 80.

Yes but its only a couple of bob a week extra, may get you a pint if you live to 90. Last time I had a medical at the doctors he said I should stop smoking and drinking and refrain from sex Iasked "will I live to be 90" "No" he said "it will just seem like it"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Morning all,. 

Just checking in to make sure you are all OK. 

Rain has stopped, so putting on my big coat and strolling down to Warsash beach to do some Iona spotting. 

Have a great day everyone. 

Andy 

Great to hear from you Andy.

I hope you have both been well 

Take care and keep yourselves safe.

Graham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh I did... 

Reported twice and warned for 'sexist posts' for sharing a joke about women's parking... It was never meant to offend. 

Kalos may just be stepping away, it's not nice when you are targeted, for want of a better word, when you are just trying to cheer people up. 

Lets hope he returns soon. 

Andy 

Your posts were always very good natured and always a joy to read and never offensive imo.

Like Avril I was worried in case either of you were not well so I'm delighted to hear from you.

Best wishes to you both from Pauline and myself.

Graham.

• Like 3

It’s fantastic to see Andy back again ans he and Michelle are well and happy, we have all missed you and now wait for Kalos return 🙏

I have just got back home from what seemed all day out waiting for Iona since we left home early just in case , I’m glad we did go and watch her in the pouring rain which we were lucky to stay in the car until it stopped when she was just coming down from the top and sounding the horn all the way home and just has she was reversing in , the rain started again so time to go home I took loads of pictures and videos and can’t wait to be on her in February 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Your posts were always very good natured and always a joy to read and never offensive imo.

Like Avril I was worried in case either of you were not well so I'm delighted to hear from you.

Best wishes to you both from Pauline and myself.

Graham.

Thank you Graham, we are fine, sorry to have worried you. 

Was just nursing a bruised ego.. 

Love to Pauline. 

Andy & Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

I've had 2 vacations.

10°C and cloudy here.

Nice church service then a picnic by the beach.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 2

Just now, Purdey16 said:

It’s fantastic to see Andy back again ans he and Michelle are well and happy, we have all missed you and now wait for Kalos return 🙏

I have just got back home from what seemed all day out waiting for Iona since we left home early just in case , I’m glad we did go and watch her in the pouring rain which we were lucky to stay in the car until it stopped when she was just coming down from the top and sounding the horn all the way home and just has she was reversing in , the rain started again so time to go home I took loads of pictures and videos and can’t wait to be on her in February 

We are a bit further up on the opposite side to where you were, and when she passed us, it was absolutely tipping down... 

Still glad we made the effort though, really got us back in the spirit for cruising and our Beth has agreed to come with us, which will be lovely. 

Andy 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh I did... 

Reported twice and warned for 'sexist posts' for sharing a joke about women's parking... It was never meant to offend. 

Kalos may just be stepping away, it's not nice when you are targeted, for want of a better word, when you are just trying to cheer people up. 

Lets hope he returns soon. 

Andy 

Hi Andy great to hear you and Michelle are Happy more than can be said for your dog this morning .I echo your sentiments Andy but must stress at no time was I put on a "Naughty step " and was free to post at anytime . My post had a blonde in a mask so maybe but who cares ,lets leave it at that .I chose to walk away and not post and the very next day I took Mrs K for her second jab which floored her, so she spent the next 24hours in bed . She has no regrets though as she feels safer now vaccinated . The very next day I was just about to do some work on my PC when I got a sharp pick axe pain in the right hand side of my head which felt sore to even touch my head and it spread to my ear and painkillers did nothing for it . A  week on and it is beginning to ease thankfully.

So as everyone can see I was not posting for various reasons . The good news is that Mrs K and myself are now booked on the Azura  and doing a back to back cruise  but not until next year .That gives us something to look forward to . Will finish by saying thank you to the other posters who have shown concern for us Andy , they are a good bunch and  I wish them well .

Take care and be safe everyone :classic_smile:

Edited by kalos
  • Like 24

5 minutes ago, kalos said:

Hi Andy great to hear you and Michelle are Happy more than can be said for your dog this morning .I echo your sentiments Andy but must stress at no time was I put on a "Naughty step " and was free to post at anytime . My post had a blonde in a mask so maybe but who cares ,lets leave it at that .I chose to walk away and not post and the very next day I took Mrs K for her second jab which floored her, so she spent the next 24hours in bed . She has no regrets though as she feels safer now vaccinated . The very next day I was just about to do some work on my PC when I got a sharp pick axe pain in the right hand side of my head which felt sore to even touch my head and it spread to my ear and painkillers did nothing for it . A  week on and it is beginning to ease thankfully.

So as everyone can see I was not posting for various reasons . The good news is that Mrs K and myself are now booked on the Azura  and doing a back to back cruise  but not until next year .That gives us something to look forward to . Will finish by saying thank you to the other posters who have shown concern for us Andy , they are a good bunch and  I wish them well .

Oh blimey Kalos, I hope you are both OK now, keep safe. 

I too was not on the naughty step, just warned because of complaints, but that was enough for me to feel if I was upsetting someone, I was not achieving what I come on here to do, so best step away. 

Nice to hear from you Kalos. 

Andy 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, kalos said:

I'm sorry to hear Mrs K and yourself had not been well Kalos but pleased you are both a lot better now and you are posting again.

I'm also delighted to hear you have booked a cruise on Azura and it will certainly give you both something to really look forward to.

Take care mate.

Graham.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Oh blimey Kalos, I hope you are both OK now, keep safe. 

I too was not on the naughty step, just warned because of complaints, but that was enough for me to feel if I was upsetting someone, I was not achieving what I come on here to do, so best step away. 

Nice to hear from you Kalos. 

Andy 

Don’t let one or two very sad souls put you off posting......

I hope you realise how much you were missed by so many.

Gill

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, kalos said:

Aw Kalos. You’ve not had a great week have you, but glad to hear you are both feeling better. You can both now really look forward to your back to back next year and Mrs Kalos can start planning her shopping expeditions for updating her cruise wardrobe .......

Gill x

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1